Xbox One Media Remote Revealed

Discus and support Xbox One Media Remote Revealed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Apologies if already posted but Microsoft have unveiled they official Xbox One Media remote, presumably for the same function as the 360. It's set for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dynamic Sausage, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Xbox One Media Remote Revealed

Apologies if already posted but Microsoft have unveiled they official Xbox One Media remote, presumably for the same function as the 360. It's set for a March 4th release at $19.99 in North America with regional pricing to be confirmed although it's on Amazon
    UK at £19.99.

IGN LINK

Personally i think it looks pretty nice. A lot sleeker than the old 360 one and I'll probably pick one up as I always use my Xbox for Blu-Rays and Netflix etc.

:)

Dynamic Sausage, Feb 20, 2014
  2. neilhorgan
    neilhorgan Guest
    neilhorgan, Feb 20, 2014
  3. nstokes
    nstokes Guest
    nstokes, Feb 20, 2014
  4. Leo Invictus Win User

xbox one media remote

Hi.

When you are using an app and want to get back to the Xbox home screen with the media remote, tap the Power On/Home button (the big "Xbox" button at the top) to reveal the guide and select "Home."

If you wish to completely close an app, press the Power On/Home button to access the guide, navigate the guide to highlight the app you wish to close, tap the Menu (hamburger) button, and navigate to "Quit" on the context menu.

This support page has more information about the Xbox media remote:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox...-remote-info#064ff1f1d91d461e8939ca2fed2cd717
  5. SoG Watchman Win User

Question about upcoming Xbox one remote

6. JohnnyDangerX2 Win User

IR Extender or Repeater Question

No, not in the way I need. The Kinect does push IR signal to other devices, but it wont accept a signal from the remote to push to the One. I thought it was at first too, but it is not according to Microsofts XBOX One Media Remote Page. See the "Using
    The Media Remote" here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-one-media-remote-info#a9c721fbfb30407aaf1cfdb82bad46f8
  7. Mistress Sara Win User

does the xbox remote work with the xbox one x

8. Rjcrane Win User

Media Remote and Xbox One

[quote user="chapmanjw85"]Is there anyway to get the Xbox 360 Media Remote to work with the Xbox One?[/quote]

Unfortunately the Xbox 360 remote is not compatible with the Xbox One and at the moment the Microsoft are not planning to change this.

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-one-media-remote-info

[quote user="JBAINOSIDE"]Still any possibility to a new Xbox One media remote that has numbers? The new one has no number pad, so i can't use it to change channels. Still any possibility to a new Xbox One media remote that has numbers? The new one has
    no number pad, so I can't use it to change channels.[/quote]

Microsoft may redesign and release the Xbox One media remote similar to how they did with the Xbox 360 remote in the future but this is just speculation however I believe there are some 3rd party remotes that maybe have the use of a number pad to change
    channel such as Logitech Harmony remote range. I believe the control is designed like this to possible make people use the Kinect features more.
Thema:

Xbox One Media Remote Revealed

1. Xbox One Media Remote Revealed - Similar Threads - Media Remote Revealed

2. Media Remote no longer controls TV Volume

in XboX Insiders
    Media Remote no longer controls TV Volume: Xbox One X, Samsung 4K TV, PDP Talon remote. Nothing changed in my settings, and I did go in and remove my TV and re-add it. During the setup, it correctly muted and adjusted the volume of my...
  3. Will the Xbox One media remote work on the Series X?

in XboX Insiders
    Will the Xbox One media remote work on the Series X?: I want to buy one, but am concerned it won't work on the Series X. Has anyone seen anything from Microsoft on this topic? Thanks. submitted by /u/momoneymohoney__ [link] [comments]
  4. Solution for Xbox One Media remote no longer being able to adjust volume. (Power controls...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Solution for Xbox One Media remote no longer being able to adjust volume. (Power controls...: I have an Xbox One X connected to an LG tv who's volume used to be able to be adjusted by an Xbox One Media Remote. It has recently stopped working even though all other functions of the remote...
  5. Media Remote unable to change channels - Xfinity (XG1v4A) cable box, Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Remote unable to change channels - Xfinity (XG1v4A) cable box, Xbox One X: The main problem I am having is that my Media Remote is unable to change channels. If I use the channel up/down button, nothing happens. If I type in a channel #, nothing happens. If I scroll thru...
  6. Issue with Talon Media Remote connection

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with Talon Media Remote connection: Does the Xbox have to be line of sight for the remote to work? I have my Xbox mounted behind my tv, and the reviews I read said it should work. Yet we are getting no response from the remote...
  7. Xbox One Media Remote

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Media Remote: Does the Xbox One Media Remote work with Xbox One S consoles? Thank You Vic d65ddd54-c8d2-4d8b-ab12-f53717aa0c74
  8. XBox One S - PDP - Talon Media Remote, Can't program this receiver

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBox One S - PDP - Talon Media Remote, Can't program this receiver: I recently purchased the PDP - Talon Media Remote for Xbox One. I am loving the thing. If im doing anything aside from gaming, I prefer to navigate using a remote like this. Its great. I'm having...
  9. X BOX UNIVERSAL MEDIA REMOTE

in XBoX Accessibility
    X BOX UNIVERSAL MEDIA REMOTE: GREETING FELLOW GAMERS FROM BEAUTIFUL COLORADO! I HAVE AN XBOX 360 PRO CHROME DOOR AND I RECENTLY PURCHASED THROUGH AMAZON THE XBOX UNIVERSAL REMOTE. HOW DO YOU PROGRAM IT FOR THE LG 3D TV? MODEL...
  10. Xbox official Media remote

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox official Media remote: Hi, is anyone has a problem with volume up not working with Xbox one official media remote? alpha skip ahead ring last update. Thanks submitted by /u/khyaniv [link] [comments]