Xbox One Live TV Setup causes BSkyB Viewing Card to be disabled

Discus and support Xbox One Live TV Setup causes BSkyB Viewing Card to be disabled in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have been trying to get my Sky HD box to play through my Xbox One. I connected my Sky HDMI cable to the Xbox and started the setup process.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Aiden, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Aiden
    Aiden Guest

Hello,

I have been trying to get my Sky HD box to play through my Xbox One.

I connected my Sky HDMI cable to the Xbox and started the setup process. However it seems to fail at the first setp, it says that it has found a signal from the Sky box but a picture never appears.

After giving up on that I re-connected my Sky HDMI cable to my AV receiver to watch TV and found that I had an Error 02 message, telling me that there is a problem with my viewing card. Taking the card out and putting it back in again makes everything work
    on the Sky box again.

I repeated this a number of times and the behaviour is consistent, the Xbox One causes my viewing card to error everytime I try to set it up.

I have tried to do a hard reset, but not a factory reset, of the Xbox. On the sky box I have performed a planner rebuild and attempted a manual software update.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks.

Xbox One: Day one edition

TV: Panasonic VT20

Set Top Box: BSkyB Sky+HD - Amstrad 1TB (version 4f3151)

:)

Aiden, Jun 12, 2014
  2. Mister Urkel
    Mister Urkel Guest
    Xbox One won't allow widescreen viewing

Hey Folks,

Sorry to hear about the viewing issues that you all are experiencing. Have a go at this link for

LIVE TV setup
    . Give this a go and reach back and let us know how it goes.

Mister Urkel, Jun 12, 2014
  3. Controls delayed on HDTV

What TV do you have? Does it have a 'Game Mode' or a 'PC Mode'? TV's with 100Hz refresh rates can cause input lag as the TV does it's own video processing to reduce film based judder. This is fine for TV and film viewing, but it's best that any extra video
    processing modes to be disabled when using the 360 or any game console for that matter.

Obsessive Power, Jun 12, 2014
  4. Annie UK
    Annie UK Guest

Got the same Sky box as you and are having no issue with the viewing card the only issue is blurring of the picture that is not there with a direct connect to the TV.

Annie UK, Jun 15, 2014
  5. Annie UK Win User

Got the same Sky box as you and are having no issue with the viewing card the only issue is blurring of the picture that is not there with a direct connect to the TV.
  6. Mister Urkel Win User

Xbox One won't allow widescreen viewing

Hey Folks,

Sorry to hear about the viewing issues that you all are experiencing. Have a go at this link for

LIVE TV setup
    . Give this a go and reach back and let us know how it goes.
  7. Falkon(2) Win User

Any way to bypass HDMI sound?

[quote user="Big Sist3r"] Shouldn't choosing Dolby 5.1 cause the box to bypass HDMI sound and send it to the receiver via toslink exclusively?

[/quote]No, either or both of those methods of output can and will send out Dolby 5.1 sound.

[quote user="Big Sist3r"] Am I just gonna have to mute the TV?

[/quote]You could do that, or turn the volume down to zero, or disable the TVs speakers. Personally I just have mine turned down to zero with my Xbox setup. In another setup I have the TV speakers disabled altogether.
  8. Kelemvor79 Win User

Trying to watch Live TV but I don't have an entertainment tab

see next link to setup live TV :

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/live-tv/set-up-live-tv
  9. ThisParty©FitsHisFa Win User

My x1

I've used Now TV without any issues.

These apps use secure connections to your TV so you dont have any capture cards etc setup do you as this might cause an issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Live TV Setup causes BSkyB Viewing Card to be disabled - Similar Threads - Live Setup causes

2. Minecraft -says cannot play on realms because of how my xbox live account is setup. Says it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft -says cannot play on realms because of how my xbox live account is setup. Says it...: Minecraft -says cannot play on realms because of how my xbox live account is setup. Says it can be changed in privacy settings on xbox.com Have checked privacy settings and any changes I make do...
  3. ASUS RT-AC68U Setup with XBox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    ASUS RT-AC68U Setup with XBox Live: For you folks smarter than me, I have a question about getting the Time Scheduling feature to work properly with XBox Live ... Router firmware: 3.0.0.4.384_21140 Environment: XBox One (x2) wired...
  4. xbox live account setup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox live account setup: I cannot get my 10 year sons xbox live account setup because the parent approval steps will not let me complete. c9138a26-2941-4151-bee7-ea0d57f5ec0b
  5. Xbox one says network not setup when connected to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one says network not setup when connected to Xbox live: im connected to Xbox live playing destiny. The game is super laggy and I'm red bar. I checked multiplayer connection and it says network not setup. I check detailed network and it says 402 Mbps...
  6. New Xbox 360 live account setup but won't sing in to live tells me to download the profile ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox 360 live account setup but won't sing in to live tells me to download the profile ...: So I am on my niece's Xbox, and since non e of her accounts have live, I created my own account and got a free month of gold. I go to sing into live on the Xbox after subscribing to live on my...
  7. Get an error saying my profile isn't setup for Live Multiplayer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Get an error saying my profile isn't setup for Live Multiplayer: Running game in Live Multiplayer: games like Demo for Transformers Fall of Cybertron give errors saying profile isn't setup for Live Multiplayer b529ab21-5146-44fe-9574-1f57834dbf12
  8. XBOX Live setup for Xbox one Netgear Help

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Live setup for Xbox one Netgear Help: Hi All, I have a Netgear DGND3700V2 for am trying to open the port forwarding for Xbox one. Should I also do Port Triggering as well I have seen videos on youtube some ppl do both,...
  9. New 360 setup, cannot login live because account associated with XBone

in XBoX on Consoles
    New 360 setup, cannot login live because account associated with XBone: I have a Live account associated with my one but setting up a new 360 it will not let me continue, says "this account associated with a different Live profile" 4de6b6bc-ba9d-4dee-be9a-84700f14ec5b
  10. Can't setup an xbox live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't setup an xbox live account: For the past few weeks I have tried setting up an account on here using either a pre paid gift card or a pre paid credit card. I have not been allowed to use either of those on here. Could someone...