Xbox One Resolution and Display Issues

Discus and support Xbox One Resolution and Display Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] I have recently purhcased a Acer Predator Monitor which can support up to 1440p resolution, it worked fine for around 10 hours on my Xbox One X... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ImKravan, May 23, 2020 at 7:12 AM.

1. ImKravan
    ImKravan Guest

Xbox One Resolution and Display Issues [​IMG]
    I
    have recently purhcased a Acer Predator Monitor which can support up to 1440p resolution, it worked fine for around 10 hours on my Xbox One X until I changed the HDMI cable to switch back to my old monitor for direct comparisons.

When I unplugged the HDMI cable my xbox completely lost power and immediately rebooted. When it was back on, I could not display anything on my Xbox usinf various HMDI cables, on any Monitor or TV inside my house. It would either display ‘No Signal’ or appear
    with the screen extremely offset, flickering hundreds of times every few seconds, numerous pixel static lines appearing and disappearint constantly.

I have tried 5 different HDMI cables, I have tried new and old TV’s and Monitors of differing manufacturers to no avail. I have tried hard resetting my devices and nothing has changed except for my xbox when can be played and displayed perfectly in 720p
    after restoring to factory settings. Anything above 720p, even on monitors which support up to 1440p, are not working.

I tested my brothers Xbox One X on my Monitor with the same HDMI cable I use and there is no issues whatsoever, crispy clean 1440p display. It’s clearly my Xbox that’s the issue and I have no way to solve this. Is there anything that can be done or will
    I have to send it in for repairs?

What I’ve done:

- Factory Reset and tried various settings on numerous Monitors

- Factory Reset and also Lower Resolution Restarted My Xbox

- Tried numerous Monitors and TV’s

- Tried numerous HDMI cables

- Tried different power outlets

- Offline Installed Xbox Update with USB

- Left the xbox unplugged for an hour and cleaned Xbox

Equipment being utilised:

- Xbox One X purchased directly from Amazon in December 2019, Manufactured in August 2019

- Acer Predator XB271HU Monitor purchased from Amazon this week

NOTE: Monitor is not the issue, it works with other Xbox One’s and devices such as PC’s

Many thanks for replies.

:)

2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Screen save zone not working properly

3. Tezzarrific Win User

you unplugged the hdmi while the unit is on, this can damage the port and other items, there is enough charge in the connector to damage a board and hdmi, i have done this on other devices before, only option now is to get it repaired.
  4. Mister Beep Win User

Cannot get full screen on my xbox one

Have you tried diving into the Xbox One display settings to make sure the appropriate resolution is set? Use our

Change TV Display Resolution page
    for steps to change the Xbox One's TV resolution. If the issue persists, that may indicate your TV has specific over scanning features you will need to adjust to get the image to fit. To do that, we recommend consulting
    your TV's owners manual.

Keep us posted on how it goes!
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Problem displaying in 1080p resolution

6. XBF Crystal P Win User

wide screen support

Thema:

1. Xbox One Resolution and Display Issues - Similar Threads - Resolution Display Issues

2. Xbox one x stuck on low resolution mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x stuck on low resolution mode: My Xbox One X will only load up in low resolution mode (640x480). When I try to change the resolution to 720 or 1080p I receive a brief no signal error on my tv before it reverts back to 640x480....
  3. Fortnite stretch resolution side effect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite stretch resolution side effect: I went onto my Xbox setting, on General went to TV & display options, then I went to Video fidelity & overscan and put Overrides to DVI instead of Auto-detect becuse it was supposed to give you...
  4. : Xbox One S stuck in Low Resolution Display.

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Xbox One S stuck in Low Resolution Display.: : Xbox One S stuck in Low Resolution Display. https://youtu.be/Ls6Yz5U2LoU Try this video I hope this helps b7d6cae3-25a3-4431-8300-245fcd5163f5
  5. Xbox one s resolution issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s resolution issue: My xbox is turned on with low resolution 640; i tried to change it but the console don't apply any other higher resolution neither 720 nor 1080 ; i changed the hdmi cable and i make a reset but...
  6. Flickering Display at All Resolutions XBOX ONE S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flickering Display at All Resolutions XBOX ONE S: I cannot get the video to display on my TV. The only resolution that works is in recovery mode at 640x480. When I use any other resolution the signal cuts in and out, and there is...
  7. Problem displaying in 1080p resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem displaying in 1080p resolution: I've played with my console ans this tv for the past 2 years without any problems, until last week. The screen of my console take half or 2/3 of my tv screen, instead taking all of it. I checked...
  8. Problème affichage en résolution 1080p [Translation - Problem displaying in 1080p resolution]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problème affichage en résolution 1080p [Translation - Problem displaying in 1080p resolution]: Bonjour, Je joue depuis environ 2 ans avec la même Xbox One S et la même TV en 1080p (option par défaut de base) sans avoir de problèmes. Mais lorsque j'ai allumé ma console hier soir pour...
  9. Display Resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Display Resolution: When I stream games on Mixer it can sometimes be blurry. I was wondering if I should keep the display resolution at 720p or put it at 1080p? Does it change anything?...
  10. display resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    display resolution: I don't have an option of changing my display resolution on my screen. Usually it will give you options between 820p or 1080p, but it will not give me that option. I also cannot see the whole left...