Xbox one not recognising my new headset

Discus and support Xbox one not recognising my new headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have just bought a new headset - Afterglow 6 (which has the xbox logo all over the box so obviously assumed it would plug in and go, no probs!). I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CoolBaz5000, May 8, 2019.

1. CoolBaz5000
    CoolBaz5000 Guest

I have just bought a new headset - Afterglow 6 (which has the xbox logo all over the box so obviously assumed it would plug in and go, no probs!). I followed the instructions, turned off mute, volume up, plugged into base of controller (which was fully
    charged - and its a newer controller so no need for an adaptor). No sound coming through the headset at all. Went into settings and headset settings all fine however the volume button is greyed out. Have seen a few chats about saying Microsoft have disabled
    some headsets from other manufacturers. Can anyone shed light on this? Have been in touch with the afterglow company direct to query why it might not be working and my concerns on the compatibility and they are telling me to ‘check my claim’ with microsoft.
    The headset does work when plugged into a phone or tablet. Can anyone help? Thank you.

:)

CoolBaz5000, May 8, 2019
  2. Impure Nugget Win User

Have you tried plugging in headset firmly and resyncing controller? This seemed to work for me (check audio settings afterwards to make sure you have headset enabled to play audio through it)

All the best ambassador nugget!
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi CoolBaz5000,

Thank you for coming to the forums. There have been reports of third party headsets not being detected when plugging in through the 3.5 mm port. It's still not known if its a hardware issue with the port itself or simply a controller firmware update that
    caused the 3.5 mm port to no longer register with certain third party headsets, but this is still being investigated. If the headset works on other devices, then the issue is with the controller's 3.5 mm port not recognizing that headset as compatible. The
    only solutions at the moment are to replace the controller and try another one to confirm it's the controller port or purchase an Xbox One Stereo headset adapter that comes included with the

Xbox One stereo headset
    , it is not sold separately.
  4. XB Fer Win User

Microphone monitoring, headset Audio option

I already tried that. I only have one controller but it recognises the headsets.
  5. AJL004 Win User

Headset or controller problems.

I have exactly the same problem, working fine through 3.5mm headset jack on controller, next day no sound at all through controller, only through tv. Controllers won't recognise headset plugged in. I have two controller and both the same. Headset ok on other
    devices and worked fine on xbox one s prior. Just randomly stooped recognising headset plugged in.

Have followed all trouble shooting recommendations and no joy.
  6. AmusingSpark763 Win User

xbox no controller no longer recognising wired headset

Already done on both.

Controllers recognise old not working microsoft headset but do not recognise the turtle beach ones that had been working fine until Friday.

thanks
Thema:

1. Xbox one not recognising my new headset - Similar Threads - recognising headset

2. Controller doesn’t recognise my Headset

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller doesn’t recognise my Headset: Hello, I've got a problem with my headset, it's a Qware headset (not really a high quality one) I bought it as a temporarily headset. It worked perfectly and i finally had a headset again...
  3. Xbox One headset not recognised

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One headset not recognised: Hi, My son has a persistent problem with his headset/controller on Xbox One. The console is not recognising the headset when it is plugged in to his wireless controller. It had being working...
  4. headset mic not recognised in games

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset mic not recognised in games: Go new xbox one set up and started playing with gaming headset. After about two weeks suddenly xbox not picking up microphone and headset. when plugged into the controller i don't here friends...
  5. xbox no controller no longer recognising wired headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox no controller no longer recognising wired headset: I have read multiple threads but no-one has given a satisfactory answer. On Thursday two controllers wtking fine with headset, Friday not. One very upset child thinking it’s his fault. I’ve...
  6. Xbox One S console not recognising mic/ headset - "We cant find a microphone for these...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S console not recognising mic/ headset - "We cant find a microphone for these...: Hi Using a Turtle beach Xbox One headset which has been fine using on two standard wireless controllers as of yesterday. One had always been intermittent but the other died yesterday too. Neither...
  7. Xbox one does not recognise that headset is plugged in to the controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one does not recognise that headset is plugged in to the controller: Hello, I have a question regarding an issue with not being able to use my headset with xbox one. The headset and microphone was working fine for 2 months and suddenly one day last week, there was...
  8. My Xbox One has suddenly stopped recognising that my headset is plugged in, help?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox One has suddenly stopped recognising that my headset is plugged in, help?: My Xbox One has suddenly stopped recognising that my headset is plugged in, and so, I don't get audio or the audio tab under notifications. It was working absolutely fine just the other day, but...
  9. Brand new Xbox one s controller won’t recognise headsets and volume greyed out in settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox one s controller won’t recognise headsets and volume greyed out in settings: got xbox one s sport controller,headphones worked for 2 days then nothing wont recognise any headset,but if i use an xbox one x controller with my xbox s and headset no problem,volume setting...
  10. headset not recognised on xbox one wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset not recognised on xbox one wireless controller: i got an xbox one this christmas and a xbox licenced turtle beach headset. When i plug the headset in to the controller it in does nothing - when i press the x and scroll across to the end (or...