Xbox One S 1080p Display Issue

Discus and support Xbox One S 1080p Display Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, First off, i have 2 x Xbox One S's My first Xbox One S works with zero issues and runs at 1080p on my TV perfectly. I Recently... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Daethlok, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Daethlok
    Daethlok Guest

Hello Everyone,

First off, i have 2 x Xbox One S's

My first Xbox One S works with zero issues and runs at 1080p on my TV perfectly.

I Recently purchased a second Xbox One S because split screen multiplayer sucks but i have ran into a problem, first of all i could not get the new xbox to display on my TV until i held down the eject and power button to reset the resolution, i changed the
    input from auto to hdmi so i could manually set the resolution to 1080p, everytime i set it to 1080p i would get a no input message and it would reset back to 720p

i know its not my TV or cables as my first xbox one s runs perfectly fine in 1080p, its just the new Xbox One S that has issues

Any Ideas?

:)

Daethlok, Jul 30, 2019
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sorry to hear it. Was this console new or used? If it's a used/refurbished console then I would recommend returning it for an exchange.

If the console is new then I would recommend trying a new factory reset to see if things work for you after that.
  3. vikas_parashar Win User

Xbox Screen appears only for few dialogues boxes

I find my xbox one s working while set on dvi and 640p resolution. But no display on 1080p and hdmi.

Just to add i am using samsung smart 3d tv aand also tested my xbox one s on 2 other displays.. one pc monitor and one more smart tv
  4. Mister Beep Win User

4K Display issues

Hey there!

Have you gone through the steps and suggestions on our
    Troubleshoot 4K on Xbox One S support page
    ? One of the steps mentioned is setting the TV Resolution on your Xbox One S to 1080p, while ensuring the 'Allow 4K' box is checked within 'Advanced TV' settings. The TV resolution setting is specifically for setting
    how non 4K content is scaled, and will still allow native 4K content to play at 4K on your display.

If the flicker issues persist with native 4K content after setting your TV resolution setting to 1080p, please post back the brand and model number of your 4K display so we can take a deeper look!
  5. Mr Crynox Win User

1080P HDR support

Hi,

Only the Xbox One S and the One X support HDR. HDR isn't linked to resolution, so, technically, HDR can work at 1080P. However, in the interest of not confusing consumers, Microsoft have locked HDR to 4K displays only, which is mostly industry standard
    anyway. I'm pretty sure even 1440P doesn't support HDR on One S or One X either.
    I understand that HDR is not related to resolution and that most 1080P displays that do support it are less common that 4K displays, but there are definitely models that do, mine included.

I can play PS4 games on 1080P with HDR but not XB1 games.. I don't understand why MS isn't supporting HDR alongside 1080P ?
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

One S 4k Gaming

Your information is not correct. Actually when you set the xbox one S console resolution to 4K UHD, everything on the console—Home, games, and apps—will display at 4K. 4K content is displayed in its native 4K resolution, and other content (like 1080p content)
    is upscaled to 4K.

For more info:
    support.xbox.com/.../4k-on-xbox-one-s
Thema:

1. Xbox One S 1080p Display Issue - Similar Threads - 1080p Display Issue

2. Xbox one x won't display in 1080p (beta)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one x won't display in 1080p (beta): When I set my Xbox one x to 1080p the signal cuts off. It's fine in 720p though submitted by /u/AgeofReakon [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox one s won't display 1080p

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s won't display 1080p: So i moved my xbox one s to a different tv for a few days and i hooked it back up to my acer monitor, ever since then it just will not display 1080p it works fine on 720 but not on 1080 ive reset...
  4. Xbox One X for Red Dead Redemption 2 on a 1080P display?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X for Red Dead Redemption 2 on a 1080P display?: Hi I currently have the original Xbox one, and a 1080P (non hdr) TV. I´m not buying a new 4K tv anytime soon. In the meantime: Is it worth upgrading to Xbox one X? Will I notice any visual and...
  5. No signal at first to wont display 1080p

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No signal at first to wont display 1080p: Yesterday my Xbox one s which i had for 7 months now started acting out. I had left it at a friends house ( I've been doing that for quite sometime now ,as i work in humanitarian emergency...
  6. 4K Movie Only Displays at 1080p

in XBoX Games and Apps
    4K Movie Only Displays at 1080p: Recently purchased Underworld Blood Wars on 4K blu ray and it is only displaying at 1080p. All other apps and games are showing in 4K. Settings have been verified. TV is an older LG 4K UHD that...
  7. ReCore limited to 720p on a 1080p display

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ReCore limited to 720p on a 1080p display: Windows 10 x64 (1607) ITA, ASUS G751JY (i7-4860HQ, GTX 980m 4GB, 16GB DDR3L, SSD), nVidia driver 368.69 (WDDM2.0), 1080p 75Hz native desktop res G-Sync. Tried the Demo today... The higher...
  8. Xbox One Will Not Display on 1080p

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Will Not Display on 1080p: I have owned my xbox one for about 8 months and have never had a problem until yesterday. My son bought a Roku TV which is 780p and hooked the xbox one to it and it worked fine. However, when i...
  9. Images showing Scorpio on a 1080P display and 4K

in XBoX on Consoles
    Images showing Scorpio on a 1080P display and 4K: These are just a few examples of the differences depending on what type of display you're using. Even a 1080P tv will see upgrades. What do you guys think? Images here....
  10. XBox not displaying on Vizio 1080p HD TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox not displaying on Vizio 1080p HD TV: So I have tried fixing this for days, and have had no luck. So I am turning to this forum. I am attempting to connect my Xbox to my TV in college, something that should be as straightforward as...