Xbox one only takes disc halfway...

Discus and support Xbox one only takes disc halfway... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I put my disc into the disc slot, and the disc only goes in halfway... It revs up, and stops... If I push it in farther, it makes the same sound and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PhilSwift2, Jul 30, 2019.

1. PhilSwift2
    PhilSwift2 Guest

I put my disc into the disc slot, and the disc only goes in halfway... It revs up, and stops... If I push it in farther, it makes the same sound and pulls the disc until the edge of it is flush with the edge of the brush pad... Can anyone help?

:)

PhilSwift2, Jul 30, 2019
  2. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Phil,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns an inability to insert any disc into your Xbox One console as it stops at about halfway.

Would there happen to be a disc that is already inserted into the console? Please attempt to follow our
    manually eject a disc from Xbox One support article in case there might be a disc stuck inside of the console.

Can you clarify this for us and then let us know with a reply the results?

Best wishes!
  3. Jurgen1488 Win User

Looks like your Xbox will need service. There may be a problem with the disc tray in the disc drive. But first try to clean the Xbox of dust, I recommend a compressed air spray or compressor.
  4. SylvorOnix Win User

It may need repair but first check to make sure there is nothing in the slot preventing the disc from going in. My sister had a very small paper clip stuck in hers courtesy of her 2 year old daughter.
  5. Gimpy_P Win User

Hello Phil,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns an inability to insert any disc into your Xbox One console as it stops at about halfway.

Would there happen to be a disc that is already inserted into the console? Please attempt to follow our
    manually eject a disc from Xbox One support article in case there might be a disc stuck inside of the console.

Can you clarify this for us and then let us know with a reply the results?

Best wishes!
    Along with this, does it make any sounds when you push the eject button when the drive is "empty'?
  6. CamicaziBoss Win User

The motor that pulls the disk in could be failing. You may want to look into getting a repair or replacement.
Thema:

1. Xbox one only takes disc halfway... - Similar Threads - takes disc halfway

2. Xbox not taking in discs by itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not taking in discs by itself: Hey! Another issue i encountered with my xbox is that it doesnt accept disks automatically. I have to press the eject button to put discs into the xbox. And when there is no disc inside the xbox...
  3. Xbox One X Disc Drive Won't Take Any Discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Disc Drive Won't Take Any Discs: Recently got an xbox one x, battlefield 5 gold rush edition. I have gone to put a disk in the machine and nothing happens, it won't take it, no matter what power mode the console is on? Not sure...
  4. Launching disc games after playing for a while it takes me back to home screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Launching disc games after playing for a while it takes me back to home screen: after I put any game disc in my drive it plays it for a little bit but it return me to the home page I'm upset because I can't save any data I pass before it returns me to home screen...
  5. When insert the game disc "Call of Duty: Black Ops II" it takes to read and hear in ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When insert the game disc "Call of Duty: Black Ops II" it takes to read and hear in ...: I have tried all ways to play it well without failure , also I tried checking in No se puede leer disco en Xbox 360 | No se puede leer disco en Xbox 360 | La Xbox 360 no se abre that code page and...
  6. My Xbox won't take in my disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won't take in my disc: when I try to insert a game into my Xbox one, the Xbox doesn't accept it and never takes the game in, can someone please help 7ad3eb53-6a3c-4fa9-9ae7-2573650483f2
  7. Xbox won't take disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't take disc: My Xbox one won't take any disc. I've tried restarting my console and doing a hard reboot. But nothing is working. Also every time I press the eject button it says nothing is in there so please...
  8. Xbox one will not take discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one will not take discs: my Xbox one will not take discs in to it I've tried ejecting but it won't work. Any ideas on how to fix it? 5d6a9611-7a66-4658-a41e-37d54cf1802d
  9. Xbox One does not take disc after manual eject

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One does not take disc after manual eject: The console would not eject so we followed the instructions to manually eject. Now it will not take a disc. f4e22da3-5feb-4f08-9b3a-9b8dc8e13188
  10. So today I was having problems with my disc tray so I went to take off the face plate but when ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So today I was having problems with my disc tray so I went to take off the face plate but when ...: I accidently wrote it up there^ 5d5ba2f4-d0ab-47c7-9633-db120637507b