Xbox one needs soft factory reset every time i hard reset

Discus and support Xbox one needs soft factory reset every time i hard reset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So basically the issue began 2 weeks ago when hulu would not start. The xbox said if the issue continued to do a power cycle, did the hard reset but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xBurn0ne, Dec 21, 2020.

1. xBurn0ne
    xBurn0ne Guest

So basically the issue began 2 weeks ago when hulu would not start. The xbox said if the issue continued to do a power cycle, did the hard reset but when it came to the green xbox one screen it never got past that ... at least not for upwards of 20 mins
    when i got mad and restarted again, same thing. Only way to fix it was to remove my accounts (soft factory reset) problem was gone until an update came and then the update got stuck as well, same thing soft factory reset fixed it. Today my friends list wouldn't
    load, i hard reset and get stuck at the green screen again... 3rd soft reset in 2 weeks now just to get the console to function ... its thw older model xbox one but was bought refurbished about a year ago and this is the first and only issue I've encountered.
    I was wondering if i should try a full factory reset or if the issue sounds like something else? I've basically put the full reset off because i wasn't sure it'd even help

:)

xBurn0ne, Dec 21, 2020
  2. oO M0NSTR0US Oo Win User

This is weird ?

Hard reset / soft reset iv done, iv even factory reset the xbox an still nothing.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox One S not reading discs

Hi Ben,

I assume the step you're referring to is on the first link provided about troubleshooting disc reading problems and that is a hard reset and power cycle. If you are having to do it every time now, then I suggest to try a

soft factory reset
    as mentioned above by Nestor. Make sure the criteria is met also as mentioned by Nestor as well.

Try out the factory reset and let us know the results.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Minecraft Bedrock Editon on Xbox One X

Hi there!

If you've tried it on another Xbox with the same account then I suggest to
    soft factory reset
    your Xbox One X. If the game still doesn't work after a factory reset then you would need to re-install the game again. The Xbox Live Services are up and running and I'm not familiar with that specific error message as it might be from
    the game.

Try out the soft factory reset and let us know the results!
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox One X External Hard Drives

Hi there,

I recommend trying a soft factory reset to your Xbox. Make sure that the external hard drives are not plugged in and also that you have your account login information available since you will need to re-add your accounts during the reset setup.

Here is a link to follow:
    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Let us know if this helps!
  6. gigglesfunnyman Win User

External Hard Drives on XBOX ONE: system update causing failure?

Is it a soft hard or factory reset that you are taking about
Thema:

1. Xbox one needs soft factory reset every time i hard reset - Similar Threads - needs soft factory

2. Xbox One - Game Downloads Needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Game Downloads Needed: Do I need to install A game before I can play it? Installing the game defeats the purpose of having a disc. d50d3b22-37f7-4f23-8253-fd2c9543785c
  3. Xbox series X Remote play console needs more authetication

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Remote play console needs more authetication: I'm trying to play my Xbox Series X remotely on my Laptop and I keep getting an error cV: UMy0G4cexfOG276sKuq8o2.8 it says I need more authentication on my console. Don't have a clue what it's...
  4. Do u need to download the whole game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do u need to download the whole game: On every backwards compatible game? I don’t get it why not install the game from the disk My internet sucks and I can’t get no better just to update the so called game ( tomb raider legend ) 12...
  5. Cant play Subnautica because I "need to renew my game pass", but I have never had it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant play Subnautica because I "need to renew my game pass", but I have never had it?: I bought Subnautica because I used to have it on another account, but after the first time I played it I could never play it again because it always says "you need to renew your game pass to play...
  6. Xbox Problem need help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Problem need help: Hey Guys, I need your help the thing is that my xbox account cant be login again on the xbox after reseting it with game and apps and without it it still does not work! The account is still...
  7. “Add on | Doesn’t need to be installed” But why is this happening

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “Add on | Doesn’t need to be installed” But why is this happening: [img] Good afternoon, I’ve recently just bought a Xbox series s and first day I had upgrade the majority of my games so after that I try to play MK and realized some of my characters are...
  8. Already purchased black ops cold war but wont work tells me i need to purchase it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Already purchased black ops cold war but wont work tells me i need to purchase it: Already purchased black ops cold war but wont work tells me i need to purchase it 8b12b89a-3a5c-4109-b53c-a1ebe6482edc
  9. Need help connecting my wired headset to my pc via my xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help connecting my wired headset to my pc via my xbox controller: I am trying to use my wired headset on my pc but have a messed up audio jack so i want it to go through the controller. I have it connected to the pc by a USB and still don't see it pop up...
  10. My Xbox Profile needs unbanning... Now. An open letter to Xbox Enforcement

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox Profile needs unbanning... Now. An open letter to Xbox Enforcement: To the staff Xbox Enforcement. You permanently banned my account, King Solo 02, from going online a month ago for altering Gamerscore (See enforcement case [mod removed]). You gave me a chance to...