XBOX One not changing channels on CISCO RNG150, able to turn off TV

Discus and support XBOX One not changing channels on CISCO RNG150, able to turn off TV in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all maybe some one here has an answer. I have had my Xbox one for 1.5 weeks. I have Comcast as a ISP. I have tried a lot of things off the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by crownMELBOURNE, Nov 12, 2014.

1. XBOX One not changing channels on CISCO RNG150, able to turn off TV

Hello all maybe some one here has an answer. I have had my Xbox one for 1.5 weeks. I have Comcast as a ISP. I have tried a lot of things off the internet but still no luck changing channels. i have the Cisco RNG150N box i also do not have the connect attachment
    yet. Do i need it to change channels with the joystick?. When i click on the channel from the guid it just sits on the channels i was on before. Can some one help me please.

Thanks

Matt

:)

crownMELBOURNE, Nov 12, 2014
  2. XBOX One not changing channels on CISCO RNG150, able to turn off TV

An IR extension cable is one option. You could also try repositioning your devices (STB or Kinect) so the IR can best bounce off you and your furniture and get back to your devices. Move them closer to the edge of any ledges they are on, things like that.

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Nov 12, 2014
  3. XBOX One not changing channels on CISCO RNG150, able to turn off TV

I am unable to control the CISCO RNG150 box from Comcast, I am able to power off the TV a 50 inch Vizio

Bill Diedrichsen, Nov 12, 2014
  4. Bill Diedrichsen Win User

The CISCO RNG150 and RNG150N both worked with the Kinect pointed at it.

Should I get the IR Extender?
  5. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Hi Bill,

Have you gone through setup automatic detection with Brand=Comcast?
  6. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

An IR extension cable is one option. You could also try repositioning your devices (STB or Kinect) so the IR can best bounce off you and your furniture and get back to your devices. Move them closer to the edge of any ledges they are on, things like that.
  7. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

OK, thanks. A few more questions:

1) Can you try manually entering the model as Cisco RNG150N or Comcast RNG150N? Does that help?

2) Are you sure that the IR from the Kinect can reach your cable box? Does device detection work any better if you hold the Kinect about 5 feet from the STB, facing it?
  8. Vund Win User

Channels Not Coming in HD

My cable box, Cisco RNG150, had the HDMI/YPbPr Output set to Pass Thru and I wasn't able to change the setting for it until I went pressed Reset HD Settings. This switched HDMI/YPbPr to 1080i. Now I get all of the channels I've said above in HD! (Except
    for History and Animal Planet, weird.)
Thema:

1. XBOX One not changing channels on CISCO RNG150, able to turn off TV - Similar Threads - changing channels CISCO

2. Blair Witch glitch: Can not change channel on walkie talkie to channel 2.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blair Witch glitch: Can not change channel on walkie talkie to channel 2.: I have repeatedly tried pressing the dpad to no avail!! I Really want to play this game. Please can anyone help me get unstuck?????PLEASE....... 86e54e28-bd1f-4495-8220-a242625ee023
  3. OneGuide changes aspect ratio when changing channels

in XBoX on Consoles
    OneGuide changes aspect ratio when changing channels: Just got my Xbox One X back from service for the black screen of death. All is good except one thing: The aspect ratio gets zoomed in after changing channels in OneGuide When the system boots up...
  4. One Guide Unable to Change Channels

in XBoX Accessibility
    One Guide Unable to Change Channels: I have a DirecTV wireless genie mini 4k (C61W-400) connected to my original Xbox One via HDMI. I also have a Kinect. I am unable to use OneGuide to change the channels, either through voice,...
  5. Cisco Cisco DPC3939: Change Wireless Channel

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Cisco Cisco DPC3939: Change Wireless Channel: Cisco (Modems/Gateways) Cisco DPC3939: Change Wireless Channel Cisco DPC3939 Login Information: Default Gateway – 10.0.0.1 Username – admin Password – password Change Wireless Channel...
  6. Xbox won’t change channels through controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox won’t change channels through controller: Recently set up One Guide on Xbox One and it loads all my channels fine and let’s me look at them on guide, but will not let me change channel with controller. Only the cable box remote. Any...
  7. VOD Menu on biz when channel change w/oneguide

in XBoX Games and Apps
    VOD Menu on biz when channel change w/oneguide: When I change the channel with one guide on my Xbox through my cable box it changes the channel but it also brings up an on-demand menu for that channel making me have to either channel up or...
  8. IR Cable not enough to change channels on OneGuide

in XBoX Games and Apps
    IR Cable not enough to change channels on OneGuide: Well, we've seen this before, but I haven't seen a perfect match for my situation, so I figured I'd ask. So, my goal is to control my tv and cable with the Xbox One S. I did all I needed to set...
  9. Kinect Not Changing Channels

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect Not Changing Channels: Xbox Kinect hears my voice when I say " Xbox Watch CNN" I see microphone icon hearing my voice but it doesn't change the channel . Tried rebooting the xbox and recalibrating Kinect same issues ....
  10. Can't change channels one OneGuide using Cisco DTA170HD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't change channels one OneGuide using Cisco DTA170HD: Can't change channels using Cisco DTA170HD from TWC using IR Extension/ No Kinect available. TV not compatible with Xbox One HiSense 40H5B. 334467c1-71cc-4d7b-a557-de8cdb83615c