xbox one media player and vista

Discus and support xbox one media player and vista in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i am trying to stream a video from my windows vista pc to my xbox one. Is this possible? The media player is recognising my pc but not showing any... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by james bont-04A9BD16-6DCC-4DAE-B385-0B5A33336D7D, Nov 14, 2014.

1. xbox one media player and vista

i am trying to stream a video from my windows vista pc to my xbox one. Is this possible? The media player is recognising my pc but not showing any files to stream. Do i need to set anything up on the pc?

:)

james bont-04A9BD16-6DCC-4DAE-B385-0B5A33336D7D, Nov 14, 2014
  2. blueamcat
    blueamcat Guest
    blueamcat, Nov 14, 2014
  3. xbox360italy
    xbox360italy Guest
    xbox360italy, Nov 14, 2014
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Hey there james bont!

Sorry to hear about the issue! 'Play to' was introduced in Windows 7. Unfortunately Windows Vista does not support 'Play to'. You will need to upgrade your OS to be able to stream to Xbox One, but an alternate route you can go is to put your media onto a
    USB 3.0 drive and plug it into the Xbox One console to play content off of that! xbox one media player and vista :)

Mister Beep, Nov 17, 2014
  5. blueamcat Win User

xbox no longer sees pc

6. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there james bont!

Sorry to hear about the issue! 'Play to' was introduced in Windows 7. Unfortunately Windows Vista does not support 'Play to'. You will need to upgrade your OS to be able to stream to Xbox One, but an alternate route you can go is to put your media onto a
    USB 3.0 drive and plug it into the Xbox One console to play content off of that! :)
  7. xbox360italy Win User

issues with W.Media Player

8. Kyle Hulton Win User

Search Mode for Xbox to find CPU?

The options should be similar In Vista and 7, Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Centre, and it should have a collection of options to do with file sharing and what not, look for something along the lines of windows media sharing or media streaming,
    and again add the media to your windows libraries and/or windows media player 11
  9. Arminator Win User

connecting

I assume you mean the 8 number code the Media Center Application shows you. With that code, you start Media Center on your PC (you will need Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows Vista Home Premium or Ultimate, or Windows 7 Home Premium or better).

In the Media Center application, go to the options and choose to add an Extender. Enter the 8 digit code there.

If you only have a "regular" XP (i.e. not the Media Center Edition) or a Vista Business version, then you can't use the Media Center.
Thema:

1. xbox one media player and vista - Similar Threads - media player vista

2. Need help with media player

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with media player: So i have recently put a new photo on my phone but when i try to see it in media player it is not there and when i delete photos they still show up in media player...
  3. Random Games keep disappearing with need to Reinstall. Also cannot install media player or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Random Games keep disappearing with need to Reinstall. Also cannot install media player or...: About a week ago games started disappearing from my Xbox One, It's so annoying because I'm having to reinstall them all. These are former games with gold games and game pass games. I'm also unable...
  4. Media player app stoped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media player app stoped working: Hi, I downloaded the recommended media player app from the store and everytime I watch any movie, it will stop working after about 20 to 30mins showing an error code and it tells me to close and...
  5. media player functions for organizing

in XboX Insiders
    media player functions for organizing: I wish the media player had a function to organize (add remove delete) your folders/files. And a function to be able to see what files you had already opened for example when I watch videos I...
  6. XBOX 1 MEDIA PLAYER LOST NETWORK STORAGE DRIVE

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 1 MEDIA PLAYER LOST NETWORK STORAGE DRIVE: Hello! For some reason Media Player on my XBOX1 lost my network storage drive. Media Player can see other networked devices and all other networking is functioning properly. I have not changed...
  7. Media Player View

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player View: Is there any way to change the view from thumbnails to a list? On the PS4 you can set the view to a list and it is so much better. I use Universal Media Player on my PC so I have a whole list of...
  8. How do i connect media player to my xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i connect media player to my xbox one?: I have been trying to set up a media player app to my xbox and it does not seem to work. 091349f9-a0a3-4678-8876-57bcd2641500
  9. Media player

in XBoX Accessibility
    Media player: media player on xboxone only shows tiles but wont play f8fc641e-a44b-4fec-abd9-4ebdad9d7d13
  10. Media Player Wont Start

in XboX Insiders
    Media Player Wont Start: [IMG] I had to get a warranty replacement console as my BF5 edition console shit itself. I've been re-downloading all my games and apps but when I try to load Media Player I get the following...