Xbox One Original won't turn on power brick light goes off

Discus and support Xbox One Original won't turn on power brick light goes off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I tried the Xbox One power supply solution multiple times and it hasn't helped. The power brick's light dies as soon as it is plugged in. I waited 10... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IanC.1, May 21, 2020.

1. IanC.1
    IanC.1 Guest

I tried the Xbox One power supply solution multiple times and it hasn't helped. The power brick's light dies as soon as it is plugged in. I waited 10 seconds and it still doesn't work at all. Does anyone know how to fix? I had the exact same problem with
    my 360 before I randomly got it to work a few days ago.

:)

IanC.1, May 21, 2020
  2. xRECxVOODOO Win User

I had a similar problem swapped out the power brick with a used one from Game Stop and have not had a problem.
  3. HackingSpartan8 Win User

Make sure it's plugged directly into the wall instead of an extender. You can also try a different socket in a different room just to make sure the issue is with the power brick itself. If it doesn't work, your power brick might be defective. You can submit
    the console for repair here: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced but
    since it's out of warranty, it will cost money. It might be cheaper to look for replacement power bricks on ebay or amazon but make sure you're buying an original and not a third party one.
  4. Frathos Win User

It sounds like your Xbox One power supply has gone defective. Unfortunately components in older power supplies degrade over time (eg. electrolytic capacitors) and that usually means it is time to buy a replacement power supply or new console if your console
    is no longer under warranty.

Good luck!
  5. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Xbox one

You mentioned trying another power brick, so I'm assuming you are referring to an original Xbox One model (not the Xbox One S or X)

Then what happens with the light on the power brick when you try to turn the console on? Is it on, off, or flashing orange?
  6. IHoneyBadger02I Win User

Xbox turns on but doesn't load up on tv.

It didn't work for some reason the Xbox front light turns on but I hear no fans or anything starting up in the console is basically seems if it's turned off but the light still on. After I turn it on the only way for the light to turn off is to unplug the
    power brick. I thought it was the power brick but I have tried different ones from other Xbox ones.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Original won't turn on power brick light goes off - Similar Threads - Original won't turn

2. Bought and downloaded original Destroy All Humans on xbox360. But it won't play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought and downloaded original Destroy All Humans on xbox360. But it won't play: Awhile back I bought and downloaded the Xbox original Destroy All Humans for my Xbox360, but it won't let me play it. Could it be my hard drive? All other games I have bought and downloaded play...
  3. Xbox One Original won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Original won't turn on: My origianl Xbox One (with Kinect) will not turn on. I've read all the existing forums and the power brick reset. Nothing is working. My Power Brick is solid orange or maybe you want to call it...
  4. Xbox One (original) won't power up properly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One (original) won't power up properly?: Hi all I have an original black Xbox one and it won't power on - the light comes on the front of the console, the fan starts whirring then i get a quiet but repetitive '3 clicks' for about a...
  5. Original battlefront that's free with gold now won't load on my 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Original battlefront that's free with gold now won't load on my 360: My 360 let's us download the game from marketplace but will not load after that 1802b936-7f51-4feb-a9f2-b62d19c7be2e
  6. Dragon Age Origins won't load DLC on Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dragon Age Origins won't load DLC on Xbox One S: I have DA Origins and have played with backward compatibility before on my original Xbox One, now even though all of my dlc is installed the game won't load because the DA servers are down. I...
  7. Xbox One Original lights up and makes noise but won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Original lights up and makes noise but won't turn on: I have had my xbox one since the year it came out. Recently, it began freezing in the middle of games and refusing to turn back on after hard restarting it. It wasn't the games that froze, but the...
  8. Xbox original won't turn on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox original won't turn on.: Hello reader, I have an Xbox Original (Limited edition) I've just gone to turn it on and it's immediately turned itself off. I checked the cables and they're all plugged in. I fear the worst...
  9. Original xbox 360 won't turn one after having a solid red button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original xbox 360 won't turn one after having a solid red button: i was having problems connecting to xbox live but then all of a sudden the screen turns black and my power button turns solid red. I unplugged everything waited then pulged it all back up. And now...
  10. My original xbox won't turn off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My original xbox won't turn off?: My original xbox for some reason, won’t turn off without unplugging it When I plug it in, it automatically turns on, and when I press the power button, it turns off for a second, then turns back...