Xbox One Party chat cannot connect with PC Xbox Companion app

Discus and support Xbox One Party chat cannot connect with PC Xbox Companion app in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a specific problem with xbox one party chat. Party chat works perfectly when I connect with other Xbox one players, However when a PC player on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Just Kleb, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Just Kleb
    Just Kleb Guest

I have a specific problem with xbox one party chat. Party chat works perfectly when I connect with other Xbox one players, However when a PC player on the xbox one companion app connects, it instantly
    disconnects me. This also occurs joining partys with said players. I have tried Upnp resets for modem, ports, power cycling for both modem and Xbox one. This problem occurs without fault, if on Wired or Wireless connection. I have tried everything i've been
    able to find so far, but cant resolve.

:)

Just Kleb, Jun 21, 2020
  2. MikeHEATUP Win User

double audio when streaming through xbox companion app on pc

the double audio im hearing is coming from the companion app on my pc that im using to stream from my xbox. its not from streamlabs. im getting the audio from my xbox and my pc via the companion app. but im using the companion app to use party chat to
    talk. so i cannot mute it because it then mutes the party chat audio and im not able to hear my party.
  3. xMaduke Win User

Xbox Console Companion - Cross-Platform Party Chat Issues

Reset your xbox and sign into another accoout too see if the problem is still there

regards.

katie

hope this helps
    The xbox console companion is a PC app. I'm having issues connecting from my PC to my friends' Xbox party chat. I don't have an xbox.
  4. НиколайКон Win User

Xbox Game Bar (beta) notifications

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with the Xbox App on PC. I recommend to try this link: Troubleshoot
    Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

If the issue persists, try this:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.

2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.

3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage
    *xboxapp*| Remove-AppxPackage

4. Hit Enter.

Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.

Give this a try and let us know the results.
    That did not help at all.

I've tested it a bit more.

I have an Xbox One, iOS Xbox app and PC with Xbox Companion App and Xbox Game Bar (beta) and my family helped me test it with their accounts

I can receive notifications about party invites from everyone when I am on my Xbox One. This actually works fine.

I can only receive notifications from parties created by Xbox Companion app on my iOS Xbox app. No notifications about party invites sent from Xbox One.

I can join any parties both on my iOS app and on my Xbox One console.

On my PC I can only receive message notifications and voice chat requests both in my Xbox Game Bar and Xbox Companion.

I do not receive any notifications about invites to party neither in Xbox Companion, nor in Xbox Game Bar

From my Xbox Companion I can join open parties that were created by Xbox Companion on another PC if I click on a friend's name.

From my Xbox Companion I CANNOT join open parties that were created on Xbox One console, even if I click on a friend's name and see that he is in a party

From my Xbox Game Bar there is NO option to specifically join a party if a friend is in one, if I choose to "join voice chat" I join a different voice chat and not the one that he has with his party.

Please sort this out. This stuff is actually messing up my ability to join premade groups in Gears 5 multiplayer and I am wasting that XP boost that I got for paying for a deluxe version of the game!
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

No In-Game chat while using Xbox Companion App

Hi AustinM2,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Are you streaming to Twitch directly from the Twitch app on the Xbox? Or are you streaming your Xbox One to your PC through the Xbox Console Companion app? Are you using party chat on the Xbox, or a party through the Xbox Companion app?

What you are describing is by design using the Xbox Live party chats because the servers for the chat are separate from the in-game chat servers. Xbox Live parties effectively mute in-game chat, and mute yourself from in-game chat as well because as I mentioned
    previously, party chats and in-game chats run on different servers. Xbox Live parties are more private channels for chatting with friends, so the muting aspect is by design. I believe this is why many Twitch streamers use Discord since you can hear both the
    Discord chat and in-game chat at the same time.
  6. Quietbutterfly5 Win User

The companion app is going to be indergoing some new upgrades as for the new console coming soon , and the app was also not deisgned for PC players to connect to it however try reinstalling the app on a mobile device to see if it helps if not contact microsoft.com/support
Thema:

1. Xbox One Party chat cannot connect with PC Xbox Companion app - Similar Threads - Party chat cannot

2. Cannot hear anyone on xbox party chat with headsets conected to controller but they can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot hear anyone on xbox party chat with headsets conected to controller but they can...: My issue is that from 1 week past from now I cannot hear anyone in the xbox party voice chat and ingame, but when the headset is nlt connected to my controller on my tv I can hear the people...
  3. Xbox Companion App - cannot hear people in party chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App - cannot hear people in party chat: I play on my PC while my friends all have xbox so I have to use the companion app. I can see my mic activating. I can see their mic activating. I hear nothing. They can hear me. I have no issues...
  4. Xbox party chat - Cannot be heard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox party chat - Cannot be heard: Hi all, I'm having issues being heard in party chats. I got a new controller but when I plug in the headphones (which work on another controller that I've had to replace -faulty left stick), I...
  5. Is text to speech in party chat disabled for Xbox insiders because I cannot find out how to...

in XboX Insiders
    Is text to speech in party chat disabled for Xbox insiders because I cannot find out how to...: It could be just me but yeah my friends have tried to explain how to turn it on but I cannot find it submitted by /u/Il_Troy_lI [link] [comments]
  6. Cannot connect to Xbox companion app party chat from Pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot connect to Xbox companion app party chat from Pc: Hi I cannot connect to xbox live party chat every time I log into xbox companion app on my PC and try and join a freinds party the loading circle just keeps spinning and eventually it does not...
  7. I cannot be heard in Xbox live party chat, but I can hear others and gameplay, adapter...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot be heard in Xbox live party chat, but I can hear others and gameplay, adapter...: I use a headset adapter for my Xbox one headset. When I am in a party, it says I have a mic connected, and the mic icon is in the top right of my home screen. But, I can hear others but they...
  8. Controller Issue - Can hear in Game and Party chat, but cannot talk

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller Issue - Can hear in Game and Party chat, but cannot talk: Hello, Within the last week, I ran into an issue where I could hear both game and party chat, but cannot talk. I use a wired Turtle Beach headset (Recon 50x??) The controller itself was purchased...
  9. I cannot be heard in party chat

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot be heard in party chat: A few days ago I found out that my mic wasn’t picking up my voice or noises for that matter but I can hear every one in the party chat and gameplay. No it wasnt muted and I did not mute myself or...
  10. Xbox one party chat cannot find microphone

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one party chat cannot find microphone: all I am saying is I have tried messing around with my audio settings and I have not been able to find a fix to this people say unplug your mic and that stuff but it doesn’t work I restarted my...