Xbox one is turning on but not working

Discus and support Xbox one is turning on but not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been having issues with xbox one where it will turn on and make the initial startup noise, but there is nothing happening on screen, the xbox is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Amyassassin777, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Xbox one is turning on but not working

I have been having issues with xbox one where it will turn on and make the initial startup noise, but there is nothing happening on screen, the xbox is also making a faint clicking noise and after a few minutes of the xbox being turned on it turns itself
    off again. Have already tried a hard reset and have tested on other power supply's and hdmi cables and the outcome is the same, is there anything else that can be done?

:)

Amyassassin777, Aug 19, 2019
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

3. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

In the Reddit Insiders wiki FAQ it specifically states that OSU cannot be used on a console enrolled in the preview program. It must be unenrolled first and this
    process includes a factory reset and a update to the current General Availability release.
    Hmm, I actually didn't know that, so thanks for pointing that out.
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

In the Reddit Insiders wiki FAQ it specifically states that OSU cannot be used on a console enrolled in the preview program. It must be unenrolled first and this
    process includes a factory reset and a update to the current General Availability release.
  5. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Hi Amyassassin77,

sorry the hear. I think the last possible solution is to
    reset your Xbox One console to factory defaults using a USB flash drive

Warning Using this method to restore your console to the factory default settings erases all accounts, apps, games, saved games, and settings. Anything not synchronized with Xbox Live will be lost. Your console syncs with Xbox Live
    automatically when it’s connected with the service.

And sorry, I have heard this does not work with Alpha Preview Systems (RUMORS?? - do not know)

And if it does not work:
    Check for warranty
    !

Hope this helps
  6. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello AmyHowe1,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. In regards to the Xbox not staying on, have you tried to plug the Xbox into another outlet all together along with a different Power Supply Unit? Additionally, I would also try this support article for

Resetting Xbox One Power Supply
    to try and resolve the issue as well. I would also recommend try other TV's as well.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
Thema:

1. Xbox one is turning on but not working - Similar Threads - turning working

2. Parent restrictions turned off dont work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parent restrictions turned off dont work: i want to disable all restrictions for my son becasue he cannot do basic tasks such as change his custom image for his xbox one profile, I have turned everything off and gone through all the...
  3. Screen saver not work in game if you turn off cards/elements in screen saver menu

in XboX Insiders
    Screen saver not work in game if you turn off cards/elements in screen saver menu: Screen saver not work in game if you turn off cards/elements in screen saver menu. After this screen saver never activated in game even forced manual not works. Need fix. Report a problem done via...
  4. Turn off after not working

in XboX Insiders
    Turn off after not working: Second successive time this has happened...first time I thought it was a glitch. 10 hours ago I turned my Xbox on. Didn't do much and left it. Now, the xbox is still turned on, even though I...
  5. AG10: Need to turn resolutions down on Xbox for it to work as nothing on screen

in XboX Networking Hardware
    AG10: Need to turn resolutions down on Xbox for it to work as nothing on screen: AG10: Need to turn resolutions down on Xbox for it to work as nothing on screen Hi There, Try holding the power and eject buttons together until you hear 2 beeps. This resets teh resolution to...
  6. wirless controller not turn on ont work

in XBoX on Consoles
    wirless controller not turn on ont work: Hi I have a problem with wireless controller The problem is that it stops working and does not work even when you connect it with the xbox to the usb port What the solution is known as original...
  7. Kinect keeps turning off/not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect keeps turning off/not working: Looking for info advice for my Kinect. I got it so I could skype with my family. It worked great for a couple years. Now it almost never turns on. When I do use it with Skype it turns off mid...
  8. None of my xboxones are working. They turn on load up then black screen.. The home box will...

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my xboxones are working. They turn on load up then black screen.. The home box will...: None of my xbox ones are working. They turn on, boot up and then black screen. Home menu will pop up but cant navigate through it 79268f49-bc50-445c-a1a5-a035202b36b5
  9. Xbox one power does not work when I touched it and turns off by itself and makes beep...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power does not work when I touched it and turns off by itself and makes beep...: My xbox power button not responding to touch and keeps making ejecting disc noise like crazy turns off as soon as it get to the menu or turn on right away with ejecting disc noises...
  10. the observer does not work turn off xbox one x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    the observer does not work turn off xbox one x: the game the observer does not work in game pass I turn off the xbox one x .I can not access the main menu of the game. Something similar happens with resident evil zero. When will they release...