Xbox One not working due to water . Can it be fixed ?

Discus and support Xbox One not working due to water . Can it be fixed ? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i went out of town for a few days due to renovations and when I came back the whole xbox was covered in dust . I cleansed it and after a few days... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Super Kashif, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Super Kashif
    Super Kashif Guest

So i went out of town for a few days due to renovations and when I came back the whole xbox was covered in dust . I cleansed it and after a few days when I tried to start it , it didn't work . The light in the power supply went orange and when I connected
    the power supply to the xbox , the light went white for split second and amd goes black . I tried to get it fixed from a local repair shop they said that it wasn't working due water in it . Can it be fixed and is it better to get it fixed than to buy a new
    one (as in the sense of the cost of repair)

:)

Super Kashif, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Tarnend Win User

The price that it will be to repair the console will probably be dearer than buying a second hand console tbh..... i would get a replacement.......
  3. Bokor Zombie Win User

Hi
    Super Kashif

Thank you bringing this question to the Xbox Forum. As you have already had it looked at by a repairer, their recommendation may be the way to go if they are Xbox qualified. With out personally opening it up and seeing it, it is hard to make a decision as
    to if it just a part that needs replacing. An Xbox inside is to a degree similar to inside a PC. Though with the information you have given i would say bite the bullet and buy a new or pre-owned Xbox based on your finances and then offer to sell off your old
    one as damaged for someone to buy for parts.

Water in any device if not attended to immediately can or will usually do permanent damage.

Thank you and please let us know what you decide on.
  4. KNIGHT X IIMMOT Win User

You can get it fixed but it will cost a lot and there is a high chance that your Xbox will never be the same and you might run into other problems.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Since you mention a power supply and the orange/white light, you probably have an original Xbox One.

Microsoft can't service/repair that model, as they don't have the spare parts anymore.

Also, since this local repair shop is not an authorized Xbox Service, Microsoft wouldn't have taken the console for repair anyways.

So if no local repair shop can repair the console, your only option is to buy a new console, I'm afraid.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

Unfortunately if it is water damaged, it may well be past help. Too many components may have been shorted out, to make it practical to fix. Also if it is an Original Xbox One, then Xbox no longer offer a service repair for them. Your best option is to
    purchase another console.
Thema:

1. Xbox One not working due to water . Can it be fixed ? - Similar Threads - working due water

2. Xbox iPhone app sign In not working due to cookies

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox iPhone app sign In not working due to cookies: i downloaded the xbox app on my iphone with ios 13. When i try to sign in it keeps saying that cookies are blocked however in my settings they aren’t. How can i fix this? I have deleted and...
  3. Xbox 360 E shutting down due to "insufficient ventilation", fan doesnt work/ underperforms

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 E shutting down due to "insufficient ventilation", fan doesnt work/ underperforms: My Xbox 360 E is shutting down due to "insufficient ventilation" after a couple of minutes being on, even though both the console and the power supply are in well-ventilated spots. Fan doesn't...
  4. Pre-Order Not Working Due To It Being Cancelled?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pre-Order Not Working Due To It Being Cancelled?: So I was checking if the game was going to work for me since there seems to be some people playing already but when ever i go to it, it checks if the game is ready then right away gives me a error...
  5. AC4 - Freedom Cry Will Not Work due to Xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AC4 - Freedom Cry Will Not Work due to Xbox one?: So I created a support ticket for this DLC that no-one who owns an xbox one can appear to play, it hangs constantly. Now from Ubisoft, looks like they blame your console: As for the DLC, it does...
  6. My Xbox live 12 months stopped working before it was due to stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox live 12 months stopped working before it was due to stop working: My Xbox live 12 month subscription was working from nov. 1 2017 and then just stopped working all of the sudden on dec. 9 2017. I was trying everything I could to get it back, such as logging out...
  7. Controller works faulty due to newly bought rechargeble battery pack

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller works faulty due to newly bought rechargeble battery pack: Hi all, Recente I bought a rechargeble battery pack (Ni MH) 4800mAh for my second wireless controller . Once recharged and put into the controller the controller Does not work properly. We...
  8. games not working correctly, not sure where to put this due to the issues..

in XBoX on Consoles
    games not working correctly, not sure where to put this due to the issues..: been playing all morning just fine, went to store and when i came back i went to play halo, i was able to play 1 match fine but as soon as it ended it kicked me to lobby and said you do not appear...
  9. Party chat will not work - 0x807d0106 - due to network limitations

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party chat will not work - 0x807d0106 - due to network limitations: Every single time, typically within 1 min up to 5min I get kicked from party chat. I have checked with ATT U-verse, my console is in the DMZ so all ports are open. My NAT is always "OPEN" - at a...
  10. xbox isnt working due to connection issues host end!

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox isnt working due to connection issues host end!: any chance of a statement as to why this £500 console is rendered useless because of issues at xbox end? people spent a LOT of MONEY on your consoles a statement, nay a FIX would be...