Xbox One Original Hardware Issue

Discus and support Xbox One Original Hardware Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; OK, bear with me and don't post "TL;DR", because you're gojng to need to know all the details. I was playing a game in my Xbox One, everything was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PBAidenSC, Sep 2, 2019.

1. PBAidenSC
    PBAidenSC Guest

OK, bear with me and don't post "TL;DR", because you're gojng to need to know all the details. I was playing a game in my Xbox One, everything was fine, and it suddenly just shut off, I also heard the fan in the power supply shut off as well. I turned
    it on, nothing. I performed hard reset, nothing. I performes PSU reset, nothing. I opened up the power supply, cleaned out the dust, examined capacitors for bulges, everything was fine. Plugged it in, pressed the power button, didn't turn on, but the cooling
    fans started throttling up, but the consooe itself didn't turn on, and the power supply light turned from Red (standby) to Green (operational). It was just blowing and blowing, it would not turn on. I had it in a well ventilated area, so I take no fault for
    overheating. There wasn't an outage. It might've been a power surge, but I'm not sure. The TV didn't turn off, and I had it plugged into a power strip, so if it was a surge, it would've impacted the TV as well. I tried everything. I plugged the power supply
    into other outlets, into the wall, everything. I even gave it a super long eeset of two hours where I unplugged the controller, HDMI cable from the TV and the Xbox, the Power Supply from the Xbox, the cord from tbe power supply, the cord from the wall, the
    TV frkm the wall, and waited for 2 hours, and...same thing. Theb I try the power supply reset again on multiple outlets and now when I attempt to turn it on, the fans don't even come on anymore. Google is useless because it shows me 40000 results for "orange
    light on power supply brick", and not a single result that I searched for, couldn't find a forum, anything. Microsoft is useless since they make you go through 10 layers of automated menus when you try to get support, I"ve read forums, nothing. I've attempted
    the Microsoft forum article for this and it didn't work. I just...can't...figure...it out. Any ideas? If there is a DIY fix for it, even a curcuitry repair DIY, mention that before resorting to getting it serviced.

:)

PBAidenSC, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Ricardo Cintra Win User

3. TripleTopper321 Win User

We cannot recommend or discuss self repairs , as per forum guidelines

Specifically

"22) Please do not discuss or post links to any topic that could violate the Terms Of Use. Including any threads or posts regarding modifying the way your Xbox operates such 'modding' and/or 'chipping'
    your Xbox or otherwise altering the way it is intended to operate. This includes ANY discussion of self-repair. Please only suggest official support procedures as noted on official support pages on Xbox.com"

My only suggestion would be to obtain another power supply. Even borrow one in order to ascertain if the power supply is at fault
    Based on the previous person's post he was not implying, let alone outright advocating, for a diy surgery in your Xbox One. I assumed change out your power supply for a new official Xbox Onep power supply.
  4. sandy the hippy Win User

Forgive me if you took it that way, I was actually referring to the original posters statement

"...I opened up the power supply, cleaned out the dust, examined capacitors for bulges, everything was fine..."

I wasn't referring to DanMen334. Nothing in his comment made me think he Was advocating or suggesting such a thing. Sorry if that was unclear.
  5. DanMen334 Win User

maybe you should change the power supply, usually when my xbox didn't turn on it was enough to disconnect the power cord from the xbox and reconnect it
  6. sandy the hippy Win User

We cannot recommend or discuss self repairs , as per forum guidelines

Specifically

"22) Please do not discuss or post links to any topic that could violate the Terms Of Use. Including any threads or posts regarding modifying the way your Xbox operates such 'modding' and/or 'chipping'
    your Xbox or otherwise altering the way it is intended to operate. This includes ANY discussion of self-repair. Please only suggest official support procedures as noted on official support pages on Xbox.com"

My only suggestion would be to obtain another power supply. Even borrow one in order to ascertain if the power supply is at fault
Thema:

1. Xbox One Original Hardware Issue - Similar Threads - Original Hardware Issue

2. Purchased Sphinx an original Xbox game on the 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased Sphinx an original Xbox game on the 360: got a 250 GB hard drive 360 slim the Sphinx game downloaded and played the first time now its having problems cost 14 dollars having issues with it now wont download at all tried everything...
  3. Playing Original Xbox Games on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing Original Xbox Games on Xbox 360: So I came across a problem while trying to play Conker: Live and Reloaded on my Xbox 360. It all Started when I got it and put it in only to find that I didn’t have an Xbox 360 hard drive so I got...
  4. Is there any way to get dlc for original forza horizon on xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to get dlc for original forza horizon on xbox one?: I bought the disc and figured i could download the dlc but the xbox one doesnt even say the game is installed and all dlc says game is required sold seperately. For dirt 3 its on disc too but it...
  5. Project Zero(Fatal Frame) Xbox Original is failed to start on xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Project Zero(Fatal Frame) Xbox Original is failed to start on xbox 360: Hello, dear friends. Recently I`ve got a original disks of Project Zero and Project Zero 2 Director`s Cut. The disks are PAL region. I have checked...
  6. how do i reset the button on the cord for my original xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i reset the button on the cord for my original xbox?: how do i reset the button on my xbox original? 93af9690-d375-43c9-b80b-0bb261b3ed9e
  7. Xbox one original do not turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one original do not turn on: I was doing the set up of my Xbox one after resetting my console, in the middle of the process, the power went off and the console switch off. Now im not able to turn on the console....
  8. Overwatch: Origins Edition Physical Media Not Recognized by Console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Overwatch: Origins Edition Physical Media Not Recognized by Console: Some time ago I bought the game Overwatch: Origins Edition on Americanas.com, I played it for a while, but recently it started to have these "flaws" on the edge of the disc and after these flaws...
  9. My original thread was locked before an answer. 1 day suspension 3 years ago, but I would...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My original thread was locked before an answer. 1 day suspension 3 years ago, but I would...: My original thread was locked before a correct answer for some reason. In april 2016 I got an xbox suspension for 24 hours that I never got to the bottom of. I have some free time so I thought I...
  10. downloaded xbox original game won't play on my xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    downloaded xbox original game won't play on my xbox 360: I downloaded crash bandicoot xbox original game on my xbox 360 it won't start and keep getting a message to download again which i've done 3 times and it still won't work can anyone help...