Xbox one making my home network not work

Discus and support Xbox one making my home network not work in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox one making my home network not work When you connect the Xbox is it downloading an update either to itself or for a game? If you have limited... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Mikey7474, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Mikey7474
    Mikey7474 Guest

When you connect the Xbox is it downloading an update either to itself or for a game? If you have limited bandwidth that could potentially cause issues for other devices. That's really about it, connecting one additional device shouldn't be causing others
    to lose access. The Xbox is just another device accessing the internet it does not take over or change any network settings.

:)

Mikey7474, Apr 18, 2019
  2. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there Mikey!

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums regarding this issue that you're running into when connecting to your home network.

Do you have any issues when connecting to your network with the other devices when your Xbox One is connected wirelessly? Is there any troubleshooting steps that you have already attempted to resolve this issue? Please let us know this way we are not providing
    those same steps.

Of course first thing you can attempt is
    Physically Power Cycling your Xbox One
    and also your Router. Unplug the power from your router, wait 1 minute and then plug it back in. Wait for all services to be back up, at this point go ahead and turn the Xbox One back ON. Once it is connected see if
    it has made any changes in connecting your other devices.

If the issue persists I would advise that you reach out to your Internet Service Provider to see if there could be any issues with the network or network hardware itself that could be causing this.

I hope this helps.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

When you connect the Xbox is it downloading an update either to itself or for a game? If you have limited bandwidth that could potentially cause issues for other devices. That's really about it, connecting one additional device shouldn't be causing others
    to lose access. The Xbox is just another device accessing the internet it does not take over or change any network settings.
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Offline Use

Hi Babyjsmomma,

The console can be used offline by going to Settings>Network>Network Settings>Go offline
    for more info check out this article for
    going offline.

If there are any digitally downloaded games, make sure that the account with desired games is set to home console. This can be done by going to
    Settings>Personalization>My Home Xbox and then choosing
    "Make this my home Xbox"
    Here's an article with more information:
    How to designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox.

Hope this helps, thank you!
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

CANNOT PLAY DOWNLOADED GAMES I PAID FOR BECAUSE OF MICROSOFT TACTICS

You do not need a gold subscription to play games on the Xbox One unless the game states that you do. (Star Wars Battlefront, Destiny, Plants V Zombies Garden Warfare 1 & 2 etc etc). If you want to play the console offline, you only have to go into network
    settings and make the console play offline. Remember though that if you do make your console go offline, make sure your console is set as the home xbox, otherwise your digitally downloaded games will not work. For more info on the Home Xbox setting have
    a look here

My Home Xbox Setting on Xbox One | Share your Xbox One
  6. DigitalAssassin Win User

Playing digital games offline...

Set you console to offline mode following the steps below:

How to go offline

1.Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.

2.Select Settings.

3.Select All Settings.

4.Select Network.

5.Select Network settings, and then select Go offline.

support.xbox.com/.../using-xbox-one-offline

Also you may need to set your console to your 'Home' console:

Designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox

Note You can designate only one console as your home Xbox.

1.Scroll left from Home to open the guide.

2.Select Settings.

3.Select All Settings.

4.Select Personalisation.

5.Select My home Xbox.

6.Review the information, and then do one of the following:

•Select Make this my home Xbox to designate the console as your home Xbox.

•Select This is not my home Xbox to remove the designation.

support.xbox.com/.../using-xbox-one-offline
Thema:

1. Xbox one making my home network not work - Similar Threads - making home network

2. Are you able to use the "Make this my home Xbox" one more than 1 console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are you able to use the "Make this my home Xbox" one more than 1 console?: In the past I have made one of my relative's xbox, my home xbox and now I wanted to do the same thing for my console so I can play games while I'm offline.The problem though, is that whenever I...
  3. This new tablet/phone centric home screen is awful, it actually makes want to turn off my...

in XboX Insiders
    This new tablet/phone centric home screen is awful, it actually makes want to turn off my...: I know I've posted this in a different thread but the more I boot it the more I hate it. I'm literally am staring at the home screen and it's so unengaging that I don't even feel like exploring...
  4. Help, my xbox doesn't allow me to make it my home xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help, my xbox doesn't allow me to make it my home xbox: My father and i had 2 different accounts and we want to ,,game share" the Xbox Gold.We are added in the same family and we are on the same console, but i can't make it my home xbox.My father...
  5. Не удается сделать консоль домашней (Can not make the console home.) Xbox one X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Не удается сделать консоль домашней (Can not make the console home.) Xbox one X: Не удается привязать, консоль возникает ошибка " Не удается подключиться к этой службе сейчас. Попробуйте еще чуть позже." Количество активаций еще 2. Проблема появилась после полного сброса...
  6. Can't make my xbox 'My Home Xbox' even I have 3 switches.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't make my xbox 'My Home Xbox' even I have 3 switches.: Can't make my xbox 'My Home Xbox' even I have 3 switches. I tried this on 2 different consoles to make sure but the result is same, so I'm sure this is about my account which is: Gamertag:...
  7. Can’t make selections on home screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t make selections on home screen: I have 3 profiles on my xbox one, one for me and one for each of my two children. I am constantly having issues on the home screen. When someone is playing and another tries to logon to the game,...
  8. Can't make my account Home Xbox (not a Limited times issue)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't make my account Home Xbox (not a Limited times issue): I have a new account I have made it Home Xbox only for one time, and when I'm trying to make it home Xbox for a different console it says: it unable to connect to the server now, try again later....
  9. Microsoft should make their home UI better

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft should make their home UI better: I think that Microsoft should remove MIxer from the home screen and just causes lag and make the Microsoft store page come before the Game Pass page. Also the UI of the Microsoft store is really...
  10. I can't make a new console home.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't make a new console home.: Displays the message :"unable to connect to this service now. Try again later." f03fcb61-15e3-4f62-bc9c-9f1d6708f2f2