Xbox One Original Turns on randomly

Discus and support Xbox One Original Turns on randomly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been scrolling through the community and seeing that people have an issue with their Xbox turning on randomly, if you have an Xbox One original... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tesla 746, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Tesla 746
    Tesla 746 Guest

I've been scrolling through the community and seeing that people have an issue with their Xbox turning on randomly, if you have an Xbox One original console with the capacitive touch power button, I find that reacts with EMF from some other devices in
    your home. Sometimes static electricity in the vicinity will react with it, however the problem doesn't happen with the Xbox One s console that I have seen.

:)

Tesla 746, Mar 20, 2020
  2. aMexicanErb Win User

So i have an original Xbox (was looking to replace it then they announced the Series X, might as well wait it out). I had an issue where my Xbox would randomly turn on or once it was on it would shut off. I tried to pin point the issue and finally landed
    on it being the Power Cord. So i paid 50 bucks or so at my local game stop and got a new power cord. It solved the issue, i have not had a problem since!

How i pin pointed it being the power cord you ask, try this if your Xbox is on, try wiggling the cord, it should beep and power down or you can try it with the System off and it might turn it off, but it works better if you power on the system and then wiggle
    the cord, if nothing happens it is probably not the cord. i would try shaking/wiggling the cord in several different areas as well.
  3. julosjc Win User

Mine was turning on from google home as well? make sure it is not caused by this as well by removing from your network or if you have in error set it up with a routine
  4. pjameleven Win User

Thanks for posting this. My brother had this issue for a while before he upgraded to a One X.
  5. HyperVenom523 Win User

I heard many friends that experience the same thing lately even with their Xbox One X
  6. N0tY0uAgain Win User

People also need to make sure their TV does not automatically turn their XBOX on through the HDMI cable. I have had this issue constantly even though I turned the feature off.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Original Turns on randomly - Similar Threads - Original Turns randomly

2. My original xbox one turns on and off repeatedly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My original xbox one turns on and off repeatedly: Video link Others have the same issue but there's nothing online and describing the issue is even harder. f244b45d-bca3-4baf-8ca2-1a9925413afd
  3. My original xbox turns off unexpectedly

in XboX Insiders
    My original xbox turns off unexpectedly: My Xbox (original) randomly turns off by itself and afterwards I can't turn it back on without removing the cable from the power brick. No warnings of overheating, and it happens sometimes even...
  4. Xbox one Original console turns off and on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Original console turns off and on.: So I haven't played on my console for a while and thought I'd check it out before christmas. At first it booted up fine, simply informing me I'll have to update- then it turned off. Since then It...
  5. Xbox one original turns off randomly while playing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one original turns off randomly while playing: My xbox randomly turns off while playing games and my power supply is new What should i do? I think it's happening because of the update i got dcfc6180-f3a8-4fb9-84d2-7cbce3caa2e2
  6. Xbox one original turns on no signal detected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one original turns on no signal detected: Hi there so I turned on my original Xbox one and it still gives me no display/signal. I use a USB controller, the Xbox one turns on but no signal detected nor the controller stays on. I've tried...
  7. Xbox one original do not turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one original do not turn on: I was doing the set up of my Xbox one after resetting my console, in the middle of the process, the power went off and the console switch off. Now im not able to turn on the console....
  8. Original Xbox One not turning on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox One not turning on: My Xbox One will not turn on. The Xbox makes a low volume version of the start up chime and sometimes it cuts off the chime. I have had this issue for awhile but unplugging all the USB ports fixed...
  9. Original Xbox One Power Brick Light Turns Off When Plugged Into Console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox One Power Brick Light Turns Off When Plugged Into Console: Was playing and then my xbox just turned off without me touching the console or power supply. The power supply light is orange when plugged into the wall, but when I plug it into the console it...
  10. Xbox one (original) turns on randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one (original) turns on randomly: My Xbox one turns on randomly. I am on energy saving and have turned off all of my tv settings. I.e. do Nothing for every option. The only thing I have on is auto update....