Xbox One potentiometer and stick drift

Discus and support Xbox One potentiometer and stick drift in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Anyone know of direct replacements for the oe sensors that are more durable? I remember my 360 never had drift issues and seemed more robust. Would the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mboro19, Mar 22, 2020 at 7:22 PM.

1. mboro19
    mboro19 Guest

Anyone know of direct replacements for the oe sensors that are more durable? I remember my 360 never had drift issues and seemed more robust. Would the sensor from a 360 controller work in a one controller? This is such a common issue, it seems Microsoft
    would approach the problem. I just bought a controller 3 months ago, and already had stick drift. When i tried to find a warranty or repair claim, there was nothing to be found. Anyhow, i wish a third party would step in and make something that actually stood
    up to the test.

:)

2. jfrawls Win User

Xbox One Controller, left stick faulting!!!

I have two controllers BOTH with drift issues. The one left thumb-stick drifts upwards and the other one has a right thumb-stick drift issue that drifts upward.

Like what the heck am I suppose to do. #SMH
  3. linger888 Win User

New Elite Series 2 Controller Stick Drift like the Series 1 ! WHY !? Unbelievable !

I totally can feel the OP's pain.

I've gone through 3 Xbox One controllers (one being an Elite) with stick drift issues.

The stick drift happened outside of the warranty period - so I was basically SOL.

Good luck to those who bought these at launch and "haven't had any issues with it". It's just a matter of time before you guys experience stick drift.
  4. On The RPM Win User

Xbox One Gamepads

I've had various controllers drift on me slightly as well, including my latest one that isn't even a month old. I've stated in another thread that I think the d-pads on the controllers as of late are a bit shoddy compared to the ones on the first gen controllers.
    Seems like they should have a look at the potentiometers as well.
  5. NinjaLunchBox79 Win User

Wired controller issue

Are you saying that one of the sticks has drift?
  6. ruger280 Win User

controller drift

That is strange. I've only ever had stick drift on my old 360 controllers. I don't know if the standard Xbox one controllers have it, but the Xbox Elite controller sticks can be adjusted to have dead zones to avoid drift. Check in the Xbox Accessories
    app if you can adjust it for normal controllers.
    Have my elite controller set up and still drifts. Can't do standard controller. Did notice they drift worse on any COD.
Thema:

1. Xbox One potentiometer and stick drift - Similar Threads - potentiometer stick drift

2. xbox eilte sercies 2 buttones dubble tappin and sticking

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox eilte sercies 2 buttones dubble tappin and sticking: I just bought this Xbox Elite Series 2 controller a month ago. Ever since I had it it has double tap when you press the buttons.i did everything online to fix a problem that really cant be fix...
  3. Stick deadzones on new xbox elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stick deadzones on new xbox elite series 2 controller: Hello, I bought a new xbox elite series 2 controller and I'm not sure if I have a defective one. I noticed a deadzone on the sticks, here it a youtube movie https://youtu.be/NeiNTtzHNhI On...
  4. Xbox elite series 2 thumb stick replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 thumb stick replacement: I need a specific part for my elite series 2 controller that is so hard to find. I need a a pair of magnetic original style thumb stick replacement. It has to be like the Xbox 360 thumb sticks but...
  5. Elite Controller Series 2 Left Stick Issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Elite Controller Series 2 Left Stick Issues: My Elite Controller has an issue with the left stick where moving up and down is slow and sometimes doesn’t even register, but when i remove the thumbstick it works perfectly fine any idea what...
  6. Series 2- Stick drift AGAIN?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series 2- Stick drift AGAIN?!: I have had my controller for less than 2 months and the left joystick has become next to unresponsive. It has been impossible to contact anyone from Microsoft to discuss the issue. When the...
  7. Xbox One X Alpha - stick on green screen

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Alpha - stick on green screen: As of today starting up the Xbox one x in alpha Skip from a cold boot the console just sits on the green Xbox logo screen. The bar keeps moving for over 2 minutes until I performed a hard reset....
  8. My series 2 elite controller analog sticks are swaying upward

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series 2 elite controller analog sticks are swaying upward: I cant fix it. Do i need to put a claim in??? 3aed909f-b9f7-4253-9664-1b5ffb51de73
  9. Where can I buy new OFFICIAL analog sticks for the Xbox One wireless controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I buy new OFFICIAL analog sticks for the Xbox One wireless controller?: Hello, there is no information I could find in the help section to answer this question (and the search function in this forum is bloody useless). After using the analog sticks for 2+ years, they...
  10. Does Microsoft Complete warranty cover stick drift for the Elite series 2?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does Microsoft Complete warranty cover stick drift for the Elite series 2?: Hello, I'm looking to buy a controller elite series 2 but I can't get it from bestbuy in my country so I thought about trying to buy it from the microsoft store with the 3 year warranty....