Xbox one S 1TB making chirping noises

Discus and support Xbox one S 1TB making chirping noises in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all i recently bought an Xbox one s 1Tb and ive noticed after s few days of using it, it has this weird chirping noise . when put into... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by N.Shaik, Oct 23, 2019.

1. N.Shaik
    N.Shaik Guest

Hey all

i recently bought an Xbox one s 1Tb

and ive noticed after s few days of using it, it has this weird chirping noise .

when put into instant on mode it makes the noise but after a fee minutes the noise increases slightly

also when installing something it makes a weird noise while the console is powered on

my question is should i be worried about this as the xbox still has the one year warranty and i have a 3 month warranty from the place i bought it

should i exchange it for a new one or is this a normal thing with the console

because if they say this noise is an issue it should not be an issue in the first place also could someone please tell me how an xbox one s should sound like without no faults or defects or weird noises

much appreciated

:)

N.Shaik, Oct 23, 2019
  2. LegoNinja187 Win User

It's hard to get an idea of what the noise is from text descriptions, you could always take a video and post to youtube and share the link so that we can hear the noise our selves.

It could be the fan, or the disc spinning, but they shouldn't be chirping noises
  3. N.Shaik Win User

Hi thank you for replying

i understand about the noises when a disc is inserted but this noise is without a disc

i dont have a youtube channel but i can send it over email as ive taken 3 recordings for each noise and scenario

thank you
  4. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Hi again,

perhaps it is best to simply go to the next shop and listen to the exhibits. If there's no store in your area, you might have a friend with an Xbox!
  5. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Hi N.Shaik,

sorry to hear. I guess it is the fan and this is important. So I would prefer to use the exchange option!!

Hope this helps and please keep us informed
  6. N.Shaik Win User

Hey once again people

so update on my xbox

i’ve just phoned the place where i purchased the console from and they keep telling me its a “common thing” .

And i should not be worried about anything

but i still feel theres something wrong and the guy told me to bring it in so they can check it out

he also said that if the software part of it eg: the games run fine and the console does not overheat then everything should be fine
Thema:

1. Xbox one S 1TB making chirping noises - Similar Threads - 1TB making chirping

2. Xbox One S 1Tb Bundle Forza Horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S 1Tb Bundle Forza Horizon 3: Olá! Comprei o bundle acima mas não recebi o cartão com o código para download do jogo, o que posso fazer? Translation: Hello! I bought the bundle above but I didn't get the card with the code...
  3. XBox One S 1TB makes loud noise every 2-3 minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One S 1TB makes loud noise every 2-3 minutes: Hi guys, I recently got an XBox One S. I've noticed that it makes a high pitched noise every 2-3 minutes. Is that normal? It's like a single beep noise. Note, that the noise occurs even if no disc...
  4. I can only store 15GB of Videos/Music on a XBox One S 1TB with 600GB free

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can only store 15GB of Videos/Music on a XBox One S 1TB with 600GB free: Hi guys. I recently got a XBox One S 1TB. I have 600GB free space, however when I try to store more than 15GB of Music or Videos on my console, it says "Not enough space". Note, I have already...
  5. Sostituzione HDD 500 GB xbox one con HDD 1TB SATA [Mod Translation - Replacement HDD 500 GB...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sostituzione HDD 500 GB xbox one con HDD 1TB SATA [Mod Translation - Replacement HDD 500 GB...: Salve, è possibile clonare e sostituire l'HDD 500 gb della xbox one su un HDD da 1T? [Mod Translation - Hello, Is it possible to clone and replace the 500 GB HDD of the xbox one on a 1T HDD?]...
  6. Armazenamento Xbox One X 1tb[Translation-Xbox One X 1TB Storage]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Armazenamento Xbox One X 1tb[Translation-Xbox One X 1TB Storage]: Tenho um Xbox One X com 1TB de HD e 233,8 GB livres. Ao tentar copiar arquivos de um pendrive para o armazenamento interno do Xbox one, através do explorador de arquivos, o mesmo só permite 15,3GB...
  7. XBox 1TB - Forza Bundle - XBOX Game Pass Code - Forza Code non existent

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox 1TB - Forza Bundle - XBOX Game Pass Code - Forza Code non existent: Hi , I bought XBOX ONEX 1TB with Forza Bundle from Costco. I was able to use the XBox Game Pass code for 2 weeks that came with the XBOX. However, I'm not able to find any code for Forza and I'm...
  8. Posso comprar sem medo o XBOX ONEs 1TB?[Can I buy the XBOX ONEs 1TB without fear?]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Posso comprar sem medo o XBOX ONEs 1TB?[Can I buy the XBOX ONEs 1TB without fear?]: O preço está acessível e muito melhor do que o do PS4. [Mod Removed - External Website] O site é o BEMOL Benchimol, Irmão e Cia LTDA. Rua Miranda Leão, 41 - Centro - Manaus - AM. CEP 69005-040...
  9. Xbox One S 1TB Console – Sea of Thieves Bundle - Game code expiry dtes?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox One S 1TB Console – Sea of Thieves Bundle - Game code expiry dtes?: Hello all! I recently purchased an Xbox One S 1TB Console – Sea of Thieves Bundle. I understand that the current practice is, unfortunately, to include game codes to download the content, rather...
  10. My Xbox one elite console 1TB making high pitched noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one elite console 1TB making high pitched noise: Okay so when my fan on my xbox one slowly starts making a high pitched noise then when the fan is warm it makes a high pitched squeaky noise not mega loud but lets just say if I didn't have...