Xbox one orginal making crackling noises

Discus and support Xbox one orginal making crackling noises in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox began making crackling noises, it powers up but nothing gets shown on the screen. Waiting 20 or so minutes it sometimes starts the green Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TE Rocket, Aug 30, 2019.

1. TE Rocket
    TE Rocket Guest

My Xbox began making crackling noises, it powers up but nothing gets shown on the screen. Waiting 20 or so minutes it sometimes starts the green Xbox startup screen but freezes and never gets past that. Also it does sometimes get to a 'something went wrong
    trouble shoot' page and displays a E105 code I believe. I have followed the power cycle steps and unplugging the power pack to no avail. I have removed the Hdmi cable and the noise still persist's. I haven't however reset to factory default as that's a last
    resort. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Update - crackling is the best I can describe it. Its not of an intensity of a camp fire. It's a poppy/clicky/crackly/jittery sound and occasionally there is a high pitched screech. There no disc in it. And it comes from the back of the console. Sorry if
    I mislead/informed.

:)

TE Rocket, Aug 30, 2019
  2. TE Rocket Win User

Thank you for the reply, been trying to reset it but can't manage to do it thus far. The bind eject button method to get to the troubleshoot page is not working for me. If it was something in the fan would that effect the console from starting up and displaying
    on screen?
  3. Limit3dEdition6 Win User

Try factory reset, but I recommend you take your xbox in for repair. The sound might be from the fan inside the xbox.
  4. TE Rocket Win User

Thank you for the reply, unfortunately it's well out of warranty :(
  5. TE Rocket Win User

The crackling noises come from the console 100%. It originates from the back of the console.
  6. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there TE Rocket

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to handle this issue you're dealing with at the moment. I can totally see how a problem like that could be distressing. We actually have a troubleshooting guide that was created specifically for start-up
    problems like that entitled the
    Xbox One Startup Error Solution
    that I suggest giving a shot.

When you get the chance, give that guide a shot for potential resolution. If those steps do not clear up the problem, you might have to look into replacing the system as Microsoft/Xbox no longer supports repairs for the original Xbox One console.

Hope this information was helpful.

Thanks for reading!
Thema:

1. Xbox one orginal making crackling noises - Similar Threads - orginal making crackling

2. Orginal Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Orginal Xbox: In short, I found one of my favorite games for the Orginal Xbox today>>>Enter The Matrix ans Blood Omen. I miss these game and wish I had the orginal Xbox to play them right now. I wish it was...
  3. which wireless adapter is needed for orginal Xbox 360

in XboX Networking Hardware
    which wireless adapter is needed for orginal Xbox 360: which wireless adapter is needed for orginal Xbox 360 My son has an old original Xbox 360. We are trying to connect it to the Xbox live. We have learned that since it is an original Xbox 360 it...
  4. My Orginal Xbox Account Was Banned Bcuz My Friend Modded My Avatars Hair Color

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Orginal Xbox Account Was Banned Bcuz My Friend Modded My Avatars Hair Color: Back in 2013 I had the best account and gamertag ever created called "Lehgoo" with thousands of hours put into the gaming world and I was young and didn't know anything and my friend asked if he...
  5. Overwatch Orgins Edition bonuses

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Overwatch Orgins Edition bonuses: I purchased the orgins edition on 5/4/16, and I still have not gotten any of the bonuses that were included. The only one that I have gotten was the pre purchase shin for the Widowmaker. I would...
  6. area 51 orginal box game backwards compatible for xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    area 51 orginal box game backwards compatible for xbox one: we i pleas get area 51 original xbox game on to xbox one bc that is most favorite game from original xbox i loved playing it alot could we get backwards compatible pleas i would love that i love...
  7. Youtube, Xbox Insider, xbox orginal avatars won't start or install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Youtube, Xbox Insider, xbox orginal avatars won't start or install: Xbox insider, Youtube app and xbox insider disappear from my apps. I try to unistall and install and nothing. I call tu xbox live service and they support not work. I think is the last preview...
  8. how to reset the game of orgins?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to reset the game of orgins?: I like to start over of the taptiles of orgins. How to do that like reset? 11671bdc-2144-473c-bf34-38eb7f8f96c6
  9. can anyone help with batman arkham orgins?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can anyone help with batman arkham orgins?: can anyone help with batman arkham orgins? brand new and the first disk comes up "unreadable"? second disk is fine. already cleaned the disk and still comes up unreadable. HELP!...
  10. XBOX Orginal Console

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Orginal Console: What would happen if I connect my Win 10 Pro laptop with my old Xbox (1st generation legacy)? cb83b3b5-caad-44ef-824d-a3f834380dea