Xbox One Keeps Signing Out On Its Own

Discus and support Xbox One Keeps Signing Out On Its Own in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently I have been having an issue where my Xbox One will randomly sign me out as if I have turned off the controller. The message comes up 'Bye... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BrianSmith##, May 8, 2019.

1. BrianSmith##
    BrianSmith## Guest

Recently I have been having an issue where my Xbox One will randomly sign me out as if I have turned off the controller. The message comes up 'Bye Brian! Sign in using an Xbox controller'. It occurs every 1-5 minutes, give or take, and always when I am in
    an app that is streaming content. It will also sign out under my fiancee's profile. It doesn't occur on my Xbox 360. Here are the steps I have taken to try and correct it, based off of searches for the same issue:

I have done both a soft and hard reset of the console.

I have tested the internet settings. No other device loses connectivity.

I have deleted and re-downloaded my profile.

I have re-synced my controllers and even changed the batteries. Worth noting, neither controller loses power when the sign out happens.

None of the above have remedied the issue. I do not have a current Gold account, however, that has not affected me in the past.

Any idea how to permanently correct this? It has rendered my Xbox One console useless at this point.

:)

BrianSmith##, May 8, 2019
  2. JhonSnow777 Win User

3. PHOENIXoRISING Win User

Do you get an error message when it goes offline? In the network settings or otherwise? Or do you just have the comfort of the console saying "bye" to you? If you have no error messages anywhere, I would try a power cycle. That is only because the 3rd
    thing you tried didn't work. Here is a step by step link on how to do it. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console.
  4. Andre' Arnett-Braun Win User

Hello, BrianSmith##!

I'm sorry that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox One signing you out of your account.

You might want to consider performing a factory reset on your console. However, it will erase all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. Although, you should try and contact Xbox Support first to see if they have any other suggestions.

Let us know if this helps!
  5. BrianSmith## Win User

I did do several power cycles with the console; going as far as leaving it unplugged for 30 minutes. However, after some thinking I hit upon what the issue was overall. I had recently moved the console from one room back to my main room and in the process
    I hooked it into my router. Previous to these issues it was running through wireless. So I disconnected the LAN cable and moved over to having it be on wireless again, and that corrected the problem 100%.

Seems I had a damaged LAN cable that was causing the intermittent log offs from Live.

Thank you everyone who assisted!
  6. The Alpha Pixel Win User

Account signs out on its own.

I deleted and downloaded my profile and it worked. Recently I tried doing these security proofs and I think I hit "don't remember my password when signing in" during the process. When I downloaded it, I changed it so that it will remember my password. Not
    sure if that had anything to do with this, but either way, the problem is resolved. Thanks!
Thema:

1. Xbox One Keeps Signing Out On Its Own - Similar Threads - Keeps Signing Own

2. Keep getting signed out on gameshare

in XBoX Accessibility
    Keep getting signed out on gameshare: When I'm playing a game and my girlfriend turns on her xbox, its signs into my account on her xbox first before switching to her profile. Thus kicking me out of whatever I'm playing on my console....
  3. my xbox keeps signing me out!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox keeps signing me out!!!: my xbox keeps signing me out right when i log in nothing has worked i try to log back in does not work signs me back out 440247a6-6ffe-4473-abe5-ae7080b8929d
  4. keep getting signed out

in XBoX Accessibility
    keep getting signed out: Hi everyone, I was playing Red Dead 2 (local) and I was suddenly signed out, I thought it was a glitch, I turned off the xbox and went out for a few hours. Tonight I started playing again,...
  5. Xbox Account Keeps randomly signing me out and not accepting my password!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Account Keeps randomly signing me out and not accepting my password!: Hi, I know there is a trouble shooting section for this issue on the xbox website, HOWEVER, I have followed these steps multiple times and every time they do nothing for my issue. In the past 2-3...
  6. Keeps logging me out when I sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Keeps logging me out when I sign in: Hey I've been trying to log on and when I do it immediately logs me out can I have some help and no one else but me uses the account. 9e66ec4f-caec-45c0-a438-dcde4542fa89
  7. I keep getting signed out of xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting signed out of xbox live: I am constantly being signed out of xbox live. Im running a 100 meg ethernet conenction and my pc is streaming fine. there seems to be now way to actually report this issue. can anyone tell me how...
  8. Xbox keeps signing me out and wont connect to my internet.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox keeps signing me out and wont connect to my internet.: Every time I try to log in my Xbox gives me the "bye Matt, try signing in with a controller" Even though I signed in with a controller?!? It also wont connect to the internet now, but all my other...
  9. Xbox one keeps signing me out automatically

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one keeps signing me out automatically: My xbox one has recently started automatically signing me out at complete random. I have tried redownloading my profile but that didnt work. Plz halp 744d148e-ebe5-40c2-ae4a-37bf8f6df4f8
  10. My Xbox profile keeps signing out while playing games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox profile keeps signing out while playing games: Hi there, For some reason, my Xbox profile will keep signing out while playing games. It only seems to regularly happen while playing big story games like RDR2, and today, 3 times in an hour on...