Xbox One not powering up?

Discus and support Xbox One not powering up? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having a problem with my Xbox one its been working fine since launch. Just before New Years Eve I went to power the console on and it wont... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StainableDog, Jan 2, 2014.

1. StainableDog
    StainableDog Guest

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my Xbox one its been working fine since launch. Just before New Years Eve I went to power the console on and it wont power up.

The power units light seems to turn on for a few seconds orange then fades out, I tried to plug the power unit in but not have it plugged into the back off the Xbox One when I do this the light stays on orange. But if its plugged into the back of the console
    it goes off after a couple of seconds.

Is this likely to be a problem with the Power supply or the console?

Im guessing the power supply but just with the light staying on when its plugged into the mains but then the cable not into the back of the Xbox one I was unsure.

Any information would be most appreciated.

SD

:)

StainableDog, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Xbox one not powering on?

So I was curious if anyone has ever experienced this issue with their X1. Basically I had the X1 plugged in to a specific outlet moved just a few feet to another outlet and it would not power on. So I called support told me to try another brick. Also did
    all the resetting tips for my brick. Now granted everything else was working in this plug whenever I plugged something in. So I plugged it back into the original outlet and bam it powered up. But now it won't power on again even tho it's plugged into the outlet
    that worked before. Anybody else experience anything like this? I'm not sure if my X1 is just faulting since it's the original X1.

Saigon the Chef, Jan 2, 2014
  3. IIIHeKtIkIII
    IIIHeKtIkIII Guest
    Xbox One S not powering on.

So I got a 2TB Xbox One S on launch back in August. Up until now it worked fine minus a beeping and clicking noise from time to time that support said was normal, but just yesterday (Christmas of all days) it powered itself off and will not turn back on,
    it doesn't even make the beeping noise when I hit the power button. I searched the problem and tried the solutions (basically power cycling) but it still won't work. Anyone know what could be causing this? I'm guessing I have to send it in to be serviced.

IIIHeKtIkIII, Jan 2, 2014
  4. {Parity} Win User

defective xbox one from amazon

The power supply should always have a light on it.

Orange light on power supply/no light on Xbox One = Xbox One is off

White light on power supply/no light on Xbox One = Xbox One is in standby (charge controllers, download updates, etc.)

White light on power supply/white light on Xbox One = Xbox One is on
  5. LucKY DAR1US 22 Win User

Xbox one will not power on

Hi,

This might be a problem that you may need to send your Xbox one to Xbox for repairs so i will need you to call them you can find the number here >

forums.xbox.com/.../184869.aspx

Thanks.

||Xbox Ambassador||Enforcement United||YouTuber||

Remember to leave a Like if i helped you out! And check out my Youtube channel if you want!

https://www.youtube.com/user/darius181818abl
  6. PrimitiveMeat Win User

Xbox one power

That's normal behavior for it. No worries!!
  7. MisterBalloons Win User

Xbox One will not power on

Hey Monty,

We have a troubleshooting page just for that issue! Can you try the Console won't power on article?

Not sure about the forums issue, I'm not either to move your post to the correct forums right now either. But no worries we'll still help you here!
  8. Anteater13 Win User

Xbox One will not power on

Hi there, sorry you are having this problem. Is there anything you did last night before it started to work? Have you tried the stuff in this link

support.xbox.com/.../console-wont-power-on
    if not try the steps out then post back to see how it went.
Thema:

1. Xbox One not powering up? - Similar Threads - powering

2. Could Xbox Series X bricking be from power cord?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Could Xbox Series X bricking be from power cord?: My Xbox Series X after about 5-6 hours of use bricked on me yesterday and will be shipping it out soon. But before I do I'm curious if it could be a problem with the power cord? It made tiny...
  3. Xbox one is powering up series x, and series x is turning off xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one is powering up series x, and series x is turning off xbox one: Help ! My husband and i has always had our own xbox one. We do gamesharing, and we never had any problems. But i bought the series s. The wires are al the same, nothing has changed . But when...
  4. USB Hub Not Working/ Not Enough Power?

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB Hub Not Working/ Not Enough Power?: I have an original Xbox One that I bought in 2015. I take good care of the console and therefore rarely get technical issues. Two of the three USB ports on my console are being used. One for a...
  5. Xbox Series X power issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X power issues: I assume that I can't be the only person having power problems with their series X? Just wondering what I should do. Wait for update in hope that fixes it or send back for repair? Since I had...
  6. Xbox One power supply randomly shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One power supply randomly shutting off: I have recently encountered a problem with my Xbox One power supply When I start up my Xbox everything works fine but when I then launch a game the Xbox just randomly loses power. I then have to...
  7. Power issues on Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power issues on Xbox series x: Console keeps turning off every 5-10 mins without warning. Not over heated and power plug is tight in. 17daa0ed-be4f-48db-a3cd-f537935d17f6
  8. Series X powering back on after turning off using controller.

in XboX Insiders
    Series X powering back on after turning off using controller.: Sorry if this had been posted already. I tried searching here but couldn't find my specific issue. When trying to turn off my Xbox using the controller the Xbox will turn off and then instantly...
  9. Xbox Series X USB ports power stops working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X USB ports power stops working: Xbox Series X USB ports power stops working. At random moments when playing different games on the new Xbox Series X I will lose connection to my Xbox One Controller which is plugged in through...
  10. Power supply issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power supply issue: Can anyone help me with this? I have an original Xbox and when I plug my Xbox power supply into the console, the power supply goes from orange to white and back to orange( happens in a time frame...