Xbox one not getting enough power

Discus and support Xbox one not getting enough power in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello im expeirianced with electronics and sort of know the cause of this issue but here’s my description of the issue. Whenever my xbox one power... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LowercaseBow, Aug 27, 2019.

1. LowercaseBow
    LowercaseBow Guest

Hello im expeirianced with electronics and sort of know the cause of this issue but here’s my description of the issue. Whenever my xbox one power supply has been unplugged for a long time my xbox wont turn on and heres my expeirianced discription when
    i unplug both ends of the power supply which is the xbox and main cord and wait 10 seconds then plug the main cord back in the orange light glows properly but when i connect it to my xbox one the power supply flickers and the xbox wont turn on. Heres my expeirianced
    hypothesis what i beleve could be the main issue is that the orange light flickering when connected to the console is due to the power supply not getting enough power which could cause the light to flicking due to lack of power and the xbox not turning on
    due to that to. What i think the main culprit Is that the power supply either has faulty wiring or the fuse a partialy blown. Now i cant just get microsoft to repair ir because the warranty is way over due and i bought it from eb games the australian and New
    Zealand gamestop it was a preowned console which may explain a few things but the way that i usualy try to fix it is unplugging the power supply from the power and the xbox then plugging it back into the power then plugging it back into the xbox and when that
    doesn’t work i try again but when that doesn’t work i disconnect it from the power and turn the power off completely via the plug and sometime the xbox will turn on for a second and make a distorted start up sound but that usualy means im close to fixing it
    so i turn the switch of again and see if that works. Sorry for the bad grammer and spelling and punctuation the auto correct won’t pick up on the mistakes. Also i forgot to mention my attempts arent working anymore it wont turn on i also forgot to mention
    that ive tried the guide on fixing the problem but it didnt help.

:)

LowercaseBow, Aug 27, 2019
  2. LowercaseBow Win User

Ive tried the guide and plugging it into the wall
  3. Ricardo Cintra Win User

4. Zero420override Win User

I had this exact same issue and after freaking out and thinking it was my console, it actually turned out to be the "cord and brick" external power supply. I went to my local electronic game store and purchased a refurbished used "brick" brought it home
    plugged it into the outlet then into my Xbox and it worked no problem. Once again I had literally every issue you described so I hope this helps.
  5. LowercaseBow Win User

Where did you buy the refurbished power brick from
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Just a thought but you'll notice in this Support page about power supply it advises to plug directly into the wall socket and/or not to
    overload the AC circuit with too many devices. This overload can happen if you are using a power board which drops power output to the console or is faulty.
Thema:

1. Xbox one not getting enough power - Similar Threads - getting enough power

2. get me a real fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    get me a real fix: I have an xbox one s, it's worked fine since I bought it. took a short break, so I came back and it had an update. I let it update, fired up borderlands 3 and it crashed, tried restarting,...
  3. I am trying to connect to minecraft pocket edition and the IOS xbox app but i keep getting...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am trying to connect to minecraft pocket edition and the IOS xbox app but i keep getting...: This is the message. Translated to english it says "We are sorry, an error has occured. Try again in xbox.com but still doesnt work [img] f9a52549-6e90-42d5-a0c0-2de5866d02f5
  4. No payment option available when trying to get a xbox 360 game via Gold live for xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No payment option available when trying to get a xbox 360 game via Gold live for xbox one: Hey there! I've been trying to get " Tekken tag tournament 2", since it's free on gold now. Thing is, after I select it and click see price, then I click continue, there are no payment options...
  5. Star Club Boredom: Can't Get Enough Stars

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Star Club Boredom: Can't Get Enough Stars: Hello, I only want to play Klondike and Tripeaks. With those limitations, stars are not accumulating. The game is very repetitive; are there any new collections available?...
  6. is xbox getting hacked again like at xmas twice in 2 days not good enough

in XBoX on Consoles
    is xbox getting hacked again like at xmas twice in 2 days not good enough: so my xbox one is on its way to germany to get fixed for the 3rd time so i go to my 360 and find i cant play black ops 2 online many to be fixed so i go to my 360 and find i can't play black ops...
  7. Getting enough exercise?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting enough exercise?: So, early this morning I turned on my Xbox One console and noticed that Xbox Fitness had an update. Now, for the record, I don't usually use this app, but because I saw the update, I decided to...
  8. Im getting so many hate messages on XBL, forums, etc and don't have enough money to change ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im getting so many hate messages on XBL, forums, etc and don't have enough money to change ...: I need to change gamertag but don't have the money fd82b7ec-3b40-4f94-a36c-011e2a7fc108
  9. Is there any kind enough to get me in the xbox one betas?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any kind enough to get me in the xbox one betas?: Hi everyone, Just wondered if there was any kind person or there that could get me in the betas? Thanks. Marky Mark uk fdbecdf6-5511-44a5-b40e-168060ebcc05
  10. Im getting so many hate messages on XBL, forums, etc and dont have enough money to change my ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im getting so many hate messages on XBL, forums, etc and dont have enough money to change my ...: Please I need help so many people keep filing complaints about my gamertag can please help me replace it with something better 2850f79d-eed0-4e19-8324-6b64e7288f7b