Xbox One Reset to default

Discus and support Xbox One Reset to default in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought an Xbox one from a relative who already has her user account logged in. This came with original DVD games. How do I reset this to default and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by John Southey, Sep 12, 2019.

1. John Southey
    John Southey Guest

I bought an Xbox one from a relative who already has her user account logged in. This came with original DVD games. How do I reset this to default and re-install games. I want to be sure these games are not registered to her and I cannot load them. I have
    a business MS account but need to set this up for a child personal account also. I am not a gamer so not familiar with the system

Thanks John

:)

John Southey, Sep 12, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi John,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We recommend doing a
    full factory reset
    . When following the guide select reset and delete everything. This will remove all games apps, accounts that the relative had on the console. You can also follow the

set up a family so you create your son his own account.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Wishcatcher Win User

Hi,

When the factory reset will be done, all will be as new Xbox , you will be able to add your account and add your son as child account ( go to https://account.microsoft.com/family/
    ) to set it as your child.

About original dvd as you have the disc now , you are the owner...

Regards
  4. AridLizard Win User

I have a business MS account but need to set this up for a child personal account also. I am not a gamer so not familiar with the system

Thanks John
    hi John, just to clarify, do not use your MS account as the email address for your child as it is impossible to unlink the gamertag from a Microsoft email address.

use your email address to set up a parent account then add your child account to your MS family.
  5. Whitey Black Win User

Xbox won’t turn on properly

try one of this two reset Options

Reset Console

How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

How to reset your Xbox One console to factory defaults using a USB flash drive https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/reset-factory-defaults-using-usb-flash-drive
  6. Whitey Black Win User

How do I reset Parental controls?

chose wisely

Reset Console

How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

How to reset your Xbox One console to factory defaults using a USB flash drive https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/reset-factory-defaults-using-usb-flash-drive
Thema:

1. Xbox One Reset to default - Similar Threads - Reset default

2. How to request password to reset factory defaults

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to request password to reset factory defaults: Hi, I configured the family control and guest key, but my son can restart the console to factory defaults .... the system allows to do this even when there is no user connected... how to prevent...
  3. Profile Picture resetting to default

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profile Picture resetting to default: The issue is my gamerpic keeps restting to default so when i log in i have my old default image and when i look at my friends profiles they all have the old default images but to them they have...
  4. Accessories App - reset to default missing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Accessories App - reset to default missing: The reset to default option it's missing in the app. It was there a few months ago but is now gone. How can I get this option back? 3228ecba-f339-4075-aacc-871f4d18c16e
  5. Xbox Accessory App: reset to default missing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessory App: reset to default missing: The reset to default option it's missing in the app. It was there a few months ago but is now gone. How can I get this option back? 72f87475-55c7-41f7-8fa0-bb4f7e6bc918
  6. Can’t delete and reinstall the game/reset to factory default

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t delete and reinstall the game/reset to factory default: hi there Can’t delete destiny 2 and reinstall it (it doesn’t start) Buttons are inactive (u are clicking and nothing happens) As well there is no reaction when I tried to reset console Pls...
  7. profile picture and friends with custom pics reset to default

in XBoX on Consoles
    profile picture and friends with custom pics reset to default: I've dont all the troubleshooting and nothing has fixed this issue 2f0c2595-d73e-4a79-9f66-cbdf3545823f
  8. Xbox One won't reset to factory defaults.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One won't reset to factory defaults.: Hello, Over the past few weeks I have noticed a minor problem with my Xbox, which has spiraled into a much bigger one. Whenever there has been an update and the Xbox powers itself down and back...
  9. "How do you reset the whole system settings to default without resetting my hard drive??"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "How do you reset the whole system settings to default without resetting my hard drive??": Hello, I have a question. "How do I reset my system settings to default without resetting my hard drive??" (I'm a developer on Javascripting and Network Interfaces)....
  10. Reseting to factory default by itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reseting to factory default by itself: My xbox reset it self to factory default when it asked me for my Microsoft account I put in the one for my xbox live account but it just made a new one I cannot find my account which I had...