Xbox One not reading Monster Hunter: World "Continued"

Discus and support Xbox One not reading Monster Hunter: World "Continued" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I started a previous thread about this issue here.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pariah Lives, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Pariah Lives
    Pariah Lives Guest

I started a previous thread about this issue here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_gapp/xbox-one-wont-read-monster-hunter-world-disc-but/ac24e5eb-4d10-477a-aafc-5403d1679904?messageId=058b56a0-1790-4f94-be82-8d4a64613ee7

Long story short my Xbox One S has suddenly been unable to read or recognize my copy of Monster Hunter: World only that i've been playing with for almost a year & a half. It reads my other 6 physical xbox one games fine.

I came to the conclusion that my disc had somehow become defective. But after today im not sure whats going on now.

I bought a new copy of Monster Hunter: World today & put it in but the same thing happened as before. I put the disc in & nothing happens. I hear the disc spin up the stop then attempt to read again then fail a few more times.

I then returned to the store to echange my new copy for another & the same thing happened with a second new copy.

This then leads me to test backwards compatible 360 games, blu-ray movies & dvd's

I tested 10 backwards compatible 360 games. Only 2 out of the 10 games were read & recognized.

Next I tested 6 blu-ray movies. 4 out of 6 were read & recognized.

Last the dvd's. Again only 2 out of 10 were read.

The number of xbox one discs remain at 6 out of 7 discs read.

From this it looks like the system is being selective with what its reading. Or maybe it's just not reading some disc formats.

I would love some opinions & advice/ help of what others think might be happening here.

:)

Pariah Lives, Aug 29, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Pariah,

Thanks for coming to the forums. With as much that it isn't reading, it is most likely the disk reader is going bad. We recommend to set up a repair for the Xbox console. You can go to

device support
    to set on up or request a call from support. As we gave you all the troubleshooting previously we wont do that again. After you tried multiple different types of disks and most were not read, you need a repair.

When you go to Contact Us,follow these steps to request a call from support:

• Step 1 ----select Xbox One
    • Step 2 ----select see other options then subscription changes
    • Step 3-----select show contact options

Step 4 ----select request call from support

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives request a call from support as a contact option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Tormaz Win User

XBOX has abandoned chinese market!!!!!!!!!!

As far as Monster hunger world keep in mind "Monster Hunter: World is no longer for sale
    in China
    . Governmental regulators in that country have pulled its license, and the continued operation of the game is not guaranteed." my understanding is this applies to all versions including Xbox, PC, and Playstation.
  4. GreyStormGaming Win User

Who is excited for Dauntless? - Free to play

Me : I want Monster hunter : World

Mom : We have Monster Hunter : World at home.

Monster Hunter : World at home ==> Dauntless
  5. itzjustARTYOM Win User

WHAT GAME WAS IT FOR YOU, THAT JUST DIDN'T QUITE LIVE UP TO THE HYPE IT RECEIVED??

It was monster hunter World :/
  6. isDeVianT Win User

Video game Suggestions

Monster Hunter World with Game Pass
Thema:

1. Xbox One not reading Monster Hunter: World "Continued" - Similar Threads - reading Monster Hunter

2. Disc dive won't read cds or dvds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc dive won't read cds or dvds: My xbox will only play disc games but not cds or dvds its weird 3084c127-63ad-4f00-9c3a-16b6a447a4de
  3. hdmi wont read but work

in XBoX on Consoles
    hdmi wont read but work: my xbox one is turning on but no signal is going to my tv cd437471-04aa-4295-a828-9bdab5c0fd17
  4. Disc read errors

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc read errors: I had issues with the disc drive on my old Xbox one console. It completely died on me. Luckily, the One X just launched, so I purchased that, hoping Microsoft used better hardware. I was wrong,...
  5. xbox won't read discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox won't read discs: i have a day one edition xbox one, so it's about six years old. my issue is that it won't read any discs at all. i've tried to reset the console by holding the power button until it went off but...
  6. my xbox 1s wont read [Mod removed - Profanity]

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox 1s wont read [Mod removed - Profanity]: my xbox 1s which is still in warranty will not read any [Mod removed - Profanity] aa549b3a-eb20-4e57-8145-57c138c8b627
  7. internal storage drive reads unformatted

in XBoX on Consoles
    internal storage drive reads unformatted: my internal storage drive reads unformatted. Is there anything I can do other than losing everything by reformatting?I fd173aa4-3bf0-4cf5-be73-3b9c4fa36b40
  8. Xbox one won't read Monster Hunter World disc, but reads every other game disc fine.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one won't read Monster Hunter World disc, but reads every other game disc fine.: Ok so right off let me say my disc for Monster Hunter World is spotless & in perfect condition. It's been in it's case on my desk for the past 3 months, this disc i've had since launch has been...
  9. Cant read redemption code-XBOX Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant read redemption code-XBOX Live: Hi there, hoping someone can help me. My son received a voucher for xbox live but where you scratch off the code it is damaged and you cant read it. Is there a way that we can get a new code?...
  10. Disk drive having trouble reading disk.(makes jet engine sound)-Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disk drive having trouble reading disk.(makes jet engine sound)-Xbox One X: I had an issue with my Xbox One X not being able to read the disk. When the disk was inserted, it made a jet engine sound, and the software did not see a disk. I troubleshooted this problem by...