Xbox one price difference Globally

Discus and support Xbox one price difference Globally in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Dear xbox, I live in the Netherlands where a unity xbox one bundle now costs 399 euro. But at the same time in the US the same bundle now cost 349... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by haagseuhpimpie, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Xbox one price difference Globally

Dear xbox,

I live in the Netherlands where a unity xbox one bundle now costs 399 euro. But at the same time in the US the same bundle now cost 349 dollar. This is about 278 euros. This is a price difference of 120 euro and 30% more cost for exactly the same console.
    I've been with xbox since the Original xbox and im subscribed to xbox live from te beginning and bought about 3 xbox 360's. We had to wait a year longer for the console to be officially released en now we have to pay 30% extra, I think you dont take your european
    regular costumers seriously.Because of the holidays im thinking of buying a new console but not with this unfair pricing.This way you are losing the regular costumers to the competition.

Maybe you could explain this situation

Best regards.

:)

haagseuhpimpie, Nov 4, 2014
  2. Bazajaytee
    Bazajaytee Guest
    Quite Angry Over Billing Price Issues

The price difference globally for MS Points is for the same reason other things like boxed games cost more when valued in real currency and that is due to local tax differences and currency exchange rates.

Unfortunately this is even more apparent in countries like Australia. It might not be fair but it also isn't Microsoft's fault for varying purchase tax/VAT rates per country.

Bazajaytee, Nov 4, 2014
  3. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Price differences

Publishing and vat causes differences in prices regardless of your region that's with every console

You are better off complaining to your govermnent

ngocphi, Nov 4, 2014
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Hey there haagseuhpimpie!

The promotions regional availability and timing outside the U.S. will vary. This pricing in the U.S. is not permanent, as the promotion will end January 3rd, 2015. You can refer to this article about the details of the promotion
    here! I'm sorry for any frustration this may have caused!

Mister Beep, Nov 4, 2014
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there haagseuhpimpie!

The promotions regional availability and timing outside the U.S. will vary. This pricing in the U.S. is not permanent, as the promotion will end January 3rd, 2015. You can refer to this article about the details of the promotion
    here! I'm sorry for any frustration this may have caused!
  6. H1GH D3FF Win User

porsche rip off!!

What global economic? Not when everyone is purchasing these updates. If no one was buying than that would be different
  7. NameLipsKarem Win User

XBOX One price inequality

Things cost differently in different countries. That's global economics. Doesn't mean the profit margin is greater for Microsoft. The most obvious thing that can cause this are taxes and tariffs.

But you can't expect prices to be the same everywhere. Heck I pass three gas stations on the way to take my kids to school -- same company, same city -- and their price can be as much as 10 cents a gallon different from each other. And that's an selling
    an identical product within 2 miles of each other!
  8. Bazajaytee Win User

Quite Angry Over Billing Price Issues

The price difference globally for MS Points is for the same reason other things like boxed games cost more when valued in real currency and that is due to local tax differences and currency exchange rates.

Unfortunately this is even more apparent in countries like Australia. It might not be fair but it also isn't Microsoft's fault for varying purchase tax/VAT rates per country.
  9. jasonht87 Win User

Error code while redeeming Gears of War 3 full game code

hello - this may be that the code is for a different region than the version of your gears code, where did you purchase your game copy from?

xbox one codes are global however 360 codes are not, i'm afraid.
Thema:

1. Xbox one price difference Globally - Similar Threads - price difference Globally

2. Different Prices?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Different Prices?: I am frequently on the microsoft store and while I may be late to the game, I decided I wanted to download Destiny 2. I click on the Destiny 2 icon and it says “not sold seperately”. Okay? Why...
  3. Fallout 76 - Price Drop and refusal to honour discounted difference on new price

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Fallout 76 - Price Drop and refusal to honour discounted difference on new price: As a very long time, loyal customer to Xbox and Microsoft in general I am very disappointed in the customer service received when I asked for a refund of the difference in price on a new release...
  4. Price difference between Xbox 360 and Xbox ONE

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Price difference between Xbox 360 and Xbox ONE: I currently bought Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox 360 for R$ 149,00. Then I saw that the price of the same game on Xbox ONE is R$ 99,00. Knowing that in the version of Xbox One includes more cars and...
  5. Gold prices are different

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Gold prices are different: Hey i live in South Africa.It says that gold is R50 for a month.But when i click on it to buy it,it is suddenly R159.Is this a problem or error. Please reply if you can Kind Regards...
  6. Xbox Game Pass - price difference

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass - price difference: Xbox Game Pass - price difference I am a subscriber of the Xbox Game Pass and wanted to register a situation that occurred with the last promotion made by Microsoft. Several new subscribers...
  7. pre order price difference from market place to maunfacturer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    pre order price difference from market place to maunfacturer: Hey folks, I have a question. Why is the pre-order of AC Origins Gold £79.99 (with no physical media) via the market place more expensive by at least £10 than buying from GAME or directly from...
  8. Xbox 360 call of duty black ops 2 has a different price in game than on Microsoft, false ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 call of duty black ops 2 has a different price in game than on Microsoft, false ...: I want to purchase the map pack vengeance on call of duty black ops 2, on the in game store, it says 12.00$, when I go to confirm the purchase, it says 14.99$. I want to get the map pack for the...
  9. Same game, different console, so different price?!?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Same game, different console, so different price?!?: I wanted to buy the Season Pass for Rise of the Tomb Raider on 360, so as I saw it on sale @ £5 for the one, I thought, yeah I'll get it at last. Couldn't believe it, it's still full price...
  10. Price policy (Price of Games) in different regions.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Price policy (Price of Games) in different regions.: Hello there, As a customer I'm really wondering why prices have a really big difference in different regions? For example, price for a new AAA game is 59,99$ in U.S. 69,99€ (78$) in Germany,...