: Xbox One keeps switching from Moderate NAT to Open, Why?

Discus and support : Xbox One keeps switching from Moderate NAT to Open, Why? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox One keeps switching from Moderate NAT to Open, Why? Its most important that once you’ve changed either your gateway or your router settings,... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Bi9Daddy61, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Bi9Daddy61
    Bi9Daddy61 Guest

Its most important that once you’ve changed either your gateway or your router settings,
    restart your Xbox and your network devices, and then check your network settings again to make sure that the NAT message is gone.

:)

Bi9Daddy61, Oct 31, 2019
  2. Bi9Daddy61 Win User

Xbox One keeps switching from Moderate NAT to Open, Why?

Connecting to C1100Z gateway with wireless on I have the same exact issue. For some reason XB1 is still seeing 2 NAT types, even with only one wireless is on.
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Its most important that once you’ve changed either your gateway or your router settings,
    restart your Xbox and your network devices, and then check your network settings again to make sure that the NAT message is gone.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox One keeps switching from Moderate NAT to Open, Why?

Hi Bi9,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand having issues with your NAT and also getting double NAT. Have you tried just connecting to the router/gateway? Also can you try a wired connection with the Xbox console. Reason for

double NAT
    is the console is still picking up two pieces of equipment. Also the ports needed for Xbox live for port forwarding are:

• Port 88 (UDP)
    • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 80 (TCP)
    • Port 500 (UDP)
    • Port 3544 (UDP)
    • Port 4500 (UDP)
    When port forwarding UPNP is disabled as it overwrites this. Look over the guides posted and let us know how it goes.

Brad
  5. Malacath Win User

2 Xbox One's on one network

@Bobmcfly247 A fully compatible router should allow an open NAT on both Xboxes not moderate. If you have a moderate Nat then you have a router with crap UPnP support.

On a good router your Xbox will open a different UPnP port rather than the standard one if it's already mapped to another device. This keeps the NAT open on both. On a bad router this will fail and you get a moderate or strict Nat.
  6. cabal30 Win User

DMZ and UPNP

Thanks for the info. Hopefully this will help me. Been trying to get my NAT type to stay open but it keeps switching back and forth to moderate.
Thema:

1. : Xbox One keeps switching from Moderate NAT to Open, Why? - Similar Threads - keeps switching Moderate

2. Xbox one X scorpio keeps switching off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X scorpio keeps switching off: I have an xbox one x scorpio and it keeps switching off, I'm out of warranty but I've read up on the fault with a chip inside. 3e5bc967-7e93-4cf6-9d72-71584858058b
  3. error 0x83750007 keeps showing up when switching accounts on xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    error 0x83750007 keeps showing up when switching accounts on xbox app: When I try to switch my accounts for the companion app an error shows up and it say error 0x83750007 Please try again later and I've waited hours to a day at the most and still says it...
  4. HELP ME! Xbox 1X keeps switching back on ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP ME! Xbox 1X keeps switching back on ??: My 1X turns itself back on after I turn it off, I always need to turn it off twice and its super annoying. It does not matter how I turn it off, it will always come back on yet only once. It just...
  5. if you are downloading a file, can you switch profiles and keep downloading from the other...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if you are downloading a file, can you switch profiles and keep downloading from the other...: I have two profiles setup on my console.. I was just wondering... if I start a download on one profile, will it continue to download or pause if I switch to the other profile...
  6. Xbox One X keeps switching to 7.1 from bitstream

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X keeps switching to 7.1 from bitstream: Hi,, Every time I turn my xbox one x back on, the audio output is on 7.1 uncompressed rather than bitstream. I reset it every time so I'm getting Dolby Atmos to my reciever and it works fine for...
  7. Why does my controller keep switching players?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my controller keep switching players?: I have an Afterglow Xbox 360 wired controller on Windows 10. Every once in a while, it decides to switch to player 4. I've tried unplugging, removing it through Device Manager and nothing works...
  8. My xbox controller keeps switching to player 2 in the middle of the game and doesn't change ...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox controller keeps switching to player 2 in the middle of the game and doesn't change ...: I bought a new Xbox 360 controller to play games on my PC (windows 7). When I play certain games (in my case GTA V) my controller loses its connection for a split second and when it gets a...
  9. can you tell me why the game keeps switching to connection in progress mode?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can you tell me why the game keeps switching to connection in progress mode?: This is getting pretty annoying, lately every time I play it lets me play a couple games then goes into the connection in progress mode and stays there. b109717f-3429-4170-8083-c65d7c19cc81
  10. Xbox Elite paddle does not map to D-Pad Right, keeps switching the screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Elite paddle does not map to D-Pad Right, keeps switching the screen: Hello All, Looking for assitance with the Xbox Accessories app button mapping with an Elite Controller. When I attempt to hold and map a paddle to the D-pad Right button, it goes to the next...