Xbox one media remote does not control Volume

Discus and support Xbox one media remote does not control Volume in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just got the media remote and it does not work controlling the volume on my stereo It correctly changes the channels Kinect is setup correctly so when... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by swanlee, Mar 15, 2014.

1. swanlee
    swanlee Guest

Just got the media remote and it does not work controlling the volume on my stereo It correctly changes the channels Kinect is setup correctly so when I do the voice commands to raise or lower the volume it work on my stereo but for some reason the remote
    does nothing when I hit the buttons it does nothing

:)

swanlee, Mar 15, 2014
  2. xbox one media remote control tv volume WITHOUT Kinect ... possible?

No, it's not a universal remote: (www.xbox.com/.../media-remote)

The remote controls TV/receiver power and volume through Kinect, or an IR extender cable (cable not included).

You need Kinect or IR Extenders.

support.xbox.com/.../use-external-ir-with-xbox-one

fireboy92k(2), Mar 15, 2014
  3. SoG Watchman
    SoG Watchman Guest
    Question about upcoming Xbox one remote

From the Microsoft post today about the remote...

"The Media Remote can also control TV/Receiver power and volume through Kinect"

So it look like it does control the Xbox via the infrared receivers on the Kinect.

SoG Watchman, Mar 15, 2014
  4. Zavier M
    Zavier M Guest

I am having the same issue. I can control my volume via voice and smartglass but not the media remote.

Zavier M, Mar 16, 2014
  5. CheckedCoyote64 Win User

HP ENVY 32 monitor & Xbox remote control

Hi there,

is there any chance you will be able to help me control HP envy 32 volume via
    Media Remote
    ?

Thanks!:)
  6. SoG Watchman Win User

Question about upcoming Xbox one remote

From the Microsoft post today about the remote...

"The Media Remote can also control TV/Receiver power and volume through Kinect"

So it look like it does control the Xbox via the infrared receivers on the Kinect.
  7. fireboy92k(2) Win User

xbox one media remote control tv volume WITHOUT Kinect ... possible?

No, it's not a universal remote: (www.xbox.com/.../media-remote)

The remote controls TV/receiver power and volume through Kinect, or an IR extender cable (cable not included).

You need Kinect or IR Extenders.

support.xbox.com/.../use-external-ir-with-xbox-one
  8. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Xbox One does not power on and off my Samsung TV

Hey D9Cyph - does volume up and down (using the media remote or "Xbox volume up") work for your Samsung TV?
  9. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Xbox one media remote volume not working

Hi Kysdad,

I apologize for the inconvenience, from our understanding, our team does still

support
    the Microsoft first party media remotes.

Recently there have been a few posts regarding the Xbox One Media Remote Volume issue. There is another post regarding the same exact issue with Xbox
    One Media Remote Volume Problems

I would recommend taking a look into this thread in case there is anything that may help in the thread.

I hope this helps :)
Thema:

1. Xbox one media remote does not control Volume - Similar Threads - media remote does

2. Xbox media remote

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox media remote: Anyone else think it would be nice if they were to release a new media remote that would utilize a play & charge style battery? I use my media remote quite a bit so I'm constantly going through...
  3. Xbox one talon media remote isn't controlling volume???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one talon media remote isn't controlling volume???: I have a view sonic monitor that i am attempting to use with this remote, I went into device control and synced my xbox one with my monitor and it gave me a remote code, but when i try to change...
  4. Xbox One media remote

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One media remote: So i have a sony tv and a cox cable box. I was able to successfully set up oneguide with the cable box but i now have an issue with the media one remote. I have tried several times to get my xbox...
  5. Xbox One Media Remote does not work with "cd player"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Media Remote does not work with "cd player": My new Xbox One Media Remote works with all apps I've tried so far, but not with your application "Lettore CD" (I assume it's called "cd player" or something like that in english) where the only...
  6. Xbox One does not respond to IR commands from media remote

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One does not respond to IR commands from media remote: My xbox one will not respond to any commands from my Xbox One Media Remote. I have checked and made sure that the remote is in fact sending a signal with another device. I think it's possible my...
  7. XB1 media remote does not channel up/down with comcast

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 media remote does not channel up/down with comcast: As the title says, I'm having an issue with the media remote not changing the channels up and down. I recently had comcast come to my home and setup an HD receiver. I have an LG television from...
  8. Universal media remote (original white one) does not work with new style 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Universal media remote (original white one) does not work with new style 360: purchased the original universal media remote and it does not operate with my 360. The lights on the remote Turn on and the Xbox button brings up the menu but none of the other burns seem to do...
  9. Media Remote Does it have a

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Remote Does it have a: Does the official media remote have a motion sensor(or something similar)that detects when pick it up/move it and turns the lights on the remote on or have I got a defective one with loose wiring?...
  10. Does the new Media Remote fully control your TV/Receiver? (d-pad, select, back)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the new Media Remote fully control your TV/Receiver? (d-pad, select, back): The new remote looks cool, but I can't seem to find the answer to this question. It provides navigation control (d-pad, select, back ) to various console apps. Ideally, it would also use the IR...