Xbox One randomly shuts off (orange light on power brick instead of white) while playing...

Discus and support Xbox One randomly shuts off (orange light on power brick instead of white) while playing... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My Xbox one will shut off randomly (light on the power brick will turn orange instead of the usual white) while I am playing Rockstar games... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by BigMike1501, Jun 30, 2022.

1. BigMike1501
    BigMike1501 Guest

Xbox One randomly shuts off (orange light on power brick instead of white) while playing...

My Xbox one will shut off randomly (light on the power brick will turn orange instead of the usual white) while I am playing Rockstar games (specifically GTA V and Red Dead Redemption 2). It does not do this with any other games or applications. It has been plugged into different outlets (in 3 different houses), doesn't seem hot, and I've got about 1/3 of storage empty. It has done this for about a year, but has started doing it every single time I play one of those games. How can I fix this?

:)

BigMike1501, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Contradictions Win User

Error code 0x8027025a...I have a $500 paperweight now.

Power it off completely and then try signing in again. Make sure it's turned off and not just in standby mode (the light on the power brick should be orange instead of white when it's off). Let us know if that works.
  3. gds1972 Win User

Power brick won't turn off

Hi

The power brick for the Xbox One console never fully turns off if your console is set to instant on mode the light on the power brick will remain white with the console switched off and if the console is set to power save mode the light will be orange/yellow
    when the console is switched off.
  4. Displaynamekm Win User

Xbox flashes on then turns off immediately

No it did not the Xbox continues to flash white then shut off. The power brick though flashes white then turns orange then turns off
  5. Dérek Augusto Win User

Xbox One randomly shuts off (orange light on power brick instead of white) while playing Rockstar games.

Hello BigMike.

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Friend, when the console restarts like this, it's usually because the game demands a lot of processing and a lot of energy, and with a damaged component, it turns off because it doesn't get the necessary energy.

Unfortunately mcirosoft no longer supports the xbox one model.

So the best advice I can give is to look for a particular assistance in your region, and ask the technician to carry out an analysis to verify a possible repair.

Sorry about that, BigMike.

All respects
  6. H0b0W1taShotgun Win User

Xbox One Wont Power On

Same here the Xbox one isnt booting up for me the power brick is amber then I press the on button the brick light turns white then the whole lot shuts off
Thema:

1. Xbox One randomly shuts off (orange light on power brick instead of white) while playing... - Similar Threads - randomly shuts off

2. My Xbox Series X just randomly shut off…. Does this mean it overheated?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X just randomly shut off…. Does this mean it overheated?: It’s been a few weeks since I got a Series x, I was playing Battlefield 2042 up until my console just shut off. I turned it back on and continued playing. I usually put my console in a small...
  3. Xbox Series S shut offs randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S shut offs randomly: I bought the xbox series S last christmas. And i love it overall. Games load fast and the graphic are a little more crisp then my old xbox one s. But about maybe a month after playing consistently...
  4. Twitch started to randomly shut off my stream

in XBoX on Windows
    Twitch started to randomly shut off my stream: Since this week, I am having trouble streaming on Twitch; I'm streaming normally when suddenly I realize the stream is just off, so I go back on the Twitch App, restart my stream, and 1 minute...
  5. Xbox Series S randomly shutting off mid-game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S randomly shutting off mid-game?: For whatever reason, my console has been shutting off, seemingly when it uses too much graphics power. I'm not sure if it's overheating or not, but I haven't gotten any warnings that the console...
  6. Xbox Series X shutting off randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X shutting off randomly: Hi, I bought my console June 2021, it keeps shutting off randomly from the main menu, fifa22 menu, during playing fifa. Without any info. I did all the steps from your troubleshoot about turning...
  7. New Series X randomly shut itself off during Halo Infinite Campaign... No error code.

in XboX Insiders
    New Series X randomly shut itself off during Halo Infinite Campaign... No error code.: I was about 4 hours in my play session in Halo Infinite when, all of a sudden, my Series X randomly shut itself off. The screen turned black and then green for a split second. I am debating on...
  8. Xbox Series X randomly shutting off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X randomly shutting off: This is something that has been goin on for a while but ever since the launch of FH5 this is getting worse. I thought it was isolated to just the game but its also happened in Edge browser. The...
  9. My Xbox Series X Randomly Shuts Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X Randomly Shuts Off: My device randomly turns off in the middle of games. Sometimes I can play for hours and other times I can't play past 30 minutes. Super annoying. I've noticed if happens more often with certain...
  10. Xbox Series S randomly shuts off.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series S randomly shuts off.: Hello, I bought my xbox series S around march of this year and, everything went smoothly for the first months or so until my console randomly crashed. The first time it crashed was around april,...