Xbox One - Not reading Blu-Ray's and sometimes doesn't read any other disc.

Discus and support Xbox One - Not reading Blu-Ray's and sometimes doesn't read any other disc. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As said, my Xbox One won't read Blu-Ray's and occasionally it won't read games/dvds. This is my only entertainment system so it's quite disappointing.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SuperBO 34, Mar 18, 2014.

1. SuperBO 34
    SuperBO 34 Guest

As said, my Xbox One won't read Blu-Ray's and occasionally it won't read games/dvds. This is my only entertainment system so it's quite disappointing. I contacted support through chat and they told me that I needed to go online and fill out a service request
    form. I did so, underneath "Xbox One not reading discs/ disc undetectable". However, when you get to the last page it stops me from filling out a form to either A) get it fixed, or B) get a new console. One that actually works. Now I'm not mad, I've had a
    360 since late '06 and only had a problem with one console. All I'm asking is that I get my money's worth or I'll gladly transfer to Playstation. Any advice or direction would be much appreciated. Oh, and I don't have a personal phone to make calls to Microsoft.

:)

SuperBO 34, Mar 18, 2014
  2. Sorry, we are unable to play this disc.

I just bought an XBox One yesterday and today I set it up. When I insert discs I get an error 0x80820002 and it won't read any of my Games, Blu-Rays or CD's. Anybody else have this issue?

billybobjoe1881, Mar 18, 2014
  3. pmmazz
    pmmazz Guest
    Xbox One X and problem with playing UHD Blu-ray's

Hello,

I'm using Xbox One X mainly as UHD Blu-ray Player. That's why I bought this console a month ago. Till then I bought about 20 movies on UHD Blu-ray's. I've got also about 400 blu-ray's.

Sometimes playing games, but mostly playing movies on my console. Before I bought X1X, I was playing movies on ma Sony Playstation 3, and naver had any problems with that. I thought that i'll made an upgrade to next level (UHD), so I bought X1X.

Now, one month later I've got "few" UHD Blu-ray's (Sony, Warner, Universal, Paramount), and can't watch them when I want.

Re-install Blu-ray Player from Microsoft store doesn't help, any types of restet the same, i've got all presets correct for 4K and UHD Blu-ray's in settings menu , I've even tried new 18Gbps HDMI cables yesterday,and it didn't help, but figured out something
    interesting. when it's happen to start (at last) properly any UHD movie and play it for about 20 - 30 minutes, than i can stop the movie, and change to other one (that doesn't want to start earlier) and then it works (BUT NOT ALWAYS) . It looks like laser
    in the drive must to work for a while, to read properly discs that it can't as it is "cold"...Still.. it's not the way it should works...

what should I do? can you help me?

pmmazz, Mar 18, 2014
Thema:

1. Xbox One - Not reading Blu-Ray's and sometimes doesn't read any other disc. - Similar Threads - reading Blu Ray's

2. Blu-Ray DVD Player App Not Reading Disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-Ray DVD Player App Not Reading Disc: Hi! Hope you all had a good Christmas/New Year! Anyway, since a lot of you fellow Xbox users are probably a lot more knowledgeable about it than I am, I need some help. I recently got a new movie...
  3. Error 0x91d7000a to read 4K Blu Ray after connect Soundbar YAS 107

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x91d7000a to read 4K Blu Ray after connect Soundbar YAS 107: Hello ! Sorry for my english, i'm from France and i try to do my best for resolve my problem. I have a Xbox One X and an OLED 4K TV (LG 55B8). I can run 4K blu Ray on my One X no problem. But...
  4. XB1 reads 360 discs but not XB1 discs or Blu-Ray

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 reads 360 discs but not XB1 discs or Blu-Ray: I keep getting either the “disc may be dirty” or “if you own this title please insert disc” with every XB1 game disc I own but every backward compatible disc works fine. I’ve searched google and...
  5. I can't read 4K Blu-Ray in my Xbox One X, with Blu-ray player apps.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't read 4K Blu-Ray in my Xbox One X, with Blu-ray player apps.: Hello, I buy the movie "Maze Runner" in 4K and when i put the disc in my Xbox One X, the Blu-ray player apps starts but after 2,3 seconds it stop working... By time, the apps say that the disc...
  6. XB1 reads 360 discs but not XB1 discs or Blu-Ray

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 reads 360 discs but not XB1 discs or Blu-Ray: I keep getting either the “disc may be dirty” or “if you own this title please insert disc” with every XB1 game disc I own but every backward compatible disc works fine. I’ve searched google and...
  7. Can't read a 4K Star Wars Blu-ray Disc on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't read a 4K Star Wars Blu-ray Disc on Xbox One X: Hi, Hope I've posted in the correct forum. Basically I purchased my first 4K UHD film, only to find that my Xbox One X can't read it. I put the disc in, it tries to read said disc and just...
  8. Xbox One console only reads Blu-ray movie discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One console only reads Blu-ray movie discs: I have an older version Xbox One console. I'm part of the preview program and I believe after a few updates the firmware I got messed up and it will no longer read 360 backwards compatibility...
  9. Unable to read Deadpool 4K Blu-Ray on Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to read Deadpool 4K Blu-Ray on Xbox One S: Hello everyone, I am facing a problem at a whole new level, I try to read a 4k Blu-Ray (Deadpool) on my Xbox One S, but it stops 44mins (chapter 12). I am unable to read forward, it is like the...
  10. Blu-ray Discs not reading, getting error code 0x91d7000d. Help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blu-ray Discs not reading, getting error code 0x91d7000d. Help!: I just want to watch Star Wars on Blu-ray! 430290f2-d7b3-4822-9ba8-1bfe7d5a7468