Xbox one keeps factory resetting self

Discus and support Xbox one keeps factory resetting self in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Over the past few weeks its been more frequent. Now its a daily thing. Every time it goes idle it will reset itself and i have to sign my account in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KerriganWall, May 13, 2019.

1. KerriganWall
    KerriganWall Guest

Over the past few weeks its been more frequent. Now its a daily thing. Every time it goes idle it will reset itself and i have to sign my account in every single time. What can i do

:)

KerriganWall, May 13, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Kerrigan,

Thank you for the update. If the power cycle and restarting the console does not stop the console from factory resetting itself when the Xbox goes idle, then you'll need to try a full factory reset wiping everything from the console. To be honest with you
    I have never heard of this problem before where the Xbox forces a factory reset by just going idle and factory resetting the console is usually done if the console is experiencing system issues.

If there aren't any network issues and a full factory reset does not solve the issue, then you will need to send the console to be inspected and repaired.

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/warranty-and-service/getting-your-product-serviced
  3. Paul1708 Win User

Hello

That would be really strange if it was factory reseting every single time you turned it off.

Are you sure it isnt just signing you out of your account all the time?

The only time it would force a factory reset is if you left the insider program and that would just be the once.
  4. KerriganWall Win User

Yes it factory resets and i have to go threw the set up all over numerous times now
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Kerrigan,

Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums, I'd be happy to help.

So you are saying that every time your Xbox goes idle it factory resets itself? A factory reset completely resets the operating system and clears all data and accounts on the console so you'd be starting up the Xbox like it's right out of the box and you'd
    need to go through the set up process. Is this what is happening or is your account simply signing out because the console is disconnecting from Xbox Live?

If you haven't done so already, go ahead and do a
    hard reset and power cycle
    . Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 2-3 minutes. Then re-connect and
    turn on the Xbox.
  6. Alucario Ultra Win User

That is something really weird.

I suggest you to attempt to hard reset. Then, check your configurations.

In the meantime, try contacting MS support because, that mean, that it´s something in your console that makes it wipe out everything from your console, I do not even know if there is such an option.
Thema:

1. Xbox one keeps factory resetting self - Similar Threads - keeps factory resetting

2. EA Access Hub keeps freezing!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EA Access Hub keeps freezing!: Hi, i am trying to load EA access . it is loading the hub on screen but it will not let me navigate anywhere on the page and i have to quit app to exit . i have unistalled and reinstalled app and...
  3. Keep getting suspended for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keep getting suspended for no reason: I tried the enforcement thing and no one answered or even read my statement. My friend keeps getting banned and i have no part in it. I shouldnt be banned just because i have my account linked to...
  4. Xbox WiFi keeps disconnecting at 21:00hrs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox WiFi keeps disconnecting at 21:00hrs: Hi, My Xbox keeps disconnecting at exactly 21:00hrs every night and I can't tell why. A restart will only bring the WiFi back for 2-5 mins before it disconnects again. I've gone through all...
  5. Microsoft Won't Refund My Accidental Purchase and Won't Tell Me Why - Just Keep Closing the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Won't Refund My Accidental Purchase and Won't Tell Me Why - Just Keep Closing the...: So I accidentally bought Star Wars Battlefront 2, I thought I was just downloading a game I had already purchased and didn't realize I was actually buying it. I then realized my mistake and tried...
  6. Xbox keeps going back to factory defaults

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps going back to factory defaults: Hi. My Xbox keeps resetting. In that I mean if I turn off I have to go through the process of setting it all up again when I turn back on. Like it s brand new out of the box. What keeps causing...
  7. Restore factory defaults while keeping OS updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Restore factory defaults while keeping OS updates: Recently bought an Xbox One X. Am selling old Xbox One. If I do a factory reset, will that also delete all the operating system (OS) updates or will they remain on the Xbox One?...
  8. Factory reset my Xbox and it keep saying there was somthing wrong with the uodate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Factory reset my Xbox and it keep saying there was somthing wrong with the uodate: please fix this error code: 80072EE2 7787c1e8-b8cc-48ff-aabf-958d1b2f3692
  9. Xbox keeps crashing to the dashboard even after hard reset and factory default.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps crashing to the dashboard even after hard reset and factory default.: Originally happened when I was playing fallout 4. Since then all games disc and download will work for a minute or two, basically get to the main menu screen or beginning cinema than kick me back...
  10. Factory Reset and Keeping Xbox Live Gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Factory Reset and Keeping Xbox Live Gold: I am considering selling my Xbox 360 and games but I currently have Xbox Live Gold until either January or February 2015. I was inquiring if I sell my system and factory reset it before shipping...