xbox one on old tvs

Discus and support xbox one on old tvs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I want to use a universal component cable to go from my xbox one to an old tv with rca input. I dont want to buy a converter. can it be done? I was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ug the Hooper, Oct 29, 2019.

1. xbox one on old tvs

I want to use a universal component cable to go from my xbox one to an old tv with rca input. I dont want to buy a converter. can it be done? I was streaming on laptop but xbox one became undiscovered somehow. so I found an old tv now I'm just tryna make
    my xbox discoverable.

:)

Ug the Hooper, Oct 29, 2019
  2. G v zauBerBerg Win User

xbox one on old tvs

Hi Ug the Hooper,

as I know this will not work because the ONE needs the HDCP-handshake. But at the start of the ONE there were SCART adapters for the 360 adapter that also worked on the ONE.

Hope this helps and please keep us informed
  3. DCNM_Andre Win User

Problems with the xbox: bands on the screen

it has bands only with the xbox. I changed the TV about one month ago because the old tv brake while playing on xbox (tv had black vertical bands on the right side and then it shuts down)
  4. AEP Knight Win User

Xbox Live having trouble with my new TV.

Well, to start off the problem is occuring whenever I try to connect to LIVE with my new TV hooked to the Xbox. My old TV works fine with LIVE, but the old TV has some audio problems so we got a new one. The new one does not allow me to connect to LIVE.
    I have a Xbox Arcade. The New TV is a Dynex 32" 720p. I am currently using a wireless connection.
  5. aRealMelon-09008EA5- Win User

1920x1080 problem. Vizio M3D550KDE

Your TV may not have the capability to handle the XBox and the PS3, however this problem is probably caused by the old model XBox. The old XBox does not provide as good visual support as the new one.
  6. ChicTeacher06 Win User

Connecting a dish hopper

He doesn't need an xbox to watch TV. You can run one HDMI from the hopper to the TV and run an HDMI from xbox to another slot on the TV. Unless it is an old tv and just has one HDMI input. In that case yes you can run it thru the Xbox but the xbox has
    to be on while you are watching tv and half the times you will need to do a full reboot on the xbox before you can watch TV. There are lots of issues with running your tv signal thru the xbox.
Thema:

xbox one on old tvs

1. xbox one on old tvs - Similar Threads - old tvs

2. Elite Controller 2 with stick drift - Only 4 Months old

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller 2 with stick drift - Only 4 Months old: DON'T BUY AN ELITE CONTROLLER FROM MICROSOFT! I have an Elite Controller (series 2) that has an issue with the left analog stick causing drift. This is 100% a manufacturing issue. I've run...
  3. Xbox one easy game recommendations for old people

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one easy game recommendations for old people: Would like to know what Xbox One games are easy to play for beginners and people that are good at Pong :), 1st person shooters, drivers, etc? 70c761c9-7453-4a04-b64a-56d5f49d0cde
  4. can i get my old textures from xbox 360 on minecraft if i have bedrock edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can i get my old textures from xbox 360 on minecraft if i have bedrock edition?: i wanted to know because i spent quite a bit of money on them and i miss being able to use them and i dont know if i can because google wont show anything. da32f706-6490-446d-8fa3-b36538a173a3
  5. link an old gametag to my new email

in XBoX on Consoles
    link an old gametag to my new email: I can't login with my old gamertag on my xbox 360. My email and password do not work and when I try to recover my password Xbox give me an error. I have a valid Microsoft account but it has a new...
  6. Hard reboot for old Xbox360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard reboot for old Xbox360: I'm trying to change Microsoft accounts on a 2012 Xbox360s, but only get "Sorry we cant change your Microsoft account, more info on Xbox/com/AccountSwap", other options, like hard reset ends with...
  7. Good old compliance lock

in XBoX Accessibility
    Good old compliance lock: Dear Microsoft, As with many of the other posts i have been victim of compliance lock. I am on day 12. Ill skip to the end...i have done the form. Contacted support multiple times. Answered all...
  8. Cant access my old xbox live account. I only know the gamertag but idk the email/phone...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant access my old xbox live account. I only know the gamertag but idk the email/phone...: this account was created over 10 years ago when i was a kid and i havnt used it since i played 360 games with my friends pre 2013. i have no idea what email i used. the gamertag is tiindall. i...
  9. Old email is unreachable

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old email is unreachable: Hello, my Xbox live account does not allow me to log in to it anymore due to some message saying that there was some activity on it that was concerning, so it won't let me log in to keep my...
  10. Xbox One old version not compatible with new OSU1?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One old version not compatible with new OSU1?: I'm having problems with my Xbox one, when the last update came out it turn off half way through the download, and now when turning on goes straight to the booting settings, I've tried everything...