Xbox One Media Remote intermittent responding

Discus and support Xbox One Media Remote intermittent responding in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; First hours with my new Xbox One media remote. It worked perfectly for the first few minutes. After a while stop responding. Worked perfectly after... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Spock, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Spock
    Spock Guest

First hours with my new Xbox One media remote. It worked perfectly for the first few minutes. After a while stop responding. Worked perfectly after powering off and on the Xbox one. After a couple of hours working perfectly, stop responding again. Will continue
    testing. Anyone with this issue?

:)

Spock, Mar 14, 2014
  2. SoG Watchman
    SoG Watchman Guest
    SoG Watchman, Mar 14, 2014
  3. does the xbox remote work with the xbox one x

Yes, the
    Xbox One Media remote
    will work with an Xbox One X. I use mine regularly.

Mistress Sara, Mar 14, 2014
  4. SoG Watchman Win User

Question about upcoming Xbox one remote

5. JohnnyDangerX2 Win User

IR Extender or Repeater Question

No, not in the way I need. The Kinect does push IR signal to other devices, but it wont accept a signal from the remote to push to the One. I thought it was at first too, but it is not according to Microsofts XBOX One Media Remote Page. See the "Using
    The Media Remote" here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-one-media-remote-info#a9c721fbfb30407aaf1cfdb82bad46f8
  6. Mistress Sara Win User

does the xbox remote work with the xbox one x

7. Rjcrane Win User

Media Remote and Xbox One

[quote user="chapmanjw85"]Is there anyway to get the Xbox 360 Media Remote to work with the Xbox One?[/quote]

Unfortunately the Xbox 360 remote is not compatible with the Xbox One and at the moment the Microsoft are not planning to change this.

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-one-media-remote-info

[quote user="JBAINOSIDE"]Still any possibility to a new Xbox One media remote that has numbers? The new one has no number pad, so i can't use it to change channels. Still any possibility to a new Xbox One media remote that has numbers? The new one has
    no number pad, so I can't use it to change channels.[/quote]

Microsoft may redesign and release the Xbox One media remote similar to how they did with the Xbox 360 remote in the future but this is just speculation however I believe there are some 3rd party remotes that maybe have the use of a number pad to change
    channel such as Logitech Harmony remote range. I believe the control is designed like this to possible make people use the Kinect features more.
  8. XBF George L Win User

Xbox One media remote

Hello

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums regarding this situation. I understand you're having some issues using your Xbox One Media Remote. Are you able use the remote to go through the menus and settings? Take a look at the information in this article:

About the Xbox One Media Remote
    . Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Xbox One Media Remote intermittent responding - Similar Threads - Media Remote intermittent

2. Xbox media remote no longer working correctly in kodi

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox media remote no longer working correctly in kodi: Since the last update when using the directional buttons on the remote through kodi, the hi-lighted section only moves to the next item if holding the button. It’s as if there is a permanent...
  3. Xbox media remote

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox media remote: Anyone else think it would be nice if they were to release a new media remote that would utilize a play & charge style battery? I use my media remote quite a bit so I'm constantly going through...
  4. Xbox one talon media remote isn't controlling volume???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one talon media remote isn't controlling volume???: I have a view sonic monitor that i am attempting to use with this remote, I went into device control and synced my xbox one with my monitor and it gave me a remote code, but when i try to change...
  5. Xbox One media remote

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One media remote: So i have a sony tv and a cox cable box. I was able to successfully set up oneguide with the cable box but i now have an issue with the media one remote. I have tried several times to get my xbox...
  6. Issue with Talon Media Remote

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Talon Media Remote: Let me start by describing my setup. I have a panasonic tv mounted on a wall in my family room with my receiver and xbox one below my family room in my basement. I have this sewell blaster kit...
  7. Latest Update Caused Xbox One Media Remote (OEM) to Stop Recognizing Volume and Mute Commands

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latest Update Caused Xbox One Media Remote (OEM) to Stop Recognizing Volume and Mute Commands: I am in the Alpha Preview Program for Xbox Live. On 10/16/2018, my Xbox One Media Remote (OEM, manufactured by Microsoft, not 3rd Party) ceased to function for mute and volume up/down. All other...
  8. xbox one media remote

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one media remote: I use an xbox one media remote to access and use apps on my xbox one. The issue i'm having is when i'm inside an app like vudu or netflix, i can't figure out how to exit out of the app to back to...
  9. Xbox one media remote volume not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one media remote volume not working: Hi, i have an xbox media remote from my original Xbox one a i purchased a few years ago. I purchased a Xbox one Scropio edition last year and we cant get the volume to work from the media remote....
  10. Onkyo - TX DS474 intermittent control - auto power off - media remote

in XBoX on Consoles
    Onkyo - TX DS474 intermittent control - auto power off - media remote: My Onkyo TX DS474 is setup to be controlled by my XBOXONE. Auto power on and off is enabled... The Onkyo powers on with the ONE but does not power off. Therefore, requires manual power off after...