Xbox one powers on for a few seconds then powers back down

Discus and support Xbox one powers on for a few seconds then powers back down in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One X (out of warranty by about six months or so) developed this fault after downloading the Call of Duty Beta. Coincidence? Possibly, but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by El Evandinator, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Xbox one powers on for a few seconds then powers back down

My Xbox One X (out of warranty by about six months or so) developed this fault after downloading the Call of Duty Beta. Coincidence? Possibly, but that's not the point.

Upon starting the console, it'll "chime" as usual. After about five seconds, it'll play the usual "power down" chime and turn off.

Things I've tried:

Plugging directly into a wall socket.

A different socket entirely.

Using a different power cable.

Trying a different TV/HDMI cable.

Power Cycles.

Starting up with controller as opposed to the main power button.

I've also attempted to reboot using the system update on an USB stick. However, it simply doesn't get as far as the two start up chimes that people describe hearing upon holding the eject, bind and power button upon startup. Four seconds and the thing turns
    off.

Has anyone solved this issue? I've found several others who have had something similar in the past but nobody ever seemed to come to any kind of conclusion as to what the cause and/or solution was.

So gutting that a piece of expensive hardware, just 18 months or so old, is currently just a giant brick on the bedside cabinet.

Can anyone shed any light? Am I doing the boot from USB correct? I'm assuming the bind button is simply the "pair" button on the front of the console (One X).

If you've got this far - Thanks so much for taking the time to read this.

:)

El Evandinator, Oct 6, 2019
  2. CryingHero Win User

3. El Evandinator Win User

Thanks for the reply but none of that worked! Gutted
  4. crazydude1965 Win User

Maybe theres a issue with the beta game which they may have fixed since you downloaded and had your issue i know its a chore but have you tried wipeing and complete reset i find this sorts most of my problems. Dont keep anything .
  5. El Evandinator Win User

Nothing on the screen. Unfortunately it won't stay on longer than the four seconds or so.
  6. Tarnend Win User

does anything display on the tv while its powered on for 5 seconds? i am wondering if the hdmi port has gone faulty and cant detect a display input?

if you unplug the power then plug it back in, press and hold the power button for about 15 seconds, does it stay on and start up in like a safe mode with basic display settings?
Thema:

1. Xbox one powers on for a few seconds then powers back down - Similar Threads - powers few seconds

2. Xbox cuts on but won’t power up to the main screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cuts on but won’t power up to the main screen: My Xbox one S goes on this black screen which says something went wrong the two options are restart this Xbox or troubleshoot when I press troubleshoot I try to reset it or restart it and it takes...
  3. Why isn't it possible to buy a Microsoft Xbox One power supply unit?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't it possible to buy a Microsoft Xbox One power supply unit?: Hi, I have an Xbox one with a PSU that finally gave up the ghost recently. The Xbox is out of warranty, which is fine, but I still want to get a proper MS replacement PSU as I've heard bad things...
  4. XBox One - original - power supply replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One - original - power supply replacement: Any suggestions on how I can get my hands on another power supply for XBox one original? c54d4961-ea15-4813-a660-e5236eb28cd0
  5. Xbox one streaming with mixer power randomly going off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one streaming with mixer power randomly going off.: I have been streaming for a few months without problems and earlier this week bought a new xbox one S. Today when streaming on mixer the machine just randomly turns itself off which so far...
  6. Power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power brick: Why is my power brick making a loud noise a6abeb68-9eaa-4d1a-817e-afe86a3d50b2
  7. Xbox one 1TB, powers on for a few seconds then shuts off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one 1TB, powers on for a few seconds then shuts off: I've got 2 Xbox one 1TB, and both of them have the same problem. They power on for a few seconds then shuts off, I've tried a power brick from a working Xbox one, and still have the same problem...
  8. Have to power cycle Xbox to reconnect controllers every few days

in XBoX on Consoles
    Have to power cycle Xbox to reconnect controllers every few days: About a month ago I got an Xbox One with two controllers. I've found that every few days, my controllers won't connect again until I do a full power cycle of my Xbox One. I'll go to turn on the...
  9. Xbox one won't play games and shuts off a few minutes after turned on, no power!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't play games and shuts off a few minutes after turned on, no power!: Our Xbox one has been shutting off, completely disconnected from power...no lights on bar or console..dead as dead...this only happens when we attempt to play a game whether it is on disc or...
  10. Kinect powering on and off every few seconds ????

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect powering on and off every few seconds ????: Just wondering if anybody else has had the above issue ?? Upon investigation, if i go into the kinect settings to calibrate it, it has the screen where it shows you what kinect can see, and even...