Xbox One powered, won't start, cannot factory reset

Discus and support Xbox One powered, won't start, cannot factory reset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; TL;DR: Xbox One froze while playing a game, now won't start, or output a video signal, but is powering up and down with the front button and EJECT... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bloodfeud79, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Bloodfeud79
    Bloodfeud79 Guest

TL;DR:

Xbox One froze while playing a game, now won't start, or output a video signal, but is powering up and down with the front button and EJECT button. Can't even get it to enter factory reset with USB. Controller cannot connect when console power button illuminated.

Detailed issue:

Playing a game for several hours, then encountered a glitch where music and sound effects stopped playing, but sounds tied to UI actions were audible. Certain textures loaded at extremely low resolution, but the majority of the game (character, UI, environment)
    appeared fine. Attempted to fast-travel, thinking it would reload, but instead the console froze.

Unable to exit game or bring up the console menu, so did a hard shutdown. Tried to power it back up; get the power-up chime and a steadily lit button, but no video output.

Connected directly to TV; changed cord, changed ports.

The controller will turn the system on, but then cannot link (controller blinks, then turns itself off).

Xbox app on my phone detects the console, but shows it as sleeping even with the power button illuminated.

Tried hard shutdown (10-second hold on power button), unplugging the power supply from the wall, waking up by inserting a disc, tapping the EJECT button, and starting in low-resolution mode per the page on no video output (unplug for 30 seconds, hold BIND+EJECT,
    press power, keep holding BIND+EJECT for 10-15 seconds). Eventually tried the full factory reset with USB. In all cases only the start-up chime sounds when the power button is first pressed.

Console was set to conserve power.

Power brick shows steady orange when the console is off or unplugged, steady white when the console is powered. Plugged into a surge protector, other electronics on same protector showing no issues.

Powering the console down with the power button produces a delay of 10 to 60 seconds between pres/chime and turning off.

Both power brick and console are adequately ventilated, on hard surfaces with room for airflow all around.

:)

Bloodfeud79, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Xbox One powered, won't start, cannot factory reset - Similar Threads - powered won't start

2. Xbox One Won't Power Down After One Hour

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Won't Power Down After One Hour: My Xbox One used to power down after one hour of inactivity. I would watch Netflix, Hulu, HBO, whatever and it would turn off since I have that option selected in Settings. Nothing changed, the...
  3. Xbox One won't turn on. Power button chimes on then chimes off 10 seconds later

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One won't turn on. Power button chimes on then chimes off 10 seconds later: I've been having a problem with my original Xbox One for sometime now. When I plug it in, the power brick turns orange, then white, then orange again, then white again, then finally it does so one...
  4. Xbox One X crashed while playing Borderlands, now won't turn on. Even replaced Power Supply.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X crashed while playing Borderlands, now won't turn on. Even replaced Power Supply.: So last week, I was playing Borderlands 3 and randomly it crashed, my xbox turned off and I was thinking "oh no biggie, I'll turn it back on" but to my dismay, it just keeps turning on for 10 secs...
  5. Refused repair - Xbox One S won't power up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Refused repair - Xbox One S won't power up: Hi evergone Just looking for some advice. I bought an Xbox One S 1tb back in January this year. My partner annoyingly gets rid of things as soon as set down, including the box where I had put the...
  6. XBOX 1 won't power on

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 1 won't power on: My kids purchased an XBOX 1 in January 2018. In November 2018 we've observed that when we powered on the unit, it turns off within 5-6 seconds. The kids didn't say anything about the XBOX not...
  7. Xbox won't stay powered on

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox won't stay powered on: So last night I was playing rainbow six siege with some friends until I was getting offline when xbox popped up a console update (I'm apart of the preview program) so I updated the system went...
  8. Xbox One - Has power but won't start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Has power but won't start up: Our xbox one will not start up. There is power but won't bring up the menu, only black screen. Any suggestions? 1dc1dd63-00ae-4d07-bf5d-e0540d40f011
  9. Xbox one powers on but won't start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one powers on but won't start up: Hello. As the title says when i press the ON button both the button and the power supply lights become white but I have no signal, my controller does not connect and the fan makes some weird...
  10. Console won't start. Power brick light is neither orange or white.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console won't start. Power brick light is neither orange or white.: I went to reboot my Xbox my holding the power button down, and when I touched the button, I was shocked by static electricity (my house has a lot of it this time of year). The Xbox made the...