Xbox One no signal through HDMI

Discus and support Xbox One no signal through HDMI in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought the Xbox One maybe four months ago, and it has been working perfectly until one day, I went to turn it on and my TV wasn't reading the signal... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AnimeRocker16, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Xbox One no signal through HDMI

I bought the Xbox One maybe four months ago, and it has been working perfectly until one day, I went to turn it on and my TV wasn't reading the signal (I checked and yes it was on the right input). I have tried different HDMI ports on the TV, I have tried
    a different HDMI cable, I even tried it on several different TVs and it still wouldn't pick up signal. The xbox turns on just fine, I can hear it boot up and the kennect will turn on, it just won't register on the TV.

So, I talked with a rep and they told me to send it in. I did, and about a week later they sent it back with a note saying 'we did extensive troubleshooting and found nothing wrong with your system'. Of course, I tried it on my TV again and still having
    the same problem so then I took it to the Microsoft store and when they plugged it into their TV, it worked perfectly (they used all their own cords though), confirming what the letter had said. When I took it back home, still not working for me. Obviously,
    it works just fine but there it something I'm missing. Can anyone tell me what's going on?

:)

AnimeRocker16, Aug 31, 2014
  2. problem streaming cable TV through xbox one

I had no issues with streaming cable TV through my new xbox one (HDMI cable from cable box into xbox one), then suddenly it no longer picked up the cable TV signal. I know the cable TV signal is fine since I can re-route the HDMI through my receiver and
    pick up the TV signal fine. Is it possible that the xbox HDMI jack has failed? Or some other reason that it would suddenly stop picking up the cable TV signal?

robertwr-BBA53B3F-11F7-4599-AE5F-C3E94649A1D1, Aug 31, 2014
  3. No signal through HDMI?

Hey there Toxic! Just to be clear, when you ran the reset (Y + RT), you reset the console and as it was starting up, pressed and held the two buttons until the console fully started up, correct?

When you plug it in with the component cables, can you go in and change the settings at that time, then hook up the HDMI cable and try again?

Lastly, are you certain you are using the proper inputs on your TV and have your TV set to the proper settings? Let us know, thanks!

Mister Gwyther, Aug 31, 2014
  4. proneto911
    proneto911 Guest

What kind of device are you using to get cable? Might be the box that your getting the signal from. If its the DVR unit then watch all of the recordings and get a replacement since the Xbox does in fact work and you have seen it work.

proneto911, Aug 31, 2014
  5. ShadowChaser36 Win User

HDMI Pass Through

People have the misconception of HDMI pass through. All this means is that the HDMI signal from your cable box is "passed through" the Xbox one. If your Xbox isn't on, it won't be able to pass the signal through.
  6. Blind Tealus Win User

Do I need to turn my Xbox One on to use Cable box?

Yes, Xbox one does not do a passive pass-through. It must be on to pass through the HDMI signals.
  7. proneto911 Win User

What kind of device are you using to get cable? Might be the box that your getting the signal from. If its the DVR unit then watch all of the recordings and get a replacement since the Xbox does in fact work and you have seen it work.
  8. Jimballz Win User

No signal through HDMI?

Bump? I still dont have any signal and nothing has changed... Can anybody help??
  9. Jimballz Win User

No signal through HDMI?

1) yes I have ran the full reset to no avail. 2) I've changed every possible thing able to be changed whilst the component cables are hooked up. However being that it is ran through a component, the HDtv settings are not available. 3) I have factory reset
    my tv to make sure the settings are correct, and have tried every HDMI input on my tv.
Thema:

1. Xbox One no signal through HDMI - Similar Threads - signal through HDMI

2. Xbox does not give signal on monitors only on TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox does not give signal on monitors only on TV: I want to know why the Xbox does not give me a signal when I connect it to a monitor (PC) by HDMI or VGA, but when I connect it to TV if it works for me 90e85ac2-3220-4db3-93a9-aa3065174820
  3. Xbox one x no signal

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x no signal: My xbox one x has no signal to my tv I checked everything hdmi cables from tv to xbox yes it's in the right port I'm not stupid it womt reset and when it's on turns of shortly after I am extremely...
  4. WHY DOES MY TV KEEP SAYING NO SIGNAL!

in XBoX on Consoles
    WHY DOES MY TV KEEP SAYING NO SIGNAL!: My Xbox One S keeps showing no signal when it’s clearly plugged in. Nothing’s wrong with the xbox it works perfectly fine. But it did drop off of my desk which was not a bad fall since my desk is...
  5. My Xbox does not send an HDMI signal

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox does not send an HDMI signal: My Xbox does not send an HDMI signal and does not turn off by the console button 64b043ba-3e01-4975-9bbc-ade37cdd5c1d
  6. Videotron Is blocking signal passed through Xbox One console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Videotron Is blocking signal passed through Xbox One console?: I have attempted to connect the output of my cable decoder to the HDMI input of my Xbox One, wanting to switch between watching television and playing games out of the Xbox One. The problem is...
  7. No signal through HDMI cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    No signal through HDMI cable: A few days ago I removed the HDMI cable for my Xbox 360 S from my home cinema system so that I could plug my Chromecast in. When I had finished I replaced the xbox 360 cable exactly as it was...
  8. DirecTv 4k signal not passing through Xbox One S.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DirecTv 4k signal not passing through Xbox One S.: It appears that the One S does not support 4k signal in from DirecTv 4k boxes. I initially thought it might be my receiver, which I am sure it isn't, but just to make sure, I hooked the Xbox...
  9. Xbox One isn't sending a video signal through HDMI cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One isn't sending a video signal through HDMI cable: This is the first time that this is happened to me, but apparently it's not a new issue. I have three Black Platinum Monster HDMI cables, none of them work, my $4,500 TV that I bought 3 months ago...
  10. Radio signal coming in through mic input

in XBoX on Consoles
    Radio signal coming in through mic input: Whenever I have my controller plugged into my XB1, other people can hear a random news radio station through my wired headset. If I hit mute, it goes away. If I unplug my controller and use it...