Xbox one power supply problems

Discus and support Xbox one power supply problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I had the power supply supposedly die on me about a month ago. I went through the troubleshooting steps that came back and told me as much (plug it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BigKahuna2148, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Xbox one power supply problems

So I had the power supply supposedly die on me about a month ago. I went through the troubleshooting steps that came back and told me as much (plug it in, orange light on, connect to console orange light fades off) so I bought a new one. It came in, worked
    fine right up until today when I unplugged it to move to a different room, then when I plugged it in at the new location, BAM same exact issue as before. I refuse to believe that the new power supply just happened to fail only a month later right when I happen
    to try moving it. Is this a problem with the console? Have other people had this issue of multiple power supplies just dying on them in such a short time?

:)

BigKahuna2148, Sep 28, 2019
  2. napalm 31337 Win User

Xbox One not staying on

Do you have a Xbox One with external power supply or an Xbox One S or X with internal power supply?

I say that because in the first case you can try another power supply (ask to a friend if possible) to see if this fix the problem.
  3. Puppy Fujo Win User

My console doesn't come on!!!

This troubleshooter will assist your determining a problem with your power supply and what to do to correct the problem as that is the most likely cause of your issue.

Power Supply Solution
  4. SpotAttila007 Win User

Xbox one doesn't power on. Have just received a replacement power supply under warranty and still won't power on.

I have the same problem man. I thought the problem was the power supply. But I try the power supply on the xbox one of my friend and it goes on. So the problem is the xbox. Sorry for my english... I'm italian
  5. XBF Erick C Win User

Xbox One Overheating With Games Only

Hey there Captain_5304,

Sorry to hear you are encountering these problems with the Xbox One. In this case if the console does continue turning off on you I would advise that you take a look at the following support article to attempt and troubleshoot your Power Supply Unit.

If this has not resolved the problem then you may simply need a replacement power supply unit.

I hope this helps.
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox One turns on and as soon it turns off

This can usually be solves by resetting the surge protection in the power supply. Unplug the console and power supply (if you have an original Xbox one) for 10 seconds and then plug it back in. If that does not fix this problem your power supply (internal
    or external) may need repairs.

For further troubleshooting see these pages:

Original Xbox one:
    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/reset-power-supply-solution

Xbox one S or X:
    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/console-wont-power-on
Thema:

Xbox one power supply problems

1. Xbox one power supply problems - Similar Threads - power supply problems

2. Xbox One power supply problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One power supply problem: About a month, my xbox one turned off unexpectedly. After awhile I identified that the power supply that came with the xbox was not receiving power, as the light was not staying on. It would light...
  3. Xbox One Console Update & Power Supply problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Console Update & Power Supply problem: I'm having an issue with a console update with my xbox one, the xbox starts up as normal and does the update until it's gets to the third stage (applying the update) and my xbox completely shuts...
  4. One X Power Supply Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    One X Power Supply Problem: Hello, I have a power supply problem with my Xbox One X 1TB. After about 30 min of gameplay the console shuts down unexpectedly. After that it would not turn on for quite some time. I looked into...
  5. Xbox One Power Supply Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Power Supply Problem: So I left my Xbox One running over night by accident, because I thought it was set to shut off by itself, and now it won't turn on. Every time I plug the power supply into the power outlet, the...
  6. Xbox 360 s Power supply unit problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 s Power supply unit problem: I have a xbox 360 s console, when i played a game suddenly a beep sound played and my console shut downs, when i turn on my console it power supply unit shows dark orange light and when i press...
  7. PSU power supply problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    PSU power supply problems: Im having problems with the power box for my Xbox One (PSU I think it's called). The little slit of light won't turn on at all even though it's plugged into both the console and the wall. The...
  8. Xbox one Power Supply Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Power Supply Problem: Hello. I bought my Xbox One from the Middle East. The power brick for it uses 220v but now I moved to US, where its only 110V. I want to use my Xbox One, but can any one please tell me whether i...
  9. Problem with power supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with power supply: Hi, I have a problem with my Xbox, my power supply makes strange noises. Can someone tell me why / where does that come from? Thank you in advance. ba684674-1357-4306-9829-04c3285296ac
  10. Xbox 360 S Power supply problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S Power supply problem: Well my Power Brick keeps shutting off with a red light every 30 minutes I play my xbox 360 I'm thinking of using compressed air to blow through the vents but not sure how :P Do I just blow the...