xbox one media player

Discus and support xbox one media player in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; xbox 360 has a media player via usb. xbox one has none,why is this missing. cant watch personal videos , view pictures whats up with that. clearly not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by khigg-B33DD8B0-58A2-486E-B750-C043A1E5B4F9, Mar 18, 2014.

1. xbox one media player

xbox 360 has a media player via usb. xbox one has none,why is this missing. cant watch personal videos , view pictures whats up with that. clearly not the one yet microsoft. btw love titanfall

:)

khigg-B33DD8B0-58A2-486E-B750-C043A1E5B4F9, Mar 18, 2014
  2. Shakey4
    Shakey4 Guest
    NEWS: Dolby Atmos coming to Xbox One & Windows 10

Does anyone know if this will be applied to the media player?
    Would love a simple kodi like solution on the xbox one.

Shakey4, Mar 18, 2014
  3. ncollins
    ncollins Guest
    xbox one hopeless media player

I use a Synology DS214Play with Plex and the XBox One and it plays pretty much everything, the media player on the Xbox is fine with the Plex Library too.

ncollins, Mar 18, 2014
  4. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest

xbox one media player

[quote user="khigg"]cant watch personal videos[/quote]It is unlikely you have any legitimate "personal videos" to be watched. Those you do have can be played via Windows Media Player and Play To, or via one of several other DLNA push apps, or even OneDrive.
    Same thing as the videos.
    Supporting illegitimate media puts MS in the doghouse with content providers?

IceStorm III, Mar 18, 2014
  5. Whyamihomeless Win User

Media Player Unavailable?

I am having the exact same issue. Uninstalled Media Player and now it's unavailable... Very frustrating. Why does Xbox One Media Player feel like a huge step back from Xbox 360 Media Player?
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

How to connect XBOX ONE X to a home NAS?

Hey Michael,

Thanks for your response! If your NAS supports DLNA, the Xbox One will be able to play media using the

"Media Player"
    application. Simply open Media Player, allow it to detect the server on your network, browse your media, and play!

I hope this information helps, thanks again!
  7. Echo4Ent Win User

Problem accessing .mkv videofiles with XBox One S / X when located on Seagate 8 TB GameDrive

8. NonSportsGirl Win User

Xbox One - My Home Theater Device: Perks and Consequences

Windows Media Player already installed in Windows 7 (or a free download if you have the N version). Xbox One Media Player to play that content. You can control all playback functions with Kinect.

Alternatively purchase NAS with built in media server. Use Xbox One's Media Player to playback content. Use Kinect to control playback.

Buy a media remote if you don't have Kinect.

You seem to be adding needlessly complex steps to your media playback.
  9. Malacath Win User

DNLA media Player

So do i and streaming works fine.

I had to allow streaming to xbox one in windows media player then leave windows media player and the media player app on x1 running for a few minutes before it started working.
Thema:

xbox one media player

1. xbox one media player - Similar Threads - media player

2. Media player error 0x80004003 streaming from Network

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Media player error 0x80004003 streaming from Network: Media player error 0x80004003 streaming from Network You can look up Xbox error codes here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/error-code-lookup and it will provide some tech support for the issue....
  3. Media players

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media players: How do i put VLC on my 360 bd6cf0f6-986d-4f9e-b3bc-0014d6dea705
  4. Xbox One - Background Audio (Media Player,VLC,Groove Music)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One - Background Audio (Media Player,VLC,Groove Music): Hey, i'm pretty sure that you know what i (well i guess a lot of player) want. Is there any chance that you let VLC or other great apps play audio files such as songs in the background? Xbox's...
  5. Xbox will not start anything. No apps, not even media player offline.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox will not start anything. No apps, not even media player offline.: Recently, we ran into a payment issue with our internet provider. Ive been trying to use my xbox offline for a couple of days and everytime I try to start an app, it tells me its taking too long...
  6. Media Player

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player: Start media player Find my movie server and open the folder, find the movie thumb nail that I want to watch. This I've done many times, but now I get the error: 0xc00d11cd (0x80004003) Was...
  7. Streaming from Windows Media Player to my Xbox 1 through my network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Streaming from Windows Media Player to my Xbox 1 through my network.: I have been streaming my Music Collection from my PC to my Xbox 1, I have certain folders that do not show up on the xbox. This most recent folder contains MP3's is that whats causing this, or do...
  8. Xbox one media player

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one media player: Hey So prior to yesterday I was able to stream video files from my networked PC to my t.v. via the Xbox one media player. Yesterday and still today, after resetting everything and all that it...
  9. Xbox One Media Player Not Showing Subtitles When Enabled

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Media Player Not Showing Subtitles When Enabled: I have loaded a MKV file with a SRT file, The player plays the file then when I go to enable the SRT file, the subtitles do not show at all. e45a0645-72a6-4b40-98a4-3e33a1d8d940
  10. Media Player with Watch History ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player with Watch History ?: Been using an iPad to watch movies and sync with iTunes which has last played history. I shall be moving to Linux so iTunes is not the best option, also using the Xbox One S to watch movies now so...