Xbox One (original model from a decade ago) keeps turning itself on. A lot.

Discus and support Xbox One (original model from a decade ago) keeps turning itself on. A lot. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The power/touch button is clean. The console is set to power off completely (no sleep mode enabled). I have tried to use Microsoft's lovely "chat"... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NamelessWill, Jan 14, 2021.

1. NamelessWill
    NamelessWill Guest

The power/touch button is clean. The console is set to power off completely (no sleep mode enabled).

I have tried to use Microsoft's lovely "chat" feature to talk to a professional, but it doesn't work either, so I'm hoping someone out there knows what is going on with my machine. I am tempted to try throwing it off my roof to see if that fixes it, because
    it's sapping up tons of electricity, and turning my room into a sauna.

Why is my console turning itself on several times a day, at random hours? Oh, and it DOESN'T turn itself off, so that's cool.

Thanks in advance.

:)

NamelessWill, Jan 14, 2021
  2. [Farscape] Win User

1, the original xbox one is not a decade old, it is only just past 7 years old.

2, microsoft no longer repair these units and it would be more cost efficient to get a disc version of the xbox one s, or newer.

3, could be that it has an issues with the internal section of the power button, but could be anything.
  3. ALPHA FREEHALL Win User

My first advice is to send it in for repair.

My second advice would be that, when you don't use it, unplug your xbox to prevent it from turning on.

Good luck
  4. Tzar of kaos Win User

What's with all these people thinking MS is out to get them?

Anti-consumer business model this how react PC gamers when Valve launch Steam,a decade ago...
  5. davemcfly85 Win User

Repair services no longer offered???

original as in pre 360 models from 10 years ago, they still repair 360 and 360 s models
  6. ToxicPeanut1998 Win User

Xbox one keeps turning on by itself

Yeah mine keeps doing this too. I've looked on other threads and the devs just tell everyone to make a new thread, for individual support.
Thema:

1. Xbox One (original model from a decade ago) keeps turning itself on. A lot. - Similar Threads - original model decade

2. Hey yall, is there anyway Ultimate spider man for the Original Xbox would be backwards...

in XboX Insiders
    Hey yall, is there anyway Ultimate spider man for the Original Xbox would be backwards...: It's been something I've had on my mind for ages!! And I really want to see it come to Xbox ones/SX/SS. And I guarantee many other people would wanna see it up on newer gen consoles. submitted...
  3. Xbox original disc - Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox original disc - Series X: Hi, I have a disc for the original xbox and its not playing on the series X despite being in the backward compatable list and available for purchase throught the store. I get the error messege...
  4. Original Xbox One 60hz?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox One 60hz?: Is there anyway to get my refresh rate up on a original Xbox one? 335a3e6c-b54b-49c9-afa4-036a570c0aa0
  5. XBOX One original elite model 1540 powers on but no display on TV? Help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One original elite model 1540 powers on but no display on TV? Help!: I don't know if anyone has experienced this but my XBOX One original elite model 1540 powers on but no display on TV? I checked the light on the power supply thinking, maybe its the power supply...
  6. Can I use an Xbox One or 360 controller on an older model original Xbox console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use an Xbox One or 360 controller on an older model original Xbox console?: I have an original Xbox but the controller connecting wire is broken. Can I use the later Xbox One or Xbox 360 controllers on it? I am asking because it is very difficult to find an original Xbox...
  7. Xbox one keep sending me to Troubleshooting screen (Original model)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one keep sending me to Troubleshooting screen (Original model): Everytime I boot up my Xbox one it's takes me to the troubleshooting screen without touching anything. I tried the power cycle and the offline update. I had the system since 2014 and brought it...
  8. Can't play original Xbox games on my xbox360 slim model for some reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play original Xbox games on my xbox360 slim model for some reason: [img] I have everything required to play the original Xbox games but it says that I need to download the game to play it. It comes up as an error message but I know you can't download the game...
  9. Can I use my 3 External Hard Drive's from my Original 2014 Model Xbox One on my New Gears ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use my 3 External Hard Drive's from my Original 2014 Model Xbox One on my New Gears ...: Hello I did some web searching on this subject, but I was unable to find a satisfactory answer. I have 3 USB 3.0 7200RPM External Hard Drive's, which are 2 Toshiba portable brand 1TB's and 1...
  10. Interested in increasing storage capacity to over 500 GB for Xbox 360(Original Model) .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Interested in increasing storage capacity to over 500 GB for Xbox 360(Original Model) .: I'm currently interested in having a bigger external hard drive that can carry over 500GB(Actual capacity is 461GB). Sadly however no distributor seems to have any to sell based on my findings...