Xbox One not powering on after power went out in home

Discus and support Xbox One not powering on after power went out in home in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; There was a storm in my area and the power went out and then turned back on within a few seconds, but now my Xbox One will not turn on even if I go... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TDB1726, Jun 5, 2014.

1. TDB1726
    TDB1726 Guest

There was a storm in my area and the power went out and then turned back on within a few seconds, but now my Xbox One will not turn on even if I go directly to the console and tap the power button. Is my Xbox One fried? How do I fix it?

:)

TDB1726, Jun 5, 2014
  2. BassProCM
    BassProCM Guest
    Power On / Power Off IR Commands

This is a feature request for the Xbox One team.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Setup the Xbox One to send Power commands to TV, Receiver, and Cable Box (when powering on and powering off the console).
    2. Either Power On or Power Off the console.
    Expected Results:

The Xbox One sends a discrete Power On or Power Off (depending on whether powering on or powering off the console) IR command for each device.

This ensures that if the devices are powered off, the Xbox One will not turn the devices on while powering off (or vice versa).

Actual Results:

The Xbox One sends a single power toggle command for both powering on and powering off to each of the devices. This is sent even if the devices support discrete power on and power off commands.

This results in unexpected behavior. For instance, when a universal remote such a Logitech Harmony turns all devices off, and the Xbox One will send a toggle power command to each device, immediately turning the devices back on just after they were turned
    off. This occurs in an opposite manner when turning each device on and then the Xbox One (the xbox will send power toggle commands and turn all the devices off just after they were turned on).

BassProCM, Jun 5, 2014
  3. Cozza1985
    Cozza1985 Guest
    Xbox One Wont Start

I had this same problem on launch day, but after 20 minutes of pressing the power on button it sparked into life. Didn't have any problems until last Friday coming home after a couple of days away for Xmas. I had turned my xbox one off at the wall & tried
    to power on & it just wouldn't power on.

Got an advanced replacement last week & it powered on fine. So you will need to get your xbox one replaced. I'm using the same power brick too, so it's an issue with the console powering on & not the power brick.

Cozza1985, Jun 5, 2014
  4. Xbox One not powering on after power went out in home

You need to run through the steps shown at this link to determine whether your Xbox is fried:

support.xbox.com/.../console-wont-power-on

If the light on the power supply is flashing orange or not lighting up, more than likely you'll just need a new power supply. Also try using a different power socket, especially if you use a surge protector.

Skeeter Quill, Jun 5, 2014
  5. Skeeter Quill Win User

You need to run through the steps shown at this link to determine whether your Xbox is fried:

support.xbox.com/.../console-wont-power-on

If the light on the power supply is flashing orange or not lighting up, more than likely you'll just need a new power supply. Also try using a different power socket, especially if you use a surge protector.
  6. Mister Maka Win User

Why won't my Xbox work

Hey there bob!~

When you get a chance, please give your Xbox One a full power cycle by holding down the power button for 8-10 seconds and then give it another try.

If you're still seeing issues on your home screen after a power cycle, keep us updated so that we can keep helping out :)
  7. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Home button not working

Hi, when you press and hold the power button and the Xbox has powered off be sure to then pull the power cord out of the back of the Xbox and leave it out for a couple of minutes, reconnect the power cord and power the Xbox on using the power button on
    the Xbox and give your home button another try.
  8. x24hrs2livex Win User

Game installation

I mean the power went out. As in not on for a few minutes. Then itcame back on. The console was on and downloading DR3. After the power came back on it kept downloading and has been running fine
  9. Cozza1985 Win User

Xbox One Wont Start

I had this same problem on launch day, but after 20 minutes of pressing the power on button it sparked into life. Didn't have any problems until last Friday coming home after a couple of days away for Xmas. I had turned my xbox one off at the wall & tried
    to power on & it just wouldn't power on.

Got an advanced replacement last week & it powered on fine. So you will need to get your xbox one replaced. I'm using the same power brick too, so it's an issue with the console powering on & not the power brick.
Thema:

1. Xbox One not powering on after power went out in home - Similar Threads - powering power went

2. Console powers, attempts to cycle, shuts down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console powers, attempts to cycle, shuts down: On Wednesday I got error msgs when attempting to open several games. I retried & they played okay. On Thursday my console began refusing to boot. The power button lights, the console powers, Hard...
  3. About the power cable of the Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    About the power cable of the Xbox One X: [img] I have an US version Xbox One X and I know that this console can stand 220v. But I find the word ‘110v’ on the plug of the power cable which comes with the console. So what is the meaning...
  4. original xbox one power supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    original xbox one power supply: i need an original xbox one power supply. where can I buy? f8fb341f-5fe9-467d-8547-569117644c87
  5. Cisco Cisco DPC3939: My power went out now my Xbox won’t connect to server

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Cisco Cisco DPC3939: My power went out now my Xbox won’t connect to server: Cisco (Modems/Gateways) Cisco DPC3939: My power went out now my Xbox won’t connect to server please help my power went out in my neighborhood for about an hour and now I can’t connect my Xbox to...
  6. power supply went pop Replacement?

in XBoX on Consoles
    power supply went pop Replacement?: so today after a update and playing games my psu went pop and smelt like buring. now it wont light up and I need a replacement. support sent me here so just wondering what to do....
  7. Xbox One being VERY slow after my power randomly went out PLEASE HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One being VERY slow after my power randomly went out PLEASE HELP: It was raining hard and my power randomly went out while I was playing my Xbox. When the power came back, my power brick wouldn't turn on. I unplugged it and waited for about 5 minutes and plugged...
  8. Power went out.. turned back on and I have green screen! Now what?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power went out.. turned back on and I have green screen! Now what?!: The power went out at my house for about a minute then kicked back on... xbox was just sitting at green screen. 20 mins later I just rebooted and it was green screen again so I let it sit then...
  9. my power brick went i have a question concerning my external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    my power brick went i have a question concerning my external hard drive: my external hard drive has it's own power source. it always has a blue blinking light. after my xbox one power brick died, the flashing blue light stopped on my external hard drive. i am assuming...
  10. XBox One Live working fine. Power went out at my house while XBox was on & now I get ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Live working fine. Power went out at my house while XBox was on & now I get ...: XBox One Live working fine. Power went out at my house while XBox was on & now I get Error: 0x80a40002 Can someone please help me!!! db3f2e78-c966-4855-8725-842d7523b83d