Xbox one - not enough storage space

Discus and support Xbox one - not enough storage space in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We are trying to update a game on our Xbox one and it says that there's not enough space. It says we have 194.6GB free and we need 538.4MB, so there... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SheilaRae, Sep 25, 2019.

1. SheilaRae
    SheilaRae Guest

We are trying to update a game on our Xbox one and it says that there's not enough space. It says we have 194.6GB free and we need 538.4MB, so there should be enough!

We've tried rebooting by holding the power button on the console, we've tried clearing persistent storage in bluray/DVD and we've tried clearing locally saved games. Nothing works - we still get the same message.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

:)

SheilaRae, Sep 25, 2019
  2. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

This is the same with me, can only download after I delete some screenshot or video, even having more than enough space
  3. Biggshow Win User

If you currently have an external HD you will have to remove items from the Xbox HD. I had to find this out by trail and error. Apparently the updates need to be applied and installed within the Xbox HD. So by removing a game or files that are within the
    Xbox HD should be the fix.(Unless you do not have one connected. In that case you may have to look into another fix.)
  4. Biggshow Win User

Maybe the redownload of the game will fix it. Could have been a corrupted file and may have fixed the problem. Keep us up to date.
  5. Biggshow Win User

"PC players will have approximately 20GB to work with after installing the update while Xbox One users will see the biggest change as the file size is
    reduced by nearly 35GB. Rainbow Six Siege's Operation Burnt Horizon update is now live across all platforms with some of the most significant changes seen here."

It should be no where near 195GB
  6. SheilaRae Win User

Thanks. We don't have an external HD,
Thema:

1. Xbox one - not enough storage space - Similar Threads - enough storage space

2. Not enough storage space

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not enough storage space: I'm trying to update my 360 and when I go to update it says that I don't have enough storage space. However I have 12 gb free so what is the problem. I don't have an internal hard drive. I got my...
  3. Not enough storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not enough storage: my friend has 2.3 TBs of free space on his Xbox. He has tried to update rainbow six siege which is only a few gigabytes. He receives the message he doesn't have enough storage....
  4. Cloud storage not available (but I have enough space)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud storage not available (but I have enough space): I have a gold membership for Xbox live and I have an Xbox 360. I am trying to enable my cloud storage but it is saying "sorry, cloud storage isn't available to everyone yet. For more info, go to...
  5. Why has my Xbox 360 not got enough storage space

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my Xbox 360 not got enough storage space: i have a 250gb Xbox 360 S here which says it only has 3gb, what's up with that? 2a6b3b46-472e-44d3-b3a8-b0d3204c99b7
  6. Skyrim update says I don't have enough storage space, but I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skyrim update says I don't have enough storage space, but I do: I'm receiving error 0x81c201c3 when I attempt an update of the remastered Skyrim, and then persistent errors telling me that I need 6.0 gb more space to install the upddate. The issue is that I...
  7. Skyrim update says I don't have enough storage space, but I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skyrim update says I don't have enough storage space, but I do: I'm receiving error 0x81c201c3 when I attempt an update of the remastered Skyrim, and then persistent errors telling me that I need 6.0 gb more space to install the upddate. The issue is that I...
  8. "There is not enough space on this storage device" in a HDD with 210GB of free ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    "There is not enough space on this storage device" in a HDD with 210GB of free ...: I've purchased "Borderlands" from Xbox marketplace but the game isn't downloading. I have an official xbox 360 HDD (250GB) installed in the console with enough free space to download this game...
  9. Formatted Hard Drive, 101GB free. Says there is not enough storage for 109MB update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Formatted Hard Drive, 101GB free. Says there is not enough storage for 109MB update: I have been playing on a refurbished xbox 360. I just got an ethernet cord to connect it to xbox live. When I go to Xbox live this message appears: A system update is available from Xbox live. If...
  10. PLEASE HELP: NOT ENOUGH STORAGE!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    PLEASE HELP: NOT ENOUGH STORAGE!!: So I try downloading The Evil Within: The Assignment (1.5GB) onto my SD mini device, which has 232GB available. I've got a cable, plugged it in, and formatted it, but every time I try to download...