Xbox one randomly won’t connect to Xbox console companion

Discus and support Xbox one randomly won’t connect to Xbox console companion in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I normally play Xbox on my hp laptop, as my significant other watches tv. I’ll play for weeks with no problem then out of nowhere when I turn on my... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/dalton_daysmith, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Xbox one randomly won’t connect to Xbox console companion

So I normally play Xbox on my hp laptop, as my significant other watches tv. I’ll play for weeks with no problem then out of nowhere when I turn on my Xbox and start the app on my lap top the app doesn’t register my Xbox as on and only shows the “turn on console” button. I try to forget and reconnect the console but it “does not show up on my network”. When I type in the ip address it still does not connect. So I stop playing for a few days, even weeks trying it periodically. Then one day it connects and is back to normal, until the process inevitably repeats. Is this normal? Is there a better quicker fix? I have also tried restarting both devices, also while the Xbox does not connect to my laptop it will still connect and be able to play on my phone 100% of the time it works on my phone. Thank you for reading, hope to hear back soon.

submitted by /u/dalton_daysmith
    [link] [comments]

/u/dalton_daysmith, Oct 27, 2021
  2. H3PA80R Win User

One XBox 2 kids

I would try the Xbox Companion. As long as everyone uses his own account it should not mess up the other kids party. Please inform us if it won´t work through the App.
  3. ThomasHilger Win User

Gamer Tag transfer.

No, this won´t work.

The Xbox One doesn´t support external HDD´s yet. You have to join Xbox Live with your gamertag, after that you can download your gamertag on the Xbox One. Can´t you connect your Xbox 360 with a wire to your router? If not you can use a Xbox 360 of a friend
    with an internet connection.
  4. Schief Win User

Smart Glass second screen and Android

Hello @Phrost510. 2nd screen companions on Android are available for a number of Xbox One games. Can you verify that your Xbox One Smartglass app is connected to your Xbox One console? If you tap on the "Connect" button in the top right of the app, you
    should see your Xbox One console listed there (and in green if connected). Once you are connected then in addition to being able to launch games/apps and navigate the console from SmartGlass, you will see 2nd screen companions available for a number of games
    including Dead Rising 3. You can view more information in the Xbox One SmartGlass FAQ here:

forums.xbox.com/.../1628885.aspx
  5. skys7 Win User

XBOX NEXT

I think some day it will all be about Streams: we won´t have discs anymore. But don´t know if that will already happen with the next Xbox. I still think the internet connections of most people won´t work out for that yet.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

I can't add my Xbox 360 to the Xbox app

Yeah, Phoenix_Reins is correct with this, the Xbox console companion app only works with the Xbox One. There is no app that connects to the Xbox 360.
Thema:

Xbox one randomly won’t connect to Xbox console companion

1. Xbox one randomly won’t connect to Xbox console companion - Similar Threads - randomly won’t connect

2. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows randomly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows randomly disconnecting: Hi, Reccurent issue. I've tried all the solutions from the web such as : - Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver in the Device Manager - Unchecking the Power Management - Disabling...
  3. Random person/people appearing on my friends list.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Random person/people appearing on my friends list.: Hi, so I was playing on Minecraft and I was playing one of the servers (The Hive). All of the sudden, I got 3 friend requests at the same time from different people. I am pretty paranoid so this...
  4. Halo Wars 2 Random leader not selecting DLC leaders

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Wars 2 Random leader not selecting DLC leaders: When ever I play a custom match I like to select all the leaders as random but recently when ever I select random, they are all the base leaders like axtriox and them. I have redownloaded the DLCs...
  5. Fallout 4 Random Crashes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout 4 Random Crashes: Periodically, Fallout 4 will have a crash to the home screen on the Series X (usually preceded by a weird sound-think Max Headroom having a stutter). It doesn't happen often, but enough to be...
  6. Controller audio cutting out randomly.

in XboX Insiders
    Controller audio cutting out randomly.: Audio starts to crackly then it cuts out then the controller turns off then back on again by itself, is anyone else having this issue. On latest Alpha Skip Ahead build. submitted by...
  7. Can we possibly get just random Backwards Compatibility drops?

in XboX Insiders
    Can we possibly get just random Backwards Compatibility drops?: If any are worked on launch them when they are ready. No need to rush them. Have those be side projects they don't need to be released in a specific time frame if devs have the time to work on...
  8. Xbox won’t start up properly and games will randomly freeze or crash

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox won’t start up properly and games will randomly freeze or crash: This started about two days ago I went to turn my Xbox on and it was stuck at a green screen for about 10 mins and then went to a black screen. I contacted Xbox support and told me to factory...
  9. Xbox Series X won’t turn on after randomly shutting down

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X won’t turn on after randomly shutting down: I just started up Gears 5, and the console ran the game for a minute before it completely turned off. Now every time I click the power on button, it flashes once, makes a weird clicking noise, and...
  10. Xbox One Original randomly shut off during gaming and won’t turn back on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Original randomly shut off during gaming and won’t turn back on: I was playing some rdr2 when all of a sudden my xbox makes some weird **** noise and shuts off. I didnt think it was too big of a deal as it had happened before so i turned it on again and while...