Xbox one not using my full internet speeds

Discus and support Xbox one not using my full internet speeds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My house recieves 1.5 gigabit internet. I have my xbox one plugged in woth cat6 ethernet but when i download a game it starts off downloading at... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Drizzylga1151, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Xbox one not using my full internet speeds

My house recieves 1.5 gigabit internet. I have my xbox one plugged in woth cat6 ethernet but when i download a game it starts off downloading at 300mbps and then drops to around 150mbps. I know that a mechanical hard drive can only be so fast but it goes
    up to 300 for the first 20 seconds then it drops. Can anyone help with this issue?

:)

Drizzylga1151, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Ricardo Cintra Win User

That depends about the Server where you making Downloading, because the Server maybe no have 1.5 gigabit for provide to you download
  3. choppyseize Win User

Also the Xbox caps off around 250 mbps. Having speeds faster than that doesn't matter since it won't go any higher.
  4. slackadelic Win User

It's not the Xbox nor your Internet, most likely it's the download servers themselves.

I see the same thing happen on my side as well.

Think about how many people/games are being downloaded from there :)
  5. grzegorzmstw Win User

Verry slow Download Speed - Network Statistics

Why other servers gave us full speed of download ?? Steam, Orgin ... but no MS with his Live on Xbox 360 wont let us to use our internet full speed. Why noone didnt told me that i wont have full speed on my console, why there is no info in manual ??
  6. Dark destiny Win User

Question: How many hours will it take for the downloads for Xbox One?

depends on your DL speed, I think the servers will be far better on Xbox One since they are made for more cloud orientated things.

On steam it takes me around 30 minutes to download an 8GB file, so I hope for the same on Xbox One, as it takes me about an hour to download a 5GB file on Xbox 360.

(I use an ethernet cable to get my full internet speed, Xbox One i'll probably use the built in wireless so I bet I only get 40Mbp/s down speed instead of the full 80 I get usually)
Thema:

1. Xbox one not using my full internet speeds - Similar Threads - using full internet

2. My XBox 360's 250 HDD is full. Want to use a second drive I can swap out. How do I set up...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBox 360's 250 HDD is full. Want to use a second drive I can swap out. How do I set up...: My XBox 360's 250 HDD is full. Want to use a second drive I can swap out. How do I set up profiles and such for both drives? Basically, I would like to be able to power down my 360, change the...
  3. playing using full copy of game and game pass, two gamertags

in XBoX Games and Apps
    playing using full copy of game and game pass, two gamertags: So, I have the xbox game pass which I have been using to play sea of thieves on my pc. I also recieved a digital voucher for the full game. My girlfriend and I share an xbox but have different...
  4. Full downloaded game cannot be used by other profiles on my Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Full downloaded game cannot be used by other profiles on my Xbox 360: Hi, using my profile I downloaded the demo version of the game Juju. I then updated to the full version using an in-game purchase. When my kids use the console with their own accounts they are...
  5. How to use full version of Minecraft with second Live profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to use full version of Minecraft with second Live profile: Full version of Minecraft was purchased and downloaded using our first profile. We now have a second Live profile but requires new purchase to unlock full version. If full version is on the hard...
  6. Can the smart pistol be used in full auto, if not there is cheating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can the smart pistol be used in full auto, if not there is cheating: I have noticed full auto smart pistols lately. I was wondering are lots of people cheating with modded controllers? d93082bf-dca7-4cab-ab7b-65d380db813a
  7. Xbox game share system is annoying never use full and makes me want to rip my hair out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game share system is annoying never use full and makes me want to rip my hair out: Xboxes system for home Xbox, that can only switch three times a month makes me choose which console I want the game on. Why is home Xbox a thing I think if you have your account on the Xbox. it...
  8. Xbox Live not using my full upload speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live not using my full upload speeds: I have two Xbox ones on the same home network. One of them is wired by Cat-5e and the other is connected over the 5ghz band wifi. I pay my ISP for 200 Mbps down and 25 Mbps up. On every other...
  9. New xBox live member, made mistake of using full name in gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    New xBox live member, made mistake of using full name in gamertag: Hi there, I just got my first xBox, and a 12 month live account, and while I was setting up my account last night I got a little confused and accidentally set up my gamertag as my email/login for...
  10. Tv can do full rgb, what to use on xbox1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tv can do full rgb, what to use on xbox1: My tv can do full rgb and my xb1 always looks a bit off no matter what i do. The heck should i set the range for on xb1? It always looks a tad off 3dbfd0ae-1bff-4592-bfa3-d41647c11612