Xbox One (original) won't power up properly?

Discus and support Xbox One (original) won't power up properly? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all I have an original black Xbox one and it won't power on - the light comes on the front of the console, the fan starts whirring then i get a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Stokomotive, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Stokomotive
    Stokomotive Guest

Hi all

I have an original black Xbox one and it won't power on - the light comes on the front of the console, the fan starts whirring then i get a quiet but repetitive '3 clicks' for about a minute before it turns itself off.

I've tried the usual 'remove the power supply for ten seconds' but that makes no difference - it seems the power supply is fine

Any help greatly appreciated, especially in these times of lock down in the UK!

:)

Stokomotive, Mar 28, 2020
  2. HKS Centurion Win User

Original Xbox One won't power up.

Sounds like you may need a new power supply for the console.
  3. ericjwilborn Win User

You wouldn't be voiding any warranty at this point.. it's well past the warranty period.

Before replacing, make sure that the power cord going into the brick is snug as well.. I've seen issues with it being loose in the past as well.
  4. Jonny3638 Win User

I borrowed my son's brick and it started fine. New power supply it is then.
  5. CrazY1985 Win User

Do you have friends living close who can lend you a power supply? Just to make sure it really is the problem?
  6. Jonny3638 Win User

Hi yes I've spent the last hour completely removing all power for a while and carried out both microsoft reset procedures. Is it ok to buy a new power supply off Amazon if it's aftermarket?
Thema:

1. Xbox One (original) won't power up properly? - Similar Threads - original won't power

2. Xbox One Original won't turn on power brick light goes off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Original won't turn on power brick light goes off: I tried the Xbox One power supply solution multiple times and it hasn't helped. The power brick's light dies as soon as it is plugged in. I waited 10 seconds and it still doesn't work at all. Does...
  3. Bought and downloaded original Destroy All Humans on xbox360. But it won't play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought and downloaded original Destroy All Humans on xbox360. But it won't play: Awhile back I bought and downloaded the Xbox original Destroy All Humans for my Xbox360, but it won't let me play it. Could it be my hard drive? All other games I have bought and downloaded play...
  4. Xbox One Original won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Original won't turn on: My origianl Xbox One (with Kinect) will not turn on. I've read all the existing forums and the power brick reset. Nothing is working. My Power Brick is solid orange or maybe you want to call it...
  5. Original battlefront that's free with gold now won't load on my 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Original battlefront that's free with gold now won't load on my 360: My 360 let's us download the game from marketplace but will not load after that 1802b936-7f51-4feb-a9f2-b62d19c7be2e
  6. Dragon Age Origins won't load DLC on Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dragon Age Origins won't load DLC on Xbox One S: I have DA Origins and have played with backward compatibility before on my original Xbox One, now even though all of my dlc is installed the game won't load because the DA servers are down. I...
  7. downloaded xbox original game won't play on my xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    downloaded xbox original game won't play on my xbox 360: I downloaded crash bandicoot xbox original game on my xbox 360 it won't start and keep getting a message to download again which i've done 3 times and it still won't work can anyone help...
  8. Original Xbox game won't run on my Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Original Xbox game won't run on my Xbox 360: Hello. Another day, another problem. I bought an original Xbox game Project Zero which is said to be compatible with Xbox 360 (it is listed on the official Xbox website). However, when I put the...
  9. Original Xbox One : Won't Power On

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox One : Won't Power On: A little while ago, I posted here regarding my Xbox One X failing, and not outputting any video over HDMI. It was sent to Microsoft over a week ago and am still waiting for it back. In the mean...
  10. Original Xbox One won't power up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox One won't power up.: Hi there. My trusty Xbox One has suddenly decided not to power up. I usually power up using the controller and noticed nothing happened. The power supply had a constant orange light and when I...