Xbox One - Network speed drop-off after sleep/power-down

Discus and support Xbox One - Network speed drop-off after sleep/power-down in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a question regarding Xbox One network speed. I have a download speed of roughly 25 Mb/s. When I first connect my Xbox One to my BTHub,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HarryCAReynolds, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Xbox One - Network speed drop-off after sleep/power-down

Hi all,

I have a question regarding Xbox One network speed.

I have a download speed of roughly 25 Mb/s. When I first connect my Xbox One to my BTHub, it runs fine at around this level. However, as soon as my Xbox One is turned off or sleeps, next time I come back to it the network speed has dropped to around 1 Mb/s.
    Restarting the Xbox does not address the issue. Currently my only solution is to forget the network and reconnect, but doing this each time I boot up the Xbox is not ideal.

I don't experience this issue with any other connected devices so believe it is an Xbox One issue.

Kind regards,

Harry

:)

HarryCAReynolds, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Braython2912 Win User

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://support.xbox.com/it-it&ved=2ahUKEwjEi73e4LDkAhUDC-wKHcGWB-cQFjAAegQIBxAD&usg=AOvVaw0DtUiJlm8AYVL9WAjJ3kYN
  3. Mister Maka Win User

My Xbox one will not update games.

Hey there AdmiredNickel32!

Can you share what speeds you're getting on your console under Detailed Network Statistics? Also, if you haven't already given a go, please try a full power cycle by holding down the power button for 8-10 seconds until your Xbox One powers off. Let us know
    how it goes and the network speeds, we're happy to continue helping out :)
  4. taboludo Win User

slow network speed due to xbox one

I've traced down all posibilities till I ended up with the console, even leaving only my Xbox One and my laptop, but as I explained it earlier when I plug the power cord even with the console off the internet speed drop down dramatically, and as soon as
    I unplug it the speed comes back to normal. I know it sounds weird but that is what I'm experencing.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Code erreur [Mod translation-Error code]

Hi pafaimounchier

When doing the power cycle, make sure that you also unplug the power cable. While the Xbox is on, go ahead and do a hard
    reset and power cycle
    to the console. Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds or until it shuts down. Once the Xbox is off, remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 5 minutes. Then re-connect and
    wait 60 seconds before turning on the Xbox. Holding down the power button on the console to force a hard reset and then removing the power cable are both important steps.

if the issue is still occurring after that, then go into your network settings and run the troubleshooting tests for multiplayer and network speeds. Post the results of the network tests here.
  6. Vyx-[xboxvenue] Win User

I am unable to update this game!

The Xbox is always in sleep mode when you turn it off unless you hold the power button on the console for ten seconds to power it down.
Thema:

1. Xbox One - Network speed drop-off after sleep/power-down - Similar Threads - Network speed drop

2. Extremely Slow Game Download Speeds on a Very Fast Network

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Extremely Slow Game Download Speeds on a Very Fast Network: Hi all, For the last couple of months I've been experiencing EXTREMELY slow download speeds. A picture of my Xbox download speed, and my game download speeds is enclosed. I've tried everything...
  3. Xbox one network statistics is very slow comparing to speed test

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one network statistics is very slow comparing to speed test: Hi, My xbox network test getting poor results, specially on download speed (see results below), I have a good and fast internet connection for all my devices but when except xbox network test:...
  4. Xbox One slow networking speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One slow networking speeds: I've been trying to use xbox live for the past couple of weeks, however my wifi connection has been consistently fairly bad. When running a speed test on my xbox (through ookla and the built in...
  5. Lag in games despite really good network speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lag in games despite really good network speeds: I am receiving lag in games which comes in the form of stuttering around every 15-20 seconds within Call of Duty (and other games) in which a group of 3 small orange coloured squares appear on the...
  6. Network speed whole numbers now(no decimal point)

in XboX Insiders
    Network speed whole numbers now(no decimal point): Idk if it's just me in skip ahead. submitted by /u/Tripps117 [link] [comments]
  7. Network Transfer Speeds Broken Again 20th Dec update

in XboX Insiders
    Network Transfer Speeds Broken Again 20th Dec update: 20th dec update has broken Network transfers speeds again. they keep breaking it, this is about the 7th time now. They fix it it's fine for 1 update or 2 or 3 then it's broken again. Stop...
  8. Slowish download speed on games etc, network test shows very fast? More in comments.

in XboX Insiders
    Slowish download speed on games etc, network test shows very fast? More in comments.: [IMG] submitted by /u/ilovmyselfalot [link] [comments]
  9. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Download speed keeps dropping

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Download speed keeps dropping: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Download speed keeps dropping when playing cod my download speed keeps dropping from 3o to 0.65. According to my xbox but if i do a speed test via...
  10. Recent drop in network speeds on Xbox One!!! HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recent drop in network speeds on Xbox One!!! HELP!: Ive recently noticed a major drop off in speeds on my Xbox One. My ISP is Cox and I have had no trouble with my internet in the past, but over the past few weeks I have been struggling with speeds...