Xbox One - Network speed drop-off after sleep/power-down

Discus and support Xbox One - Network speed drop-off after sleep/power-down in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a question regarding Xbox One network speed. I have a download speed of roughly 25 Mb/s. When I first connect my Xbox One to my BTHub,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HarryCAReynolds, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Xbox One - Network speed drop-off after sleep/power-down

Hi all,

I have a question regarding Xbox One network speed.

I have a download speed of roughly 25 Mb/s. When I first connect my Xbox One to my BTHub, it runs fine at around this level. However, as soon as my Xbox One is turned off or sleeps, next time I come back to it the network speed has dropped to around 1 Mb/s.
    Restarting the Xbox does not address the issue. Currently my only solution is to forget the network and reconnect, but doing this each time I boot up the Xbox is not ideal.

I don't experience this issue with any other connected devices so believe it is an Xbox One issue.

Kind regards,

Harry

:)

HarryCAReynolds, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Braython2912 Win User

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://support.xbox.com/it-it&ved=2ahUKEwjEi73e4LDkAhUDC-wKHcGWB-cQFjAAegQIBxAD&usg=AOvVaw0DtUiJlm8AYVL9WAjJ3kYN
  3. Mister Maka Win User

My Xbox one will not update games.

Hey there AdmiredNickel32!

Can you share what speeds you're getting on your console under Detailed Network Statistics? Also, if you haven't already given a go, please try a full power cycle by holding down the power button for 8-10 seconds until your Xbox One powers off. Let us know
    how it goes and the network speeds, we're happy to continue helping out :)
  4. taboludo Win User

slow network speed due to xbox one

I've traced down all posibilities till I ended up with the console, even leaving only my Xbox One and my laptop, but as I explained it earlier when I plug the power cord even with the console off the internet speed drop down dramatically, and as soon as
    I unplug it the speed comes back to normal. I know it sounds weird but that is what I'm experencing.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Code erreur [Mod translation-Error code]

Hi pafaimounchier

When doing the power cycle, make sure that you also unplug the power cable. While the Xbox is on, go ahead and do a hard
    reset and power cycle
    to the console. Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds or until it shuts down. Once the Xbox is off, remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 5 minutes. Then re-connect and
    wait 60 seconds before turning on the Xbox. Holding down the power button on the console to force a hard reset and then removing the power cable are both important steps.

if the issue is still occurring after that, then go into your network settings and run the troubleshooting tests for multiplayer and network speeds. Post the results of the network tests here.
  6. Vyx-[xboxvenue] Win User

I am unable to update this game!

The Xbox is always in sleep mode when you turn it off unless you hold the power button on the console for ten seconds to power it down.
Thema:

1. Xbox One - Network speed drop-off after sleep/power-down - Similar Threads - Network speed drop

2. Networking issues with cable. Slow internet speed

in XboX Insiders
    Networking issues with cable. Slow internet speed: I bought an 8.2 rated networking cable and my ethernet speeds are slower than WiFi. I have a 480/23mbps (overhead) speed and I get 160-180mbps on WiFi and 90-150mbps on ethernet. Is there an issue...
  3. Xbox Series X internet speeds - The Xbox browser says full speeds but Xbox OS network test...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X internet speeds - The Xbox browser says full speeds but Xbox OS network test...: The internet speeds in the Xbox settings test are very slow, particularly the upload speeds. However, the speeds for the ookla test in the XBOX Edge browser state the same speeds as my other...
  4. Xbox(s) download speed much slower then any other device on network?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox(s) download speed much slower then any other device on network?: Not sure if this is the right place for this but I have asking every other place I can think of already. My internet downloads at a consistent 25 mb/s on every device in my home except the two...
  5. Xbox Series X Wired Network Speed

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox Series X Wired Network Speed: Xbox Series X Wired Network Speed Is anyone else getting slow network speed when wired and wifi? Currently, when I'm wired I'm only getting 145Mbps down and 6Mbps up with a 21% packet loss an 56ms...
  6. : Xbox one series x network speed.

: Xbox one series x network speed.: : Xbox one series x network speed. I don't think thats it, my phone hotspot works fine but my home wifi keeps dropping on only the xbox 882e59b4-83d9-4fcc-ac48-ccea83324858
  7. Xbox One Slow Networking Speeds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Slow Networking Speeds.: So I have had my Xbox One for coming up to 5 years and I have had no problems what-so-ever. However all of a sudden, my download, upload and general speed on my Xbox has been terrible. All around...
  8. Actual download speed versus network test shown speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Actual download speed versus network test shown speed: [img] [img] So geres my problem! Attached photos were literally taken both while updating a game. Im just not seeing why an update is lagging so far behind on downlod speed when my diagnostics...
  9. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Download speed keeps dropping

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Download speed keeps dropping: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Download speed keeps dropping when playing cod my download speed keeps dropping from 3o to 0.65. According to my xbox but if i do a speed test via...
  10. Recent drop in network speeds on Xbox One!!! HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recent drop in network speeds on Xbox One!!! HELP!: Ive recently noticed a major drop off in speeds on my Xbox One. My ISP is Cox and I have had no trouble with my internet in the past, but over the past few weeks I have been struggling with speeds...