Xbox One keeps shutting off after roughly 1 minute

Discus and support Xbox One keeps shutting off after roughly 1 minute in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One Elite. Last night, my a*hole cat walked behind the TV and stepped on the surge protector, which shut off the TV and Xbox One. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nikki0417, Sep 17, 2022.

1. Nikki0417
    Nikki0417 Guest

I have an Xbox One Elite. Last night, my a*hole cat walked behind the TV and stepped on the surge protector, which shut off the TV and Xbox One. The TV's fine, but now, the Xbox won't start up properly. It turns on for a little over a minute (I've timed it), then shuts off and the light on the power brick turns orange. During the brief time it's on, the screen is blank. While pressing the Xbox button on the controller turns on the console on, the controller itself won't stay on; the light flashes a few times before it shut off along with the console. And the controller doesn't power on at all when I turn on the Xbox.

• The problem is not the HDMI cable or the TV
    • I've tried unplugging for 15 seconds and plugging it back in
    • I've tried unplugging it for a longer period of time in case of overheating - it's not overheating
    • I've tried different outlets, including plugging it directly into the wall
    • I've tried pressing the eject button several times
    • I've tried blowing cool air on the vents with a hair dryer
    • I've tried holding down the power button along with eject/sync buttons
    Any suggestion that involves holding down the power button - either by itself, with the eject/sync buttons, or all 3 - doesn't work as the console turns off after a minute regardless of whether or not I have my finger on the power button. Holding down the button while the console is turned off doesn't do anything, either.

It appeared to shut off sooner last night (after 30-45 seconds), otherwise the problem is the same. I'm honestly at a loss for what to do here.

Any suggestions would be helpful, but I'd appreciate not being told to try something I've already tried at least 20 times.

:)

Nikki0417, Sep 17, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this NIKKI0417

If your Xbox console is the original Xbox one. You can try purchasing a new power brick.
    But if you have an Xbox one S and newer. You may need to get your console inspected with an authorized repair center.
    Because you tried basically everything from your side and the console still doesn't turn on
  3. SPS-40B1869D-52C4-42 Win User

XBOX one not playing game?

Hiya ChainBang420,

Have you tried a full power cycle? Hold the power button down until the console shuts off. Then unplug the power cable. Wait roughly one to two minutes. Then plug it back in and restart.

~SPS
  4. moto moto�� Win User

Xbox One won't connect to hdmi and stay on

I tried all of these but it still won't work! It wont connect to hdmi at all and keeps shutting off around a minute after it turns on
  5. NainaBug Win User

Xbox One Random shutdown issues

I'm experiencing the same issues. My system was working fine for the first few weeks but when I start playing it today, it keeps shutting off. Every time I'm 5 minutes into the game the system will shut off. And there would be a few times when after it shuts
    off, I will turn it back on and it will shut off a second later. It will do this like 5 times until it turns completely on. I hardly was playing my Xbox one. I probably played it 10 times since I bought it.
  6. Joker2431 Win User

Xbox one Controller issues

My controller did shut off about ten minutes after I turned the xbox off.
Thema:

1. Xbox One keeps shutting off after roughly 1 minute - Similar Threads - keeps shutting off

2. My Xbox one s has been trying to update all day and keeps shutting off instead of restarting

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox one s has been trying to update all day and keeps shutting off instead of restarting: So I've been trying all day to update my Xbox but it simply won't it gets to about 57% and just shuts off I can't even leave the program now bc it just keeps popping up telling me to update why...
  3. My Xbox Keeps shutting off or Disconnecting

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox Keeps shutting off or Disconnecting: Before we go anywhere hears the environment the girl (series X) sits in: I’m a teen nearing the end of summer. Rm is always pretty warm around 80 degrees. It’s possible my cords are loose. it’s...
  4. Xbox One X keeps having loooong black screen on boot up, then promptly shut offs if it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X keeps having loooong black screen on boot up, then promptly shut offs if it...: this has been an annoying issue for ages, one that in frustration made me just ragequit instead of trying to fix. i'd say about since 2019, it was always an issue seemingly connected to the timing...
  5. Series x keeps auto shut off/de sync

in XboX Insiders
    Series x keeps auto shut off/de sync: Keeps shutting off takes multiple times to power up and on occasion my speakers go crazy with static popping. once on the main menu try to report problem and then cuts out. Prior to that my screen...
  6. Xbox controller keeps shutting off even with usb connected and new batteries

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller keeps shutting off even with usb connected and new batteries: One of my Xbox controller keeps shutting off even with the usb in and with a perfectly fine cable and it won’t pair with the Xbox , How do I fix this? 9ebcbebf-a837-4da1-8081-743a66871ad4
  7. Xbox one s keeps shutting off as soon as I turn it on

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one s keeps shutting off as soon as I turn it on: Xbox one s keeps shutting off as soon as I turn it on ce4723a2-3b1f-4669-852b-3ec9c85e2980
  8. Xbox keeps shutting off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox keeps shutting off: Every time I play 2k22 REC with my friends I play a few minutes then my whole Xbox shuts off. And it only does that on 2k. Is it the game or the xbox? 3e36b0fb-64e8-4767-8dc3-7878fce79e1f
  9. Xbox keeps randomly shutting off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox keeps randomly shutting off: I’ve tried everything and it still shuts off randomly... I would be in the middle of a game it goes to a green screen then shuts off and it feels really hot.. I’ve changed my whole area around for...
  10. the new xbox wireless headset keeps shutting off after 10 20 min and why my speaker sound...

in XBoX on Windows
    the new xbox wireless headset keeps shutting off after 10 20 min and why my speaker sound...: dose anyone know why the new xbox wireless headset keeps turning off after 10 20 min i have no idea why not low on battery or anything had it charged but it just keeps shutting off on me like its...