Xbox one pinging/cricket noise

Discus and support Xbox one pinging/cricket noise in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey. For some reason my xbox one has been making a pinging noise. It mainly does it when its turned on running and app or while im playing a game but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Teef2Big4U, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Teef2Big4U
    Teef2Big4U Guest

Hey. For some reason my xbox one has been making a pinging noise. It mainly does it when its turned on running and app or while im playing a game but sometimes it does it even when the xbox is off. Ive had to unplug it sometimes because it got so aggressive.
    If anyone knows how to fix this problem please reply to this. I want to try staying away from sending it in for a repair. Thanks.

:)

Teef2Big4U, Oct 29, 2015
  2. Pinging noise

pinging bell noise coming from box1 intermittently. Wether in use or not? TIA

ExpertYeti71212, Oct 29, 2015
  3. Pinging noise

Hiya!

Sounds like one of the buttons on the console may be stuck as they chime when in use.

We would recommend wiping the surface of the buttons with a dry cloth and then unplugging the console for about 5 mins before plugging it back into a wall outlet only.

Post back and let us know how that goes!

Mister Getafix, Oct 29, 2015
  4. Xbox one pinging/cricket noise

I updated my Xbox 360 yesterday and got this too.

If connected to internet, not even logged in - it does produce audio noise like crickets.

Never had that before - and it works fine if disconnected from internet.

Some hysterical activity like you said - pinging or what?

Sad that you got no response on this.

BookishFlunky90, Feb 4, 2016
  5. BookishFlunky90 Win User

I updated my Xbox 360 yesterday and got this too.

If connected to internet, not even logged in - it does produce audio noise like crickets.

Never had that before - and it works fine if disconnected from internet.

Some hysterical activity like you said - pinging or what?

Sad that you got no response on this.
  6. Joshuaitachi153 Win User

"Rating Collection" A new mysterious feature Microsoft refuses to give answers on.

Why does it make that cricket noise?
  7. Neko Barnes Win User

annoying sound on dashboard

My dashboard is making this cricket noise as well
  8. Elliottos Win User

Fan noise on 'new' console

Now it's making a strange whirring noise as well as ticking like a cricket.
  9. Moltenix Win User

Xbox One Weird Fan Noise

Took my faulty Sunset bundle to the MS store for an exchange. Luckily they had one left. The new one does not make the cricket noise anymore and is very quiet.
Thema:

1. Xbox one pinging/cricket noise - Similar Threads - pinging cricket noise

2. Большой пинг .Big ping.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Большой пинг .Big ping.: Hello dear support xbox . I would like to address the problem of a large ping, although in all games the ping is not higher than a hundred. Solve my problem please. Здравствуйте уважаемая...
  3. Xbox Series x higher ping and packet loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series x higher ping and packet loss: Basically within the last week or so i've noticed that my ping has increased and that packet loss has started to appear. The first time i noticed this war on black ops cold war and then to test...
  4. help for reducing ping?

in XBoX on Windows
    help for reducing ping?: i play on lots of minecraft servers. I have a good amount on ones like hypixel most of the time. Anyeways, sometimes on hypixel and all other servers my ping will jump from 80-700. i tried this...
  5. Sea of Thieves --- High Ping - Kill Ping issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Sea of Thieves --- High Ping - Kill Ping issue: Hello, I own and play sea of thieves for a couple of years now. I bought it from the Microsoft Store. Lately, I took a pause from the game, and now my friends and I wanted to get back into it....
  6. Xbox Series X - Games running at high ping

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X - Games running at high ping: Hi there, I've recently run into an issue on my Xbox Series X where I cannot play any online games without having more than 100 ping which makes playing games like, Warzone unplayable, I've...
  7. Cod 350 ping while loading into a match

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cod 350 ping while loading into a match: I just fixed cod, and I wanted to play online after months of not playing, however, i always get to <350 ping when loading in, my standard ping is 30-50, People say my account is under review or a...
  8. : Random ping spikes which only occur every so often

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Random ping spikes which only occur every so often: : Random ping spikes which only occur every so often So I have a new Xbox series x and I got a new monitor with it and whenever I run a speed test the numbers are all good, and for the most part...
  9. Dolby Atmos High Ping/Screech Created By High Frequencies

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos High Ping/Screech Created By High Frequencies: I notice that in my Astro A40’s that whenever a high enough frequency was played, the audio would create this high pitch beep, that would start out loud and then disappear. I thought it was just...
  10. Ping on fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ping on fortnite: my ping is high only in fortnite, and I can't solve it b3a0b3f6-f972-4e5c-8d57-dfdceec9f5d6