Xbox One- Netflix app not opening

Discus and support Xbox One- Netflix app not opening in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I click on the Netflix app, it sits on the loading screen for about 30 seconds, then the app closes and it says "Sorry, looks like our service... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by han.leighh, Feb 9, 2019.

1. han.leighh
    han.leighh Guest

When I click on the Netflix app, it sits on the loading screen for about 30 seconds, then the app closes and it says "Sorry, looks like our service isn't working right now. To check Xbox Live Service Status go to..."

I went to the support page for help but couldn't find anything, so hoping someone here can help me.

I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and it is still not working.

:)

han.leighh, Feb 9, 2019
  2. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart
    the console. If that doesn't work try uninstalling reinstalling the app.
  3. Death Pr0fess0r Win User

Xbox One S HDR Bug

I am having a similar issue on my Xbox One S connected directly to my Samsung JS8500 tv. When I open the netflix app the screen becomes very dim and the screen doesn't return to normal until the app is quit. HDR content looks great using the Netflix app
    on my TV by the way, not dim at all.
  4. FrostedUncle529 Win User

Netflix Error Code nw-1-19

hi,

I'm having some issues to update Netflix app, it didn't open the app.

Amazon instant movie didn't install on xbox one show that has be stopped the process.

I need some advices.

Thanks
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Netflix stutter

Hey StagierBubble83!

Since you mentioned Netflix is the only streaming service that this occurs with, let's start by making sure Netflix is the only app that is open. To ensure this, navigate to the Xbox One Home screen and close any apps that are listed under the primary 'Home'
    tile (the bigger tile with the currently opened app).

To close apps, highlight any of the 4 tiles listed on the Home screen under the primary tile, press the menu button on your Xbox One controller, and select 'Quit'. Alternatively, you can hold the power button until the console has fully powered down, power
    the console back up, and launch Netflix first.

Give both of those methods a shot and let us know how it goes.
  6. Chrisk3249 Win User

Need help with my Netflix app

I'm getting the same here error code nw-2-5, with the netflix server 2 and 3 with X's I have tried everything that both Xbox and netflix asked me to do

Reset the app, del it, reinstall

Reset my internet, tried the port forward codes, turned of my firewall and opened the app and nothing

I even tweeted Xbox and even they have no idea what's wrong, and then they stopped replying -_-

I have searched and searched and found nothing to fix this and its really starting to annoy me, been like this for about 2 month now -_-

I openned Internet explorer on the xbox one signed into netflix on it and got a message saying that ''The Netflix video player requires Activex to be enabled.''

The app is working on my 360 no problem but am currently using the One

If it helps i'm on Bt and using the BT HomeHub 4
Thema:

1. Xbox One- Netflix app not opening - Similar Threads - Netflix app opening

2. youtube and netflix apps wont work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    youtube and netflix apps wont work: 2 days ago the netflix app on my xbox one stopped working all i get is a message saying "sorry looks like our service isn't working right now try later" A day later and now im having the exact...
  3. Netflix app dont work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix app dont work: Hey here is my problem: I'm trying to start Netflix, the presentation starts then the application closes, an alert message appears: Try again soon Sorry, our services are not working properly. To...
  4. sky + netflix app not woking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    sky + netflix app not woking: can anyone help with the apps not launching 55c8ecca-58b4-4379-bd49-b89c5c5ff345
  5. Netflix app not working on console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Netflix app not working on console: Split from this thread. Hey all! Sorry to hear about the Netflix troubles you've been having. There was a known issue, but it should be cleared up now. Are you still experiencing this...
  6. Netflix app crashing Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix app crashing Xbox 360: Hi, I have started the xbox today (December 23rd 2018) and Netflix. It prompted me to install an update. I did. Now launching the app brings a black screen and crashes/freezes the console....
  7. Error while accessing Apps. Tried with Netflix or BBC iPlayer or anything else

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error while accessing Apps. Tried with Netflix or BBC iPlayer or anything else: Hi, My XBOX One console was working absolutely fine until 2 days back. I use XBOX only in the evenings and from a couple of days, it gives the error - "Apologies our service isn't working...
  8. Netflix App not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix App not working: Hey guys, No idea where this should be. But lately I've been running into issues with the Netflix app reporting 'this title is not available at this time'. It happens randomly. It happened again...
  9. Xbox 360 continually disconnects from Xbox Live while using the Netflix app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 continually disconnects from Xbox Live while using the Netflix app: I use my Xbox 360 console as a way to stream Netflix to my tv. When I boot up the xbox, it connects to Live with no issues. I open the Netflix app and am able to log into and view my account...
  10. Netflix and all other apps stopped playing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix and all other apps stopped playing: I was watching Netflix and the xbox shut off and I rebooted it and now every time I try to use an app--Hulu, Netflix, you tube I get the same error "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the...