Xbox one play & charge kit: Battery pack charging issues

Discus and support Xbox one play & charge kit: Battery pack charging issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i recently bought the xbox one play and charge kit and the battery pack wouldn't charge (the cable light whould turn white and when unpluged the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Coollc, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Coollc
    Coollc Guest

i recently bought the xbox one play and charge kit and the battery pack wouldn't charge (the cable light whould turn white and when unpluged the controller wouldn't turn on) can you help me fix it? pls

:)

Coollc, Jan 14, 2022
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Play & Charge Kit

3. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox One Controller Battery Status on PC?

4. MaximumExtreme Win User

Controller problems

The cable from the play and charge kit will not charge regular Alkaline batteries. So you will need to replace the batteries when they are depleted. The battery pack from the play and charge kit is a rechargeable battery pack that can be charged when it
    is depleted and there is no need to replace it
  5. UK Damian Win User

Which is best for FPS wired or Wireless Controller

[quote user="The Resistance"]

Get a Play n' Charge one and you can have the best of both worlds.

[/quote]

Well to be honest, the only people that really should be using a play and charge kit are the people who only own one controller and one battery pack. This is quite obvious the advantage to them.

There is absolutely no reason to use a play and charge kit when you own 2 battery packs, and/or controllers because what you do is you always keep the charged pack in the cradle or 2nd controller while using the other one. That way you
    always have one fully charged battery on hand at all times and you will never be without a battery pack and have to endure the very long wait time it takes to charge with the play and charge kit... especially when you are playing at the same time.

Again, the play and charge kit as far as I'm concerned was designed for people who only own a single battery pack. A much better option is to invest in the New black quick charge kit and an extra battery pack (giving you 2 battery packs total) while always
    keeping a fully charged pack on hand. Not only that but the Quick Charge Kit is over twice as fast as a play and charge kit.

Play n' charge kit - 6 to 12 hours depending on if you are using it while it is charging

Quick charge kit - Less than 2 hours for a single pack, Less than 4 hours for 2 packs being charged simutaneously.

This is a no brainer. Quick charge is the much better option hands down, and why anyone would rather be tethered to console like the PS3 is beyond me. IMO that wireless controller isn't really a true wireless controller if you charge it with the play and
    charge. Seriously as soon as I got 2 battery packs, it makes absolutely no sense to use the play and charge kit ever again.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox play and charge kit wont charge, instead saying that battery is charged

Hello Mark,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand having issues with the play and charge kit. The battery pack could be faulty. Here is a troubleshoot

guide for the play and charge kit
    you can try out.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Xbox one play & charge kit: Battery pack charging issues - Similar Threads - play charge kit

2. New Play and Charge Kit.

in XBoX on Windows
    New Play and Charge Kit.: I recently purchased a new play and charge kit from microsoft that said latest model. However, I noticed this one does not have a light on it to indicate when it is done charging. Is this how it...
  3. Play & Charge kit not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Play & Charge kit not working: Hi! I bought a Play & Charge for Series X/S kit about three months ago and it stopped charging maybe two days ago. - I tried it with multiple cables, doesn't work - I get the ''plugged in''...
  4. Play & Charge Kit not charging on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Play & Charge Kit not charging on PC: I have left my controller with the play and charge kit plugged into my pc for hours yet it simply will not store a charge in the battery. It's still fairly new and I have no idea what to do about...
  5. charge & play kit

in XBoX on Consoles
    charge & play kit: i have a charge and play kit for xbox one, but does not work with the new carbon black controller. so much for backwards compatibility model RR -2015-2 4c87a92e-de28-4c47-958a-ebd0d243f75a
  6. Play & Charge Kit for Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Play & Charge Kit for Xbox One: Hi, I wanted to buy the original gamepad recharge kit for xbox one s recharge on the store, but I didn't understand if the kit that is for sale is only one (the same for Seriesx), or a special...
  7. Problem with my Play and Charge kit

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with my Play and Charge kit: I bought the Play and Charge kit for my controller, and until two days ago, when I connected my controller to the USB, the led on the USB turned orange until it was fully charged, and then it...
  8. Series X Controller Won't Charge with USB C Play and Charge Kit

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller Won't Charge with USB C Play and Charge Kit: My Series X controller will not charge no matter which port I plug it into. I've tried the following troubleshooting: -Hard Reset -Tested all USB ports -Tested an Xbox One Play and Charge and...
  9. Microsoft should make their play and charge kits compatible with new controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft should make their play and charge kits compatible with new controllers: To Microsoft, I would like to inform Microsoft Xbox support that the new controllers that came out (with or without the console), called Series X/S controller or controller models, are not...
  10. My old charge and play kit won’t work on my new Xbox series X controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My old charge and play kit won’t work on my new Xbox series X controller: My old charge and play kit won’t work on my new Xbox series X controller when I plug it in to the Xbox it goes in fine but when I try to plug it on top of the controller it won’t go in is it...