Xbox One - Network speed drop-off after sleep/power-down

Discus and support Xbox One - Network speed drop-off after sleep/power-down in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a question regarding Xbox One network speed. I have a download speed of roughly 25 Mb/s. When I first connect my Xbox One to my BTHub,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HarryCAReynolds, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Xbox One - Network speed drop-off after sleep/power-down

Hi all,

I have a question regarding Xbox One network speed.

I have a download speed of roughly 25 Mb/s. When I first connect my Xbox One to my BTHub, it runs fine at around this level. However, as soon as my Xbox One is turned off or sleeps, next time I come back to it the network speed has dropped to around 1 Mb/s.
    Restarting the Xbox does not address the issue. Currently my only solution is to forget the network and reconnect, but doing this each time I boot up the Xbox is not ideal.

I don't experience this issue with any other connected devices so believe it is an Xbox One issue.

Kind regards,

Harry

:)

HarryCAReynolds, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Braython2912 Win User

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://support.xbox.com/it-it&ved=2ahUKEwjEi73e4LDkAhUDC-wKHcGWB-cQFjAAegQIBxAD&usg=AOvVaw0DtUiJlm8AYVL9WAjJ3kYN
  3. Mister Maka Win User

My Xbox one will not update games.

Hey there AdmiredNickel32!

Can you share what speeds you're getting on your console under Detailed Network Statistics? Also, if you haven't already given a go, please try a full power cycle by holding down the power button for 8-10 seconds until your Xbox One powers off. Let us know
    how it goes and the network speeds, we're happy to continue helping out :)
  4. taboludo Win User

slow network speed due to xbox one

I've traced down all posibilities till I ended up with the console, even leaving only my Xbox One and my laptop, but as I explained it earlier when I plug the power cord even with the console off the internet speed drop down dramatically, and as soon as
    I unplug it the speed comes back to normal. I know it sounds weird but that is what I'm experencing.
  5. Vyx-[xboxvenue] Win User

I am unable to update this game!

The Xbox is always in sleep mode when you turn it off unless you hold the power button on the console for ten seconds to power it down.
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Download speed stops

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about the slow network performance. Let's check a few things to narrow this down. Does the issue persist when using both wired or wireless network connections on the console?

Run a
    Detailed Network Statistics
    test on the Xbox One console and please provide the following information.

• Download Speed
    • Upload Speed
    • Latency
    • Packet Loss %
    • Wireless Strength (if applicable)
    • Modem Manufacturer
    • Router Manufacturer (if being used) as well as the model number

Let's then have you try to do a Network power cycle, to see if it helps.

• Start by powering off and unplugging your Modem, Router (if applicable) and Xbox One console.
    • After 60 seconds of the devices being powered off, turn on the power to your Modem and then the Router (if applicable).
    • Wait another 60 seconds for the network equipment to turn on and gain the proper signals from your ISP. Then turn on your Xbox One console.

That information will help us determine the next best steps. Thanks!
Thema:

1. Xbox One - Network speed drop-off after sleep/power-down - Similar Threads - Network speed drop

2. Video apps not working and network speed is good and connected

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Video apps not working and network speed is good and connected: My youtube, hulu and netflix apps are all severely lagging on my xbox360 to the point that i cant use them. I tested my network status and its connected, my internet speed is golden and ive...
  3. Days of no network speed

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Days of no network speed: Days of no network speed How long does this happen for, when it happens? Is it just a few minutes, or hours? The only reason I can think of that the network speed goes down to 0 would be if it's...
  4. Network Speed Tests and your Connection to Xbox Live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Network Speed Tests and your Connection to Xbox Live: I saw this article on Lifehacker and wanted to start a discussion while highlighting speed tests and connections to Xbox Live. The article does a good job of pointing out why you can get wildly...
  5. Xbox One detailed network statistics VS. speed test

Xbox One detailed network statistics VS. speed test: Xbox One detailed network statistics VS. speed test Hello AlexisCRemy, Thank you for keeping us updated. There is always WiFi degradation when connecting to your network wirelessly. The amount of...
  6. Apps have very low network speed but not network settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Apps have very low network speed but not network settings: I have started using xbox 360 after a long gap. I connected and connections went well . In network settings, it shows the internet signal strength as around 7 mbps. However, when i open internet...
  7. : slow network speed due to xbox one

: slow network speed due to xbox one: : slow network speed due to xbox one Hey there taboludo! Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue trying to maintain a good connection to your network. I would say that port forwarding...
  8. network download speed

network download speed: network download speed Wireless connection will give you a slower connection speed then using a wired connection. c7e4c3cb-0864-463a-a882-df1f569d098f
  9. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Download speed keeps dropping

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Download speed keeps dropping: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Download speed keeps dropping when playing cod my download speed keeps dropping from 3o to 0.65. According to my xbox but if i do a speed test via...
  10. Recent drop in network speeds on Xbox One!!! HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recent drop in network speeds on Xbox One!!! HELP!: Ive recently noticed a major drop off in speeds on my Xbox One. My ISP is Cox and I have had no trouble with my internet in the past, but over the past few weeks I have been struggling with speeds...