Xbox One Microsoft Edge change search engine

Discus and support Xbox One Microsoft Edge change search engine in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Why can't we change our default search engine from Bing to Google on the Edge app on Xbox? submitted by /u/wja77754 [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/wja77754, Jul 19, 2019.

1. /u/wja77754
    /u/wja77754 Guest

Why can't we change our default search engine from Bing to Google on the Edge app on Xbox?

submitted by /u/wja77754
    [link] [comments]

/u/wja77754, Jul 19, 2019
  2. DeeVee1 Win User

Xbox- syncing on Microsoft edge or IE possible with a PC?

Hey DeeVee

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently inquiring about being able to sync your Favorites and browsing history onto the Microsoft Edge app on your console.

At this time, there is currently no way to sync your Favorites onto the Microsoft Edge app on your console from other devices.

There is, however a way to see your browsing history, but this works through your Microsoft account, and while in Bing search engine.

This works by selecting the Menu icon on the top right-hand side and selecting
    Search history.

Having this as a option would definitely be an excellent feature and I would suggest using the

Xbox Idea Hub
    so that the engineers that work might include it in the future.

I hope this was of some use to you.
    Hello,

Thanks for the response. I had a few follow-up questions that might clarify my original question.

1) When you say:

"There is, however a way to see your browsing history, but this works through your Microsoft account, and while in Bing search engine." and "This works by selecting the Menu icon on the top right-hand side and selecting Search history."

Are you just referring to the Bing search history in these statements? That is, I am assuming you are referring to the Bing search history and not the actual Microsoft edge search history in any way, is that correct?

2) Thank you for letting me know that there is no way to sync favorites in Microsoft Edge. Assuming you are only referring to "Bing search history" being possible to sync and not the actual Microsoft edge history being possible to sync on Xbox (this being
    what i think you mean in your response and what my first question is meant to clarify), then this would mean there is no way to sync any of the settings with a Microsoft account and xbox in Microsoft edge, or are other settings able to by syncd at all?

3) Lastly, has this inability to sync browsing history, etc., always been the case? Is it possible to sync browsing history for internet explorer instead?
  3. ngocphi Win User

Internet explorer and Netflix not working

Xbox one doesnt use ie

It uses the new engine edge
  4. william mhowlett Win User

MICROSOFT EDGE

when I click on Microsoft edge on my xbox one I don't get a search window, I get goast recon. WHY
  5. BillyLagua Win User

Xbox Live

yes I am, im searching on computer, searching on mobile, microsoft edge, microsoft rewards, daily set for points, xbox rewards app on xbox, daily set on xbox. Thats all
  6. XBF Eladio M Win User

Xbox- syncing on Microsoft edge or IE possible with a PC?

Hey DeeVee

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently inquiring about being able to sync your Favorites and browsing history onto the Microsoft Edge app on your console.

At this time, there is currently no way to sync your Favorites onto the Microsoft Edge app on your console from other devices.

There is, however a way to see your browsing history, but this works through your Microsoft account, and while in Bing search engine.

This works by selecting the Menu icon on the top right-hand side and selecting
    Search history.

Having this as a option would definitely be an excellent feature and I would suggest using the

Xbox Idea Hub
    so that the engineers that work might include it in the future.

I hope this was of some use to you.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Microsoft Edge change search engine - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge change

2. Microsoft Edge Not Loading Pages Correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Edge Not Loading Pages Correctly: I’ve been experiencing a new problem with Microsoft Edge, when trying to load certain pages. After trouble shooting with the help of Xbox support, he determined that it wasn’t my Xbox or anything...
  3. La aplicación MICROSOFT EDGE desapareció.[Translation-The MICROSOFT EDGE app disappeared.]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    La aplicación MICROSOFT EDGE desapareció.[Translation-The MICROSOFT EDGE app disappeared.]: Saludos.... Resulta que encendí hace unos días la Xbox One y apareció una pantalla que decía: YA CASI ESTAS... Cuando terminemos de aplicar la actulización estará todo listo. Una vez la...
  4. Microsoft edge on XBONEX Russian translation occasionally

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft edge on XBONEX Russian translation occasionally: Does anyone know why when I go on the web browser on my Xbox does it translate stuff from English to wierd English Russian hybrid sometimes full Russian submitted by /u/bandit3060 [link]...
  5. Pictures saved from microsoft edge

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pictures saved from microsoft edge: I recently downloaded pictures on my xbox one and have no idea where I am able to access these photos. Seems like having a user friendly option to access the things you save would make sense but...
  6. Microsoft Edge for XBOX 1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Edge for XBOX 1: Is there an Ad-blocker for XB1 and if not, will there be one? The web pages load painfully slow on my console due to the amount of ads. Extremely annoying! :-( I tried everything: clearing cache,...
  7. Microsoft edge bug

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft edge bug: Bonjour tous, J'ai un souci sur ma xbox one. Microsoft edge ne marche pas correctement quand je suis sur un site de streaming il relance aucune vidéo ou s arrête toute les 30s ... la aujourd'hui...
  8. Mouse support on Microsoft Edge Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Mouse support on Microsoft Edge Xbox: I think adding mouse support to microsoft edge on Xbox would make web browsing a whole lot easier and convenient submitted by /u/Manuleko [link] [comments]
  9. Will the Xbox Series X launch with the new Microsoft edge app?

in XboX Insiders
    Will the Xbox Series X launch with the new Microsoft edge app?: The current one has deteriorated over time. Especially trying to go to YouTube. submitted by /u/Osiris-Reflection [link] [comments]
  10. Microsoft edge insider preview is not for me please change it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft edge insider preview is not for me please change it: i need you to change the interface on the Microsoft edge app on my xbox I do not like it. The insider hub made a change do it that I do not like. I need s response back asap so you can change it...