Xbox One not taking my full download speed?

Discus and support Xbox One not taking my full download speed? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My download speed is 20 mbps, or so my xbox tells me, but its only using 1mbps to download gta 5. Ive been at it for nearly 12 hours and its at 60% !!!... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LTmighty, Dec 27, 2014.

1. LTmighty
    LTmighty Guest

My download speed is 20 mbps, or so my xbox tells me, but its only using 1mbps to download gta 5. Ive been at it for nearly 12 hours and its at 60% !!! Did any of you experience something similar?

:)

LTmighty, Dec 27, 2014
  2. Update too long

The update is taking long depending on the download speed that you have

Scrolling down on this page support.xbox.com/xbox-one/networking/troubleshoot-slow-game-or-app-downloads-on-xbox-one allows you to see how long the full game update would take to download, approximately

FearedNightmare, Dec 27, 2014
  3. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    John Dowding, Dec 27, 2014
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Where are you finding out your console's download speed? If in the console's Settings, beware it reports in MB/s, not Mbps (which your ISP uses). So if it was 1-point-something (eg 1.6MB/s) then it's not too far off your actual download speed.

Also, beware that for many of the past 12 hours there was an Xbox Live issue that was causing issues with downloads on Xbox One, which could have prevented your game from downloading as quickly as it should have been. I would suggest power cycling your console
    (and turning off and on your router) which should clear out any lingering issues. You shouldn't lose any download progress by doing this; I have done this on occasion myself to speed up downloads.

Power cycle:
    support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console

maxen, Dec 27, 2014
  5. maxen Win User

Where are you finding out your console's download speed? If in the console's Settings, beware it reports in MB/s, not Mbps (which your ISP uses). So if it was 1-point-something (eg 1.6MB/s) then it's not too far off your actual download speed.

Also, beware that for many of the past 12 hours there was an Xbox Live issue that was causing issues with downloads on Xbox One, which could have prevented your game from downloading as quickly as it should have been. I would suggest power cycling your console
    (and turning off and on your router) which should clear out any lingering issues. You shouldn't lose any download progress by doing this; I have done this on occasion myself to speed up downloads.

Power cycle:
    support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console
  6. FearedNightmare Win User

Update too long

The update is taking long depending on the download speed that you have

Scrolling down on this page support.xbox.com/xbox-one/networking/troubleshoot-slow-game-or-app-downloads-on-xbox-one allows you to see how long the full game update would take to download, approximately
  7. MKDeed Win User

The Xbox Store really need a "download all free DLC" button.

It really does because it takes way to long to select one by one and if your xbox is slow it makes it worst so i agree it needs a full download.
  8. Dark destiny Win User

Question: How many hours will it take for the downloads for Xbox One?

depends on your DL speed, I think the servers will be far better on Xbox One since they are made for more cloud orientated things.

On steam it takes me around 30 minutes to download an 8GB file, so I hope for the same on Xbox One, as it takes me about an hour to download a 5GB file on Xbox 360.

(I use an ethernet cable to get my full internet speed, Xbox One i'll probably use the built in wireless so I bet I only get 40Mbp/s down speed instead of the full 80 I get usually)
  9. XeWoN Win User

Can't play and re-download Sonic anymore

Have you tried to unlock the game using the in-game menus. It should take you back to the download link of the game, just re-download it. It might be the game waiting for it to see that you downloaded the full version while playing it.

I had to do this for one of my games in the past after moving to a new Xbox.
Thema:

1. Xbox One not taking my full download speed? - Similar Threads - taking full download

2. Xbox takes 1 hr to go to green xbox screen then stays there

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox takes 1 hr to go to green xbox screen then stays there: My xbox when i turn it on is stuck on the green screen it its been like this for the last couple days(it takes a really long time to go green)how could i fix it im not able to play a select number...
  3. Why do you let bully go free please. Take the day off my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do you let bully go free please. Take the day off my account?: Look yea i said that word but that person. Was acting like someone. Else he was bugging me to join his party he put hearts i told him idk if i should. Then he kept bugging me so i joined his party...
  4. Xbox One Xbox Dashboard Taking too long

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Xbox Dashboard Taking too long: I have a question and I'm not sure if it can be answered. I was playing some Warzone with my friends when all of a sudden my xbox just shut off for no reason. There was no rain, no storm and my...
  5. Taking too long to start error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Taking too long to start error: Recently my xbox has not been working at all and everything that i try do leads to a Took too long to star error, i cant even sign in or go to setting because nothing will load. I was having a...
  6. Purchase taking forever

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchase taking forever: So I recently tried to purchase something from the minecraft marketplace but its taking forever to purchase. What do I do? 1c4e7945-e34f-475d-92bf-66bf53f10e6c
  7. : you don't have enough storage space to take this update xbox 360

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : you don't have enough storage space to take this update xbox 360: : you don't have enough storage space to take this update xbox 360 I am struggling tonight with an xbox 360 s console, I know its ancient, but I am just a mom trying to put disney plus or hulu or...
  8. Live TV Not Taking Up Full Screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Live TV Not Taking Up Full Screen: Sometimes when I watch live tv, it doesn't maintain the widescreen format. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to be full screen and it just looks horrible on my tv. Also, when...
  9. Full Price to Bargain Bin Price, how long does it take to happend?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Full Price to Bargain Bin Price, how long does it take to happend?: .......... Hello everyone :) .......... I still prefer my games on disc and I only buy digital if it is the only way to get the game (or in a very rare case, I'm too busy to go out and buy it...
  10. how much MB does a full 5 min recording take up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how much MB does a full 5 min recording take up?: So, I wanted to record some clips upload them to OneDrive / SkyDrive. My Video Quality is l 720p l 30fps l After I uploaded to OneDrive I wanted to take it to my computer desktop, add an...